“Don't stop if Internet is important” 4 of 5 stars

You added Sleep Inn & Suites and Indoor Water Park to your Saves list
Sleep Inn & Suites and Indoor Water Park
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1840 N. Church Rd, Liberty, MO 64068   |
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Liberty
“Don't stop if Internet is important”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012 via mobile

Driving from northern minnesota and saw the ad on a billboard. $69 with free Internet and breakfast--exactly what we were looking for. We stopped and checked in. The person behind the desk was very nice and the lobby/breakfast area was nice and clean. We got a room with a king size bed and the room was very nice. I couldn't wait to get on the internet to check email, facebook etc. Unfortunately, the internet was almost non-existent and wouldn't load anything fully. I am writing this review using my phone and a 4G network. If the get the internet fixed, it would be a great value. If you don't need it, then all is well. By the way, tou have to ask for the billboard rate otherwise they charge $81.

• Stayed November 2012
LibertyLagoon, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites and Indoor Water Park, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Thank you for choosing Sleep Inn & Suites in Liberty, MO.
I am sorry about your internet experience and I have contacted our internet service company to investigate how our service performed so poorly over the time period you stayed and to propose a solution so that it does not happen again.
I work with MTS based in St. Louis area and they are certified by the manufactures of equipments to install and service. The service company told me that one of the two isp's, AT&T business dsl, that we use was not providing reliable service and caused problems.
I expect a reliable internet service when I am on the road and I expect the same for my customers. I am determined to provide the best internet service that is possible at my location.
I expect a solution implemented soon.
Please contact me so that I can make things right.
I really appreciate your comments.

Trey Wilkins, GM

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here on our way home from the USABMX Grand National. I was surprised that the parking lot was so empty for such a nice hotel. The guy working the front desk was very polite. The room was very clean and really quite. The bed was comfortable but the comforter was noisy. Not really a big deal but thought I would mention. We checked in late in the evening so we didn't get a chance to do much. We will stay here again next year on our way home.

Omaha, Nebraska
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Our group including 6 teens had 3 rooms for the night. The rooms were very nice and modern but too small to use our roll away beds. We tried several options both in our king suite and double queens. If we used the sofa bed in the king you couldn't use the roll away and it blocked the door if you tried to use it in the double queen,so don't waste your money on one(we ended up leaving them in the hall so we could walk in the rooms.
Pros; Clean and well decortated rooms with very comfortable beds. The rooms were quite even though there were many kids in the hotel.
The breakfast had hot and cold choices and they kept it well stocked and clean.
The staff was friendly and professional.
Cons: The rooms are on the small side. The pool area is for small children 10 and under. With the kiddy pool decor and kiddy amenities our teens felt too awkward sharing it with so many little tykes. A couple of them went early in the morning and soaked in the hot tub for a few minutes before being bombarded by the tiny tykes.
There was no 'older or adult area' which we must have misunderstood when booking.
The price is good if you have little ones to use the kiddy waterpark. Otherwise a little higher than some in the area.
I would endorse this hotel for famililies with small children. If you have teens they would prefer a hotel with a regular pool instead.

Room Tip: Second floor would be quieter.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Kansas City, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

My wife and I stayed for 4 days at the Sleep Inn and Suites in October 2012 and had a very pleasant stay overall.

Pros:
- Staff was very friendly, room cleaning was excellent, and we didn't have any problem with the noise from kids mentioned in some of the other reviews (even though we saw many children).
- Location location location! Literally 5min from great restaurants and shopping (all your big stores). We recommend the Corner Cafe for breakfast. We usually eat somewhere different every day when we travel, but the Corner Cafe was so tasty, reasonably priced, and just home-style enjoyable that we went back every morning.

Neutrals.
- Internet was free and fine, though not as fast as many other hotels. According to the speedtest website, speeds averaged 0.7Mbps.
- The wall units in the room are heat or cool only, not both. We found it a bit difficult to find a temperature we were happy with and had to keep changing the temperature back and forth to get comfortable. I'm not sure this would be an issue if it was hot outside (leave it on cool mode all the time) or super cold (leave it on heat mode), but in the fall where temps aren't hot or cold, it poses a bit of a problem.

