“Don't let the appearance fool ya” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #18 of 71 restaurants in Liberty
Kansas City, Missouri
“Don't let the appearance fool ya”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

I was a little worried when I pulled up but was pleasantly surprised at the quality of food. Very good. Wish there was outdoor seating though.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

88% Recommend
“The food is better than the atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I like coming here and wish they were open more often in the evenings. The soups are always delicious and my personal favorite. I do wish they would spruce up the seating, though. It would do wonders for the atmosphere.

Liberty, Missouri
“Mmm, good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

Yes, it's a little shop in an old building. But, they've got great sandwiches, wonderful bread; and my Italian wife loves their meatballs.

Visited September 2012
Kansas City, Missouri
“A hidden gem - excellent deli sandwiches!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

My family and I (husband and two boys, ages 16 & 14) visited Sorella's with a Groupon last week, and we realized we hadn't known what we were missing!

Decorated almost like a quaint, old Italian cafe (having been to Italy, I can say that), the simple display counter boasted quality, Boar's Head meats and a variety of fresh breads and cheeses. The hand-painted menu showed the wide variety of meal-size sandwiches (both by the whole- and half-sandwich) available - but also conveyed that they were happy to make to order.

I ordered one of the recommended sandwiches, a Rueben, and since we all tasted it, I can confidently say it was the best sandwich we ordered. Warm, crisp bread, flavorful bites of corned beef and sauerkraut with a savory sauce, it was arguably the best Rueben I've ever had.

My sons and husband ordered different sandwiches, but all agreed they were flavorful and definitely worth a return visit.

Each sandwich ordered comes with chips. Drinks are sold separately.

Just one block off of the Historic Liberty Square, Sorella's is definitely a hometown deli not to be missed!

• Visited May 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Great sandwiched”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012 via mobile

Sandwiches great, not much atmosphere. They cater to the working crowd at lunch.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere