“Wish I had checked this first!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Americas Best Value Inn

You added Americas Best Value Inn to your Saves list
Americas Best Value Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1020 SE Blue Parkway, Lee's Summit, MO 64063 (Formerly Lee's Summit Inn & Suites)   |
Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Lee's Summit
Rea MO
“Wish I had checked this first!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

We stayed here Aug 10, lady at front desk was very nice. Room was so-so but bed was good so we thought it was OK. Left for the evening to go to a wedding, came back to the air conditioner not working. We turned it back on and it smelled hot, like burning wires. Called the front desk & they said maintenance guy was gone for the evening and did we want to move to another room. Of course, they didn't have any more smoking rooms so I said we'll just open the window. Went to take a bath in the jet tub and the shower wouldn't shut off therefore, there was no pressure for the tub, took 20 min to fill. And there was no toilet tissue holder, no hair dryer and no coffee pot as advertised. When we left the next morning, I told the front desk person our problems, her answer was I'm so sorry.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
St. Louis, MO
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Was a bit worried after reading the past reviews but we really did not have a good second choice so we gambled. The lady at the front desk was very nice and allowed us to see the room before we booked it. The hotel is very outdated and is supposed to be going through a renovation. Our room was suppose to be one of the better ones but after not finding anywhere to hang up clothes, (no clostet, or hooks) we laid the clothes on the dresser. Room did have a newer TV with a frig and microwave which was nice to see. The RED paint on the walls was an intresting color, but it looked like it was applied by a mop. The worst part was the bed. Please, burn the mattress and pillows today! How can anyone have such a horrible bed at their property, really amazing . The area is in a good location and was easy to find. I am sure at one time this might have been a nicer place to stay, but if you have any others options, please take it.

Room Tip: If you have to stay there, insist on a newer room and cross your fingers.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Mesquite, Nevada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

This was one of the worst motels I have ever stayed in for a very long time. The first room they put me i was #104 which was very poor. There was rust and mold around the shower door and the apparently had tried to putty around te shower door and tehen did not bother to repaint the putty. I hhave taken several pictures of this room. The heating unit was so hard to adjust (turning the knob) that I had to have the front desk come and help me adjust the temp. They apparently tried to patch the walls but used a different color paint afterwards which made the wall look bad. I tried to call the Hotels.com rep (I reserved the room through them) to see about canceling the remaining 9 days of my stay so I could move to a better motel and was told that they could not quarantee that I could get my money back for those remaining days even though the room was so inferior. They said I would have to take my chances. Because I could not afford to pay for two room for the 9 days I had to stay and so requested another room. I was moved that night to room 200 (they did not help me to move my belongings) and it was just slightly better. There was still rust and mold all around the shower door, which would not close properly, When I got up to shower on the third day at 8:30 there was absolutely no hot water. When I called down to find out the problem they said that the owner's family was in town for a funeral and they had used all the hot water (I had to wash up with totally cold water). For the remainder of my stay every day there was only 5-6 minutes of hot water in the shower before it began to run cold. All complaints about the all of these problems landed on deaf ears. Avoid this motel if you want a decent room without rust, mold and a shortage of hot water.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Lee's Summit, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

Lowest price in Lee's Summit. I have to switch rooms because the TV did not work. Second room was not clean. My wife was not comfortable letting out toddler crawl on the floor with out putting something down first. Free Wifi was so slow I could not use it. I did not stay to find out if the free breakfast was any good.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Miami, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

Where do I start. This hotel was so horrible. I couldn't sleep good because I was sacred something was going to fall or crawl on me. I had two rooms for two nights and both had the same issues. The paint was different colors,no bathtub and the repair jobs were very noticeable and bad. Near the elevator the carpet was missing and you can see the floor nails left behind. Can you say safety hazard. Whoever thought that this hotel should be listed as a 3 star hotel should have to pay. The only reason why I stayed is because the rooms had already been paid for. If I had the extra money I just would have left after the first night. The only good thing I can say about this place is that the staff was nice. But other than that I was glad to see it in my rear view mirror after my stay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Union, Missouri, USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

I must first say I would stay again if I would be in this area. There were no "flagrant" problems as far as I was concerned, but there were several small ones.

The price was excellent. For being 10 miles away from KC, the price is about 30-40% less than most of the hotels. The location itself was good, not too far from a couple highways, a few good resturants and plenty of fast food within two miles, and I understand there's a shopping center close by as well. The area "felt" safe as well. I had no problems with my car being out in the parking lot.

The staff was friendly and fast. I've seen reviews that complained about them on other sites (and possibly this one, cant remember) but I had no problems with them.

My room left a little to be desired. It was very clean, very spacious (they gave me a handicapped room for some reason). It had a jacuzzi tub which was a nice touch. However, there was lots of poorly painted spots, numerous "bad" repair jobs, water damage on the ceiling in several spots. The desk appeared to be a home made carpentry project that the left side of looked like it was
nearly ready to fall apart when i would so much as put my wallet and keys on it. There were plenty of channels of cable to watch however, I had the smallest old style TV I've seen in years. My room was missing an iron, but the staff was quick to find one for me once I let them know.

The free wifi was decent. It suffered slow-downs in the evening, but during the day was very fast.

My only other real "complaints" are that the ice machine on my floor (2nd) was broken, and by the looks of the sign, had been for some time. The pool also has been "under renovation" for quite some time now. While I understand that things need maintenance/upgrade from time to time, I travel with my Wife and Kids sometimes, and checking into a hotel with a pool under renovation (without being told ahead of time) is often a deal breaker.

Room Tip: Second floor ice machine was broken.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Ozark, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2011

Our arrival to the hotel started with being ignored by the front desk clerk while he sat on the internet for 3 minutes until I banged on the counter to get his attention. After check in he let me struggle with a toddler and infant while getting the luggage carrier cart through the doors, the very least he should have done was hold the door in my opinion. The room description said there was a microwave and fridge, however I had to drag the stand across the room to be able to plug it in, as it was off and unplugged. The hotel also has an indoor pool on their site (It is closed due to moldy water) and said there is free wifi in the rooms... the connection was so poor I had to sit in the lobby to use it. The room itself was in poor condition as well, it smelled old and faintly of mold or decay, and even though it was a non-smoking room, it reeked of smoke and the room filled with smoke from neighbors smoking through the night several times. The fitted sheets and comforters on the bed were obviously used and they had remade the bed with them, when I told the front desk attendant of this, he just handed me new sheets, while he was on a personal phone call that he didn't bother to pause. The showerhead was so disgusting I felt I'd be cleaner by NOT showering! (See picture!) We rented for two nights in advance and they wouldn't refund our second night, the $50 loss and money we'll be out for a new hotel is not enough to get me to stay one more night at this hotel! PLEASE AVOID AT ALL COSTS!

Room Tip: To chose a good room, stay anywhere besides this hotel!
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
leessummitabvi, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, November 30, 2011
Ashley I am so sorry to hear about the problems you had while staying with us. Our front desk clerks have all been recently informed on what is to be expected from them as for customer service and that the behavior displayed to you will not be accepted. Also we have been working closer with housekeeping and maintenance to be sure any rooms that have a problem the issue is resolved immediately. The indoor pool is closed for renovations as we are also updating that rest of our building at this time as well. I apologize again for any inconveniences this has caused you hope that you will give us another chance in the future.

Been to Americas Best Value Inn? Share your experiences!