“Nice pool area for the kids, but forget about sleeping!” 3 of 5 stars

Sleep Inn & Suites and Indoor Water Park
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1840 N. Church Rd, Liberty, MO 64068   |
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Liberty
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Nice pool area for the kids, but forget about sleeping!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

Stayed 3 nights. Had extremely noisy neighbors in adjoining room that were up until 2am. Called front desk several times. They would come up, but the quiet never lasted long.

Besides noisy neighbors, the noise from passing interstate traffic was louder than what I usually experience. It seemed like the building was just not constructed well.

The pool area was quite nice, especially for the younger kids. Hotel was clean. Rooms were adequate. Breakfast was the usual "free" hotel breakast.

The kids enjoyed the stay. I would have enjoyed it more if I had gotten some sleep!

• Stayed December 2012

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Moberly, MO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

When the biggest complaint is the size of the pillows, it's a great stay. This hotel was clean with a very friendly staff. The room was is great condition and the beds comfortable to sleep in. The waterpark area was perfect for our children. The breakfast was well stocked and a clean area.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

Driving from northern minnesota and saw the ad on a billboard. $69 with free Internet and breakfast--exactly what we were looking for. We stopped and checked in. The person behind the desk was very nice and the lobby/breakfast area was nice and clean. We got a room with a king size bed and the room was very nice. I couldn't wait to get on the internet to check email, facebook etc. Unfortunately, the internet was almost non-existent and wouldn't load anything fully. I am writing this review using my phone and a 4G network. If the get the internet fixed, it would be a great value. If you don't need it, then all is well. By the way, tou have to ask for the billboard rate otherwise they charge $81.

• Stayed November 2012
LibertyLagoon, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites and Indoor Water Park, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Thank you for choosing Sleep Inn & Suites in Liberty, MO.
I am sorry about your internet experience and I have contacted our internet service company to investigate how our service performed so poorly over the time period you stayed and to propose a solution so that it does not happen again.
I work with MTS based in St. Louis area and they are certified by the manufactures of equipments to install and service. The service company told me that one of the two isp's, AT&T business dsl, that we use was not providing reliable service and caused problems.
I expect a reliable internet service when I am on the road and I expect the same for my customers. I am determined to provide the best internet service that is possible at my location.
I expect a solution implemented soon.
Please contact me so that I can make things right.
I really appreciate your comments.

Trey Wilkins, GM
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here on our way home from the USABMX Grand National. I was surprised that the parking lot was so empty for such a nice hotel. The guy working the front desk was very polite. The room was very clean and really quite. The bed was comfortable but the comforter was noisy. Not really a big deal but thought I would mention. We checked in late in the evening so we didn't get a chance to do much. We will stay here again next year on our way home.

Omaha, Nebraska
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Our group including 6 teens had 3 rooms for the night. The rooms were very nice and modern but too small to use our roll away beds. We tried several options both in our king suite and double queens. If we used the sofa bed in the king you couldn't use the roll away and it blocked the door if you tried to use it in the double queen,so don't waste your money on one(we ended up leaving them in the hall so we could walk in the rooms.
Pros; Clean and well decortated rooms with very comfortable beds. The rooms were quite even though there were many kids in the hotel.
The breakfast had hot and cold choices and they kept it well stocked and clean.
The staff was friendly and professional.
Cons: The rooms are on the small side. The pool area is for small children 10 and under. With the kiddy pool decor and kiddy amenities our teens felt too awkward sharing it with so many little tykes. A couple of them went early in the morning and soaked in the hot tub for a few minutes before being bombarded by the tiny tykes.
There was no 'older or adult area' which we must have misunderstood when booking.
The price is good if you have little ones to use the kiddy waterpark. Otherwise a little higher than some in the area.
I would endorse this hotel for famililies with small children. If you have teens they would prefer a hotel with a regular pool instead.

Room Tip: Second floor would be quieter.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Kansas City, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

My wife and I stayed for 4 days at the Sleep Inn and Suites in October 2012 and had a very pleasant stay overall.

Pros:
- Staff was very friendly, room cleaning was excellent, and we didn't have any problem with the noise from kids mentioned in some of the other reviews (even though we saw many children).
- Location location location! Literally 5min from great restaurants and shopping (all your big stores). We recommend the Corner Cafe for breakfast. We usually eat somewhere different every day when we travel, but the Corner Cafe was so tasty, reasonably priced, and just home-style enjoyable that we went back every morning.

Neutrals.
- Internet was free and fine, though not as fast as many other hotels. According to the speedtest website, speeds averaged 0.7Mbps.
- The wall units in the room are heat or cool only, not both. We found it a bit difficult to find a temperature we were happy with and had to keep changing the temperature back and forth to get comfortable. I'm not sure this would be an issue if it was hot outside (leave it on cool mode all the time) or super cold (leave it on heat mode), but in the fall where temps aren't hot or cold, it poses a bit of a problem.

Cons.
- In the morning, the dining area was exceptionally busy during the weekend and the open tables were filthy with syrup and food. Though the meal is normal fare (waffles, eggs, pastries) for hotels like this, I would love to see the hotel become more responsive to wipe down tables as guests finish and leave the area.

Room Tip: Specify that you want a room with a bathtub if you want a bath or you may not get one.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Trenton, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012 via mobile

Rooms were very clean and spacious bathroom was great pool was awesome. Check in was easy and employee was very friendly gave us a 10% discount on weekend night which I thought was great. Wifi was good in rooms.

• Stayed November 2012

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites and Indoor Water Park? Share your experiences!