“Good stay for the price.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Riverport St. Louis

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express Riverport St. Louis to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Riverport St. Louis
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   13735 Riverport Drive, Maryland Heights, Saint Louis, MO 63043   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #14 of 16 hotels in Maryland Heights
Jacksonville, Florida
“Good stay for the price.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

After driving 930 miles all I wanted to do was sleep, the receptionist was talking about pizza with another guest while I stood there and waited for 10 min, exhausted. She was polite, and that was the only annoyance that I had with this hotel. I felt very safe in the location, the hotel was nice and the bed was very comfy. I slept like a rock until about 2 am when I could hear the alarm next door going off.... Walls are pretty thin there. Breakfast was warm and very tasty and the price was perfect!

• Stayed October 2013
JohnVC, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Riverport St. Louis, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Dear Hailey R,

Thank you for staying with us. I am sorry you had to wait a few minutes before getting into your room. I am glad you enjoyed the hotel overall and hope you will stay with us again soon!

51 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

I have stayed here a few times, it is pretty nice Holiday Inn Express. The staff is usually very friendly, there is a large breakfast area which is very nice. The rooms are a bit on the roomier side, and they keep it in nice shape for being an older hotel. There is no real restaurants near by except for Dave and Buster's but it is walking distance a few building down the street. This is in an excellent location to the amphitheater, casino and off the highway. The overall rates we have been getting because of this hotel being a preferred hotel of the company we visit makes this even more attractive. When checking out and talking to the front desk, seem that the downstairs and some or all of the rooms are getting a remodel so looking forward to that.

Room Tip: Some people had said that you do not want to have a room facing the highway, I have stayed in those...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Sixdrumin1,

Thank you to you and your company for staying with us! I appreciate the kind words about our staff and our hotel. You are right, we are getting ready for a full renovation starting later this year. We will have all new guest rooms, a new breakfast area, new front desk and much more. We will do this in a way that our guests won't notice much of the construction, so keep coming in to see us!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

We stayed one night as we were passing through St. Louis. It is in a safe location near a Dave and busters which is nice. Our rooms were clean, the staff was kind, the breakfast was nicer than your average continental and it was all around pleasant. Especially for the price! :)

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Jama03,

Thank you for staying with us! We are glad you picked our hotel on your way through town. We hope to see you again next time.

Hay Springs, Nebraska, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

Beautiful area and grounds. We walked two buildings over to supper and felt safe doing so. The elevator doors were quite aggressive about closing but there was a hotel staffer who helped me keep them from eating an older lady's suitcase. Rooms were quiet and clean. It was a nice place to rest your head in a sometimes scary city.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the ponds in the back of the hotel.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Hi Lori H,

Thank you for staying with us. We are glad you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again the next time you are in St. Louis.

Springfield, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

Stay one-nite prior to leaving on vacation - left car and took Hotel shuttle to Lambert.
The hotel provides free shuttle to and from the airport which is great and even better, allows you to leave your car for free also. A GREAT deal.
The front desk staff and driver were great. The driver after picking us up at the airport knowing we were not staying the nite, offered for us to come in freshen up - get a cup of coffee before driving home.
The hotel is very clean - rooms are spacious and the has a large gathering area just off the lobby. Breakfast is a full buffet with plenty of choices.
This hotel is very convenient to many of the places my wife and I visit on the northwest side of St. Louis and very easy to get to from I-70.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear JPD1988,

Thank you for the kind words! We appreciate your business and hope to see you again next time you are flying out of St. Louis.

Fort Leonard Wood, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

There is virtually nothing that is striking about this hotel. After two separate stays, it is basically what I would expect for a HIE in a big city industrial park. The most memorable feature is the breakfast room--large, open, and with lots of windows. The hotel itself shows signs of wear with old fixtures and worn carpet. The walls were a bit thing, but there wasn't any road noise from the nearby highway. The pond out the window was picturesque. The staff wasn't overly friendly or competent, but they weren't awful, either. The location isn't too bad--Dave and Busters is next door and the Verizon Wireless Amphitheater is easy walking distance.

In a word, I would say this hotel was adequate.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Riverport St. Louis, responded to this review, October 5, 2013
Dear Sapperlight,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We are sorry for the shortfalls you have experienced during your stay. Your comments are highly valuable and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. Thank you for staying and we all hope to have an opportunity to serve you again on your next future visit.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Manila, Philippines
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

This is one of the most terrible hotel I have ever stayed in. When I booked the hotel, I called them up to ensure they allow early check in as I was on a business trip. I requested for a a microwave since I being a vegetarian would have had less options to eat with almost no restaurants nearby.
When I arrived, the Check in was not until 4 pm. My reservation was screwed up & Iwas told there is no microwave available since they were out of stock. I requested when could I follow up since I was suposed to stay for a week. Lady at front desk was so rude... Never in my life i have encountered someone so rude & has NO customer service skills. Gives you a blank look when you ask question & shouts when you ask for a manager. When I said I want to cancel my booking & move out in frustration, the answer was "OK". AVOID AT ALL COST!

I decided to move out & luckily found Homewood Suites a block away.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
JohnVC, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Riverport St. Louis, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Dear KapsLoves2Travel,

I am sorry you did not enjoy your stay. We are getting ready to undergo a renovation and we will have microwaves in all rooms after the renovation. We would love to talk to you more about your experience so we can pinpoint exactly what happened and make sure it does not happen again. We would love it if you can call us at 314-298-2400 and ask for the GM, Terri.

Thanks,

John V

Been to Holiday Inn Express Riverport St. Louis? Share your experiences!