“Excellent home made food” 5 of 5 stars

01656 740356
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Kenfig
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Wales
“Excellent home made food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

We regularly eat at The Prince, which is our local. It is the best food in the area.
My favourite is the minted lamb chops. My son always has the steak and ale pie,
Our friends visit from London and they agree, the pie is the best they have ever tasted, anywhere.
It is very popular, so best to book
We are off there tonight.
Francine

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
timmyprince, Owner at The Prince of Wales, Kenfig, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Thank You very much for your very kind review, we are delighted that you enjoyed your visit and that the food and service all were all up to standard.

I hope that you call again in the near future to visit us

One Again

Many Thanks for your review

pussycat42
“Fabulous local venue, great food, ambience and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

We've been to this pub many a time for lunch, evening meals and sunday lunches. Always had great service from all the staff, nothing ever too much trouble for them and the food is always great and plentiful. Wonderful ambience and in the cold weather, the log fires are always lit and kept roaring ensuring warmth to the pub. Great choice of ales as well. Would reccomend this pub to all my friends and family.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
timmyprince, Owner at The Prince of Wales, Kenfig, responded to this review, May 11, 2013
Thank You very much for your very kind review, I am so pleased that you enjoyed your visit once again.
The log fires do give a lovely warm feel to the Pub , and due to our great spring they are still being lit?
Never mind summer is just around the corner.
My staff are always delighted to see a review coming through, especially where they are mentioned.
I hope to see you in the future and thank You very much again for your review

Kenfig Hill, wales
“great value and good food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

this is a real gem of a pub with great food and great hosts,this is a traditional pub with log fires and a point of historic interest for the old village of kenfig,just ask gareth the landlord.

Visited April 2013
timmyprince, Owner at The Prince of Wales, Kenfig, responded to this review, April 19, 2013

I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit, and the Food.

And, hope to see you and your family in the Pub in the near future

Once again many thanks

Regards

Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Good food, rude service.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

Lovely pub in a great setting with a cracking roast dinner at good value. The service, however, was poor. We were made to feel very unwelcome and like we were an inconvenience to the staff (especially the senior staff member). Younger waitresses were lovely.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Andrew, Firstly let me thank you for your honest review, and let me apologise for what I see as a very serious issue.

I always take very seriously any comments about service, and strive to train staff on customer service.
There was an issue with a member of staff on that day which I can tell you has been sorted out.
And again apologise for your experience.
Please drop me an EMail , as I would really like to speak to you

Once again I am very sorry about your experience and I hope you will contact me in the future

Gareth
“Good food, service very poor”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

The food was good, service from staff was terrible, when finished our food wasnt asked if we had finished or if we enjoyed (polite etiquette, no) just collected plates. Stayed for a drink after food and was given the impression we were not welcome, taking up a table.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
timmyprince, Owner at The Prince of Wales, Kenfig, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
I so sorry that you failed to enjoy your visit to the Prince.

I pleased that you enjoyed the food and thought it was good value, I am looking into the service issue as I speak, I hope you will give us another chance as at this moment I really do not know what has gone wrong.

If you do call in to see us again please ask for either myself or Julie my Wife, we would love to speak to you

Many Thanks for your honest review