Cons.
- In the morning, the dining area was exceptionally busy during the weekend and the open tables were filthy with syrup and food. Though the meal is normal fare (waffles, eggs, pastries) for hotels like this, I would love to see the hotel become more responsive to wipe down tables as guests finish and leave the area.

Room Tip: Specify that you want a room with a bathtub if you want a bath or you may not get one.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Trenton, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012 via mobile

Rooms were very clean and spacious bathroom was great pool was awesome. Check in was easy and employee was very friendly gave us a 10% discount on weekend night which I thought was great. Wifi was good in rooms.

Cottage Grove, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

Stayed at the Sleep Inn on our way back from a New Mexico road trip. Newer hotel with a small water park attached. Priced right and our son enjoyed using the water slide and pool. The hotel was clean and even though we were on the main level facing the freeway the room was fairly quiet. The only negative thing was the mattress. Lumpy (Econo style) mattresses. We've stayed in a lot of hotels and this seems to be a theme - with exception of Holiday Inn Express (although they are way over priced). Overall, we would stay there again. Great value!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
LibertyLagoon, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites and Indoor Water Park, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Thank you for selecting Sleep Inn & Suites Liberty and I am glad that your son enjoyed our water park. However, I am very concerned about your experience with the mattress. The hotel is barely over a year and the pillow top mattress should not have been lumpy. In fact, I get many of my customers wanting to know where they can purchase the mattresses because they had a great sleep. Please contact me at 816-335-4402 so that I can locate the mattress and fix the problem. I really appreciate your business and hope to see your family again soon.
Thank you.
Trey, GM
Des Moines, Iowa, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

I have to say wow.............

Prior to my arrival to this hotel, I received a phone call from Kim from the hotel checking to make sure they had me in the right room. Kim took the time to look at the special request within the reservation and seen that I had requested a room with a tub and they had me in walkin shower only room. With this being caught up front, this made my check in process very efficient.

Breakfast was good as always along with the gal that works the area as it seems she is there every time we are staying at this hotel - She always is on top of everything, food filled, tables cleaned and room in good order - the only thing I wish they would do is change up the menu, as it seems all choice hotels carry the same breakfast and for frequent travelers it would help if this was changed up from day to day.

We did run into an issue with the pool as I have a daughter in which swim attire includes board shorts and a rash guard shirt as her swim attire (coast guard approved). She was looking very forward to slide down the slide at the water park and she was told NO shirts allowed. At this point I went to the friend desk to talk with the hotel staff, and I had to explain the situation to the night gal three times and she said she would handle the situation after she delivers some blankets and pillows and another errands (I was appalled) We waited it out with my 7 year old wanting to go change clothes, but I know I was right in this situation as she was not wearing a normal shirt but a dedicated swim shirt (rash guard). After the staff member finished running around the hotel she said there must have been a misunderstanding and she is fine and she walked my daughter up the slide to the pool staff to explain the situation and at that time my daughter was allowed to go down the slide.

I have stayed at this hotel since they have opened and enjoyed every stay, but now it seems the hotel is showing quite a bit of wear and tear within the hotel and needs some TLC soon to keep this hotel up to the high standards it has been. (Now open banner still on building, furniture needs touched up, rooms need to be re-painted) - I would still stay at this location, but again just needs some TLC

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
LibertyLagoon, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites and Indoor Water Park, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Thank you for your comments and continued support.

As you have noted, I found some rooms needs painting, especially, rooms with double queen beds as they are frequented by families with small children. So I started maintenance schedule including painting all rooms and hallways from September 13, 2012.

Concerning breakfast variety, some items are required but I am always looking for other items to add or to replace. So, please let me know if you have any particular item that you would like us to offer on our hot breakfast bar. We will try to accommodate the items if all possible.

The swimwear requirement for the 3 story water slide is meant to protect the riders as some garments can create unexpected drag and may cause unsafe situation during the ride. We are finding it difficult for the waterslide attendants to distinguish between garments that can be worn on the waterslide or not. So we follow the waterslide manufacture's requirements. I apologize that my front desk person did not respond to your question in a prompt manner.

Once again, thank you for your comments and continued support.

If you have any concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me at your convenience.
Trey Wilkins, GM

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites and Indoor Water Park? Share your experiences!