“Ugh...pass on it!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Liberty/NE Kansas City Area

You added Super 8 Liberty/NE Kansas City Area to your Saves list
Super 8 Liberty/NE Kansas City Area
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   115 N Stewart Rd, I-35 exit 16 (Hwy 152), Liberty, MO 64068-1052   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Liberty
Norwich, Connecticut
“Ugh...pass on it!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

I as in pain from sinus issues, so I had to pull over for the day/night. The hotel is overpriced. The parking lot was small. I had a cat and when I booked online, it did not have me choose pet option so when I was checked in-he was a little rude about the circumstance. I was also charged taxes on the pet fee...in the other hotels that I stayed in, I was not charged taxes on the pet fees. I was put in a pet room, which was average for a pet room (and to be expected). Perhaps the little rudeness stems from him working basically 24 hrs/day-which I understand and give him credit for keeping the business but still...if the website does not give me an option...it does not give me an option.

There were two kids there, they were polite but hounding because I had a puppy that I was transporting and they wanted to play with it. Thankfully I put the sign on the door and after I was in the room, they did not bother me. I think they lived there as the mom went behind the counter. Also when I went to my room, they were knocking on the door across the hall because they wanted to play with their dog. I mentioned to them that the travelers were probably resting, as that is what most travelers do in hotel rooms. They knocked a couple of more times and then left.

I did not feel comfortable getting under the covers in the room, so I slept on the comforter. The ONLY reason why I did not leave sooner was because of the sinus issue. It would not have been safe for me to drive.

I would NOT recommend this hotel. I would tell you to pass on it!!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

I stayed here for 1 night and wasn't very pleased with my overall accomodations. The rates were too high for a weekday night (apprx. $55 w/tax) and the hotel was in desperate need of a complete renovation. You can visibly see this the moment you first step into the lobby. I beilieve that if they were charging $25 per night at this hotel, they would still be over-charging their customers. I have stayed at many Super 8's during my career and this particular hotel has to be ranked near the lowest of any locations within their entire hotel chain. For instance, 1) The carpets are in really rough shape. 2) There were yellow stains on my bed sheets (and comforter). 3) The air conditioner worked ok but was missing the entire top portion of the unit itself (not sure how it was able to operate..but it did thankfully). 4) The mattress was probably manufactured in the 1950's at some point and it truly showed its age. 5) The housekeeper forgot to leave bath towels so I had to request them at the front desk. 6) No hand soap or washcloths were left in the bathroom. 7) The entire collection of furniture in this room wouldn't have the slightest problem qualifying as "antique status". 8) The "secure" door lock on the back door was inoperational. So anyone who wanted to walk right into the hotel without a key card to do so unhindered. 9) The coffee maker was dirty and severely used. The only plus is that the fridge worked great along with the 1980's microwave that rested on top of it. Just for that reason alone, I won't give this hotel a "terrible" ranking. I usually take pictures of the hotels I stay at....But I felt that I just couldn't bring myself to tarnishing their image in such a negative manner. PLEASE renovate your hotel!

Room Tip: The best tip I can offer future travellers about rooms at this location is to simply choose another...