“Safe, clean and lovely” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Riverport St. Louis

You added Holiday Inn Express Riverport St. Louis to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Riverport St. Louis
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   13735 Riverport Drive, Maryland Heights, Saint Louis, MO 63043   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #12 of 16 Hotels in Maryland Heights
Hay Springs, Nebraska, United States
“Safe, clean and lovely”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

Beautiful area and grounds. We walked two buildings over to supper and felt safe doing so. The elevator doors were quite aggressive about closing but there was a hotel staffer who helped me keep them from eating an older lady's suitcase. Rooms were quiet and clean. It was a nice place to rest your head in a sometimes scary city.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the ponds in the back of the hotel.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
JohnVC, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Riverport St. Louis, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Hi Lori H,

Thank you for staying with us. We are glad you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again the next time you are in St. Louis.

John V

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Springfield, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

Stay one-nite prior to leaving on vacation - left car and took Hotel shuttle to Lambert.
The hotel provides free shuttle to and from the airport which is great and even better, allows you to leave your car for free also. A GREAT deal.
The front desk staff and driver were great. The driver after picking us up at the airport knowing we were not staying the nite, offered for us to come in freshen up - get a cup of coffee before driving home.
The hotel is very clean - rooms are spacious and the has a large gathering area just off the lobby. Breakfast is a full buffet with plenty of choices.
This hotel is very convenient to many of the places my wife and I visit on the northwest side of St. Louis and very easy to get to from I-70.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear JPD1988,

Thank you for the kind words! We appreciate your business and hope to see you again next time you are flying out of St. Louis.

Fort Leonard Wood, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

There is virtually nothing that is striking about this hotel. After two separate stays, it is basically what I would expect for a HIE in a big city industrial park. The most memorable feature is the breakfast room--large, open, and with lots of windows. The hotel itself shows signs of wear with old fixtures and worn carpet. The walls were a bit thing, but there wasn't any road noise from the nearby highway. The pond out the window was picturesque. The staff wasn't overly friendly or competent, but they weren't awful, either. The location isn't too bad--Dave and Busters is next door and the Verizon Wireless Amphitheater is easy walking distance.

In a word, I would say this hotel was adequate.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Riverport St. Louis, responded to this review, October 5, 2013
Dear Sapperlight,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We are sorry for the shortfalls you have experienced during your stay. Your comments are highly valuable and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. Thank you for staying and we all hope to have an opportunity to serve you again on your next future visit.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Manila, Philippines
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

This is one of the most terrible hotel I have ever stayed in. When I booked the hotel, I called them up to ensure they allow early check in as I was on a business trip. I requested for a a microwave since I being a vegetarian would have had less options to eat with almost no restaurants nearby.
When I arrived, the Check in was not until 4 pm. My reservation was screwed up & Iwas told there is no microwave available since they were out of stock. I requested when could I follow up since I was suposed to stay for a week. Lady at front desk was so rude... Never in my life i have encountered someone so rude & has NO customer service skills. Gives you a blank look when you ask question & shouts when you ask for a manager. When I said I want to cancel my booking & move out in frustration, the answer was "OK". AVOID AT ALL COST!

I decided to move out & luckily found Homewood Suites a block away.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
JohnVC, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Riverport St. Louis, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Dear KapsLoves2Travel,

I am sorry you did not enjoy your stay. We are getting ready to undergo a renovation and we will have microwaves in all rooms after the renovation. We would love to talk to you more about your experience so we can pinpoint exactly what happened and make sure it does not happen again. We would love it if you can call us at 314-298-2400 and ask for the GM, Terri.

Thanks,

Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We hold seminars at this hotel anywhere from 4-8 times a month. The staff is amazing, the maintenance crew always makes sure we have what we need, hospitality staff makes sure we have our water set up, the front desk crew greets our clients and makes sure they know where they are going even while checking in their customers. It's a great team. St. Louis had a major tornado go through in the spring of 2013, it did major damage to the Riverport area. We had a full seminar the next day we were worried we'd have to cancel. The staff was awesome! We pulled off a wonderful seminar less than 12 hours after the storms passed - the hotel didn't even have electricity or phone service - the staff totally stepped up and it was business at usual! We have also stayed many times overnight when we do back to back seminars - one night there was a concert and it was packed, we were worried it would be loud & we wouldn't be able to sleep. We were so surprised to find how quiet it was once we got in our room. The rooms are always clean, bathrooms as well. Their breakfast bar is always kept stocked and has good selections. We would highly recommend this hotel for conferences or personal travel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear Keith JJ H,

Thank you for the kind words! We appreciate your business and look forward to your next meeting at our hotel!

Big Lake, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

I have been around... and it never seems to surprise me that STL hotels are normally the worst big city hotels...this one is no exception.

black carpet because its worn and matted down.
the window shade had so much dust I could taste it when I closed it.
the room smelled of rounch...

Dont waste your money go some place else.

• Stayed August 2013
JohnVC, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Riverport St. Louis, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Dear Sidoo44,

I am sorry your stay wasn't what you hoped. We are getting ready to go under a major renovation which will bring new carpet, furniture, and much more! We hope you will give us another shot next time you are in town so we can try and earn your business back.

Northwest, MO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

We stayed at this hotel because we had previously stayed here when attending a Kid Rock concert a couple of years ago and it worked out great for us. (I posted a review back then also, but I think it was removed for some reason??) This is not the fanciest hotel we have ever stayed at but works very well to stay here when attending concert at Verizon Amphitheater. Shuttle drivers are awesome! Front desk was nice. (However, we booked this stay months ago and my email confirmation said check in time was 3:00 p.m. and sign on wall and front desk stated that check in time was 4:00. They were extremely busy when we were trying to check in at 3:00 and housekeeping was running late due to the fact that their was a concert there the night before also. When we called to see if we could check in early - before 3:00 - we were told that they were overbooked by 6 rooms for that night and I didn't like to hear that they "over book" so I wanted to be absolutely sure we got our room early!) After the concert too many people got on the elevator, smoked the motor, and got stuck on it - glad I was not on it!! When we returned from the concert there were multiple fire trucks at the hotel and both elevators were out of service. Breakfast was good and stay was nice. Will stay here again when Kid Rock comes to town!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Sassyfrommo,

Thanks for staying with us! We did have a large number of people try to get on the elevator at one time which caused some issues with the elevators that night. The elevator company came out as soon as they could to fix the issue. We appreciate your understanding and hope to see you again next time Kid Rock is in town (or maybe another concert!).

Thanks,

John V

Been to Holiday Inn Express Riverport St. Louis? Share your experiences!