“What's Happened To Houlihan's?” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night
Midwest
“What's Happened To Houlihan's?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

My wife and I have always enjoyed Houlihan's...we found the meals to be priced appropriately, the drinks to be good, and service top-notch. However, in our last two visits, we have been sorely disappointed and I believe what was once one of our favorite places will be no more.

Recently, Houlihan's has "re-designed" their menu, taking off several different meals, removing the small plates portion and adding "health" conscious choices. I understand that they may be trying to appeal to a specific demographic or trying to get ahead of the curve regarding federal-government initiatives (posting total calories). Further, with the advent of the "new" meals, the prices have also been increased and the portion sizes have been reduced.

Also, the last two visits have had spotty service: quick to get your drinks and order, never to return throughout the meal. Plus, each time the server has failed to mention their name or offer any additional input. I know, a small thing, but when you are expecting to receive positive service based on past experiences, you notice.

Anyways, with the growth of Lee's Summit and the surrounding area, other restaurant choices are available, and sadly, Houlihan's may not be in the mix any longer. Too bad.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Natalie B, Owner at Houlihan's, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
We wanted to reach out and apologize for your recent disappointing experiences! We strive for each and every visit to be a great one and we hate to hear that we are missing the mark. I would love to pass your contact information along to our Management Team in an effort to try and make things right. Feel free to email me at fscott@houlihans.com.

Faryle
Houlihan's Marketing

Lees Summit, Mo
“Great place for happy hour”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

Good food but the prices are a little high for what you get. The happy hour has a few good things on it and on Tuesday is half price wine bottle night!

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Lee's Summit, Missouri
“Another close to home”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

Stopped in for supper during the week. I had a chicken wrap and my wife had the chicken tender meal. Both were good and we each took half our food home. The beer was good and cold. Our waiter did an good job overall. I say overall because he also seated us. That meant we got seated in his area. That is where I started feeling like I was in an old folks restaurant. Made me feel out of place not being dressed at least business casual. I think we would have done better closer to the bar area or not. Food was good, beer was good and cold, price was right, service overall good, atmosphere just did nothing for me. I know I am vintage, it just made me feel more so. Just wanted to eat and hit the bricks.

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Kansas City, Missouri
“nice dinner and many drink options”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

Houlihan's is a nice place to go and have some thing to eat and drink. Their cocktails are wonderful and I really like their "little" plate options. Good place for after work drinks with co workers or friends.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Peculiar, Missouri
“Saturday lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Through the Houlihan's FoodyCall text, both my husband and myself received a 15% off total bill coupon...if you're not a current customer of these look into them! Food was excellent as always, both store managers came and checked on us. The Spinach Dip with Lovash appetizer is one of our favorites. Houlihan's Happy Hour and Happier Hour are both worth going back for as well.

• Visited July 2013