“Never Again” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Liberty/NE Kansas City Area

You added Super 8 Liberty/NE Kansas City Area to your Saves list
Super 8 Liberty/NE Kansas City Area
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   115 N Stewart Rd, I-35 exit 16 (Hwy 152), Liberty, MO 64068-1052   |
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Liberty

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

I stayed here for 1 night and wasn't very pleased with my overall accomodations. The rates were too high for a weekday night (apprx. $55 w/tax) and the hotel was in desperate need of a complete renovation. You can visibly see this the moment you first step into the lobby. I beilieve that if they were charging $25 per night at this hotel, they would still be over-charging their customers. I have stayed at many Super 8's during my career and this particular hotel has to be ranked near the lowest of any locations within their entire hotel chain. For instance, 1) The carpets are in really rough shape. 2) There were yellow stains on my bed sheets (and comforter). 3) The air conditioner worked ok but was missing the entire top portion of the unit itself (not sure how it was able to operate..but it did thankfully). 4) The mattress was probably manufactured in the 1950's at some point and it truly showed its age. 5) The housekeeper forgot to leave bath towels so I had to request them at the front desk. 6) No hand soap or washcloths were left in the bathroom. 7) The entire collection of furniture in this room wouldn't have the slightest problem qualifying as "antique status". 8) The "secure" door lock on the back door was inoperational. So anyone who wanted to walk right into the hotel without a key card to do so unhindered. 9) The coffee maker was dirty and severely used. The only plus is that the fridge worked great along with the 1980's microwave that rested on top of it. Just for that reason alone, I won't give this hotel a "terrible" ranking. I usually take pictures of the hotels I stay at....But I felt that I just couldn't bring myself to tarnishing their image in such a negative manner. PLEASE renovate your hotel!

Room Tip: The best tip I can offer future travellers about rooms at this location is to simply choose another...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here while traveling with a newborn. At first glance, the room looks clean but it needs a good scrub down. I layed my baby on the bed while I unpacked my truck after unpacking and going to bed, she woke up with pink eye... Front staff did their job of checking us in, no friendly or bad attitudes, they were just there it seemed. Location seemed a little scary.. But there was a gas station I could walk to for snacks and drinks. Overall.. We slept ok.. I dont know about the blankets being clean since we left there with pink eye.

• Stayed October 2012
Austin, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

Ugh. Yuck. I do not recommend this place. Just not worth it. And it's not like I had high expectations to start with - I'm always on a budget and am used to cheap motels.

The issues:
-Smelly. I was happy to be offered a nonsmoking room, but it still stunk. I turned the AC off and risked sleeping with the window open (at least the screen wasn't ripped) to try and get some fresh air.
-Furniture. Like I said, I wasn't expecting luxury or high fashion, but I was expecting maybe to be able to move about the room. The furniture was randomly shoved in and didn't even fit right; it's like they got some other hotel's discarded garbage. So you have to kind of squeeze around things.
-Dirt. The desk chair was SO STAINED (white splotches all over) AND SO DIRTY (crumbs, hair) that I used the folding luggage rack to sit on instead. If this chair had been free on Craigslist or sitting on the curb I would not have taken it. That bad. When I turned the comforter back there were visible stains on its underside; I don't know if the sheets were clean or not, but I did sleep on them (old, lumpy, flat pillows and all). Everything smelled and felt stale and humid and I basically tried to avoid touching anything. By then these two things had already made me decide not to shower or use the towels.
-Broken stuff. The toilet lid FELL OFF when I tried to shut it. The (stained) lamps by the bed would not turn on, and when I poked around to make sure they were plugged in, I saw why: THE CORD ENDED IN A SHREDDED MESS - no plug at all. Ah, that's why.
-Breakfast: The bfast room is down in the basement level in a tiny and unventilated room. I stuck my head down in there thinking to try and grab, like, a banana and a cup of coffee on my way out. It was so sad and unappetizing and half-hearted that I just left. I didn't even spot the coffee but I probably left too quickly to see if it was there or not.

The pros:
-The only reason I wasn't just sleeping in my car was due to safety concerns on the road, and at very least, I can say that this area and the hotel in general felt safe for a woman traveling alone.
-Front desk guy was nice. It was the middle of the night and he was helpful and normal and not creepy.
-It was quiet on a Wednesday night/morning.

What really pissed me off was that this place still cost $64 after tax. WAY too expensive for a pile of junk with lights that don't work and pieces that fall off and dirty furniture randomly jigsawed into the room. Maybe I'd have been okay with it if it was $20 or $30 cheaper. Terrible, terrible value and absolutely not worth the trouble and grossness of being there. No discount offered for late-night booking (I arrived w/o a reservation after 1:30 am - some places will cut you a break for a shortened stay and for the last-minute business). No doubt about it, I'd absolutely choose to sleep in my car rather than pay for this in the future.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Been to Super 8 Liberty/NE Kansas City Area? Share your experiences!