“Very tired property” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Riverport St. Louis

IHG Booking.com
Holiday Inn Express Riverport St. Louis
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   13735 Riverport Drive, Maryland Heights, Saint Louis, MO 63043   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Atlanta, Georgia
“Very tired property”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

The room was tired........definitely time for a redo. The towels and washcloths were clean but threadbare and stained. The electrical outlets had different color plates than the plugs. The grille on the ac was broken. There were smudges on the walls everywhere. the wall of the shower was cracked and the counters had different shades of caulk around it. The carpet was stained. I was on the 5th floor and the ice machine spit out two or three cubes at a time about 20 seconds apart.
The woman that checked me in on the 9th of October was very busy with her personal business and I felt like I was putting her out to even check me in. The breakfast was runny watery eggs and sausage in a bath of grease, no bacon. I did not partake of the breakfast....the coffee was excellent. Internet was acceptable until it froze for about an hour at 10 pm. I travel most weeks and am not all that picky but they have milked this property for all she is worth. It is an excellent location but I will not stay there again. The bright spot was a very nice cheerful lady on the front desk in the morning, I believe her name is Sandy.

Room Tip: As a platinum Member I was supposedly given a better room. If that is their better room I would rath...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
JohnVC, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Riverport St. Louis, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Dear jfdatl,

Thank you for staying with us and for being a Platinum member. We are getting ready to make some major improvements to the hotel. We will start our renovation later this year and hope to be finished in spring of 2014. All area of the hotel will be renovated including the guest rooms, breakfast area, lobby, and fitness center. We hope you will come back and give us another shot.

35 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Los angeles
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

This was my first time staying at a holiday inn express and I was disappointed. The family got two rooms and the air conditioning did not work well in either room. It was too cold during the day and then at night, it barely worked so we were sweltering. The doors also looked like someone had tried to break into them. I would recommend this hotel.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Julie W

I am sorry to hear your room wasn't what you expected. We always want to make sure our guests are 100% satisfied with their stay and we will take your feedback to make sure we make improvements. I hope you will give us another shot next time you are in town.

Springfield, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

I understand hotels go through wear and tear with the thousands of people that are in and out of them, so I'm not going to nit pick on this stain, or this crack. By all means it wasn't ran down, but it wasn't a 5 start hotel either.

I felt very welcomed when I arrived, the front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. Any staff I came across during my stay, whether it be front end, maintenance, or house keeping, they all acknowled me.

My room was larger than most hotels I stay in for business, so it was comfortable and I didn't feel cramped.

Over all, I had a pleasant stay.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear TaraLynn74,

Thanks for staying with us! I am glad you enjoyed your stay. You will be happy to know we will be going through a renovation starting later this year, so our product will be new and improved come spring!

Jacksonville, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

After driving 930 miles all I wanted to do was sleep, the receptionist was talking about pizza with another guest while I stood there and waited for 10 min, exhausted. She was polite, and that was the only annoyance that I had with this hotel. I felt very safe in the location, the hotel was nice and the bed was very comfy. I slept like a rock until about 2 am when I could hear the alarm next door going off.... Walls are pretty thin there. Breakfast was warm and very tasty and the price was perfect!

• Stayed October 2013
Dear Hailey R,

Thank you for staying with us. I am sorry you had to wait a few minutes before getting into your room. I am glad you enjoyed the hotel overall and hope you will stay with us again soon!

Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

I have stayed here a few times, it is pretty nice Holiday Inn Express. The staff is usually very friendly, there is a large breakfast area which is very nice. The rooms are a bit on the roomier side, and they keep it in nice shape for being an older hotel. There is no real restaurants near by except for Dave and Buster's but it is walking distance a few building down the street. This is in an excellent location to the amphitheater, casino and off the highway. The overall rates we have been getting because of this hotel being a preferred hotel of the company we visit makes this even more attractive. When checking out and talking to the front desk, seem that the downstairs and some or all of the rooms are getting a remodel so looking forward to that.

Room Tip: Some people had said that you do not want to have a room facing the highway, I have stayed in those...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Sixdrumin1,

Thank you to you and your company for staying with us! I appreciate the kind words about our staff and our hotel. You are right, we are getting ready for a full renovation starting later this year. We will have all new guest rooms, a new breakfast area, new front desk and much more. We will do this in a way that our guests won't notice much of the construction, so keep coming in to see us!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

We stayed one night as we were passing through St. Louis. It is in a safe location near a Dave and busters which is nice. Our rooms were clean, the staff was kind, the breakfast was nicer than your average continental and it was all around pleasant. Especially for the price! :)

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Jama03,

Thank you for staying with us! We are glad you picked our hotel on your way through town. We hope to see you again next time.

Hay Springs, Nebraska, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

Beautiful area and grounds. We walked two buildings over to supper and felt safe doing so. The elevator doors were quite aggressive about closing but there was a hotel staffer who helped me keep them from eating an older lady's suitcase. Rooms were quiet and clean. It was a nice place to rest your head in a sometimes scary city.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the ponds in the back of the hotel.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Hi Lori H,

Thank you for staying with us. We are glad you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again the next time you are in St. Louis.

John V

Been to Holiday Inn Express Riverport St. Louis? Share your experiences!