“Hawaiin Hit Fest Softball Tournament” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn Lees Summit

You added Comfort Inn Lees Summit to your Saves list
Comfort Inn Lees Summit
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   963 Southeast Oldham Parkway, Lee's Summit, MO 64081 (Formerly Super 8 Lees Summit)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Lee's Summit
“Hawaiin Hit Fest Softball Tournament”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

We only stayed one night which was good because I might not have got much sleep had we stayed more. Hotel was nice and clean and the breakfast was good but very busy so not much room for families to sit. We did not get to the hotel unitl after the games Friday night so we were finding it in the dark and did not realize we were right by the highway. As long as the air conditioner was running you did not hear the outside noises but when it shut off you could hear all the highway traffic and noise.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper you may not want to stay in a room on the back side of the hotel next to...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Couples
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Kansas City, Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

We had a two room suite which was perfect for us. The staff on the other hand, left much to be desired. The gentleman checking me in had no clue what he was doing and the manager on duty didn't seem to have the time to help him. When he did come to help, he scolded the man for not knowing what to do. I felt very uncomfortable. The woman checking me out said she would have to email me my receipt. I had to call to finally receive this. The manager on the phone, who is very hard to understand because of his broken english, was rude, never apologized for the fact that he "got too busy to take care of it" and that I had to call back. He actually laughed at me on the phone. I asked him what was funny and he tried to explain audit to me. I saw no humor in the situation.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

It looks great on first impression, but small things add up. None of the handles in the tub/shower are attached to the wall. There was a leak from the jacuzzi tub that was a permanent wet spot in the room we had. The breakfast was included but not like the other hotel we are used to. We stayed two nights and had three different rooms with family members. The suite room was very nice but the pull out couch had no sheets in the room. We had to go to the front desk for the bedding. It was pretty clean and the staff was mostly nice. One gal in the evening seemed to ignore you unless you specifically asked her a question. Very average!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Alton, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

There's a very spacious feel to everything here. Both walking into my room for the first time and entering the stairwell I felt taken back a bit with larger areas than I had been expecting.
I found my room to be clean and comfortable which is all I really needed.
There's a back door I was able to park next to and that was right by the elevator as well making it easy to get all of my stuff in. I found all the staff I interacted with to be very friendly and accommodating.
If I'm ever back in the area I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
St. Louis
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

The problem with this hotel is not the room. We found the room recently remodeled and comfortable. The problem with this property is the owner and his staff. Upon check in, I was informed that I couldn't receive my Choice Privilege rate, even though I had pre-booked online. When I questioned the employee working, she told me I'd have to speak with the owner who would be in the following morning. I did just that, or rather I attempted to do so. The owner speaks very broken english, and when I asked him to speak more slowly so I could understand him, he got angry and began yelling at me. He told me in no uncertain terms, that this is HIS hotel, HE makes the decisions, and HE said I could not have my Choice Privilege discount because he had a line of people waiting to rent that room because it was a busy weekend, and that if I didn't want the room at the rate he gave me ($14 more per night than more Choice discount), I could go stay elsewhere. We were in town for a baseball tournament, and our entire team was staying at this property or else I would have left on the spot. I walked away feeling like a scolded child, rather than someone who was paying this person money to stay here.

The following morning, we woke and went down for breakfast at 9:15am. We got down there, and there was no food. I asked the person working, and she told me breakfast ended at 9am. When we checked in, we were told it was from 6am-10am. Here I am standing with 3 hungry kids, and no hot breakfast. The owner's wife was in the dining area feeding her son, and overheard me talking to the girl working there. She proceeded to tell me that breakfast has always been 6am-9am. I told her that I was told differently when I checked in, she said, no, that is not true. Needless to say, she let us have some toast and cereal. She said we could have a yogurt if we liked.

We arrived back home, and the following day, I got a phone call from the owner, Mr. Patel, telling me the maid reported that there were 2 pillows missing from my room, and I would be charged for them. I told him we did not take any pillows! He just kept saying they were missing and it was my responsibility. I got angry and repeated to him that I did NOT take the pillows, and he best not even try charging me for them. The call ended with him telling me he would check into it further. I know I had better not be getting any charges on my credit card for these "missing" pillows he accused me of thieving. I had read a previous reviewer stated she had a similar situation as well.

Bottom line, this place is run like a joke. If you don't want to be accused of being a thief, overpay for your room, and have no breakfast, stay elsewhere!!! It really is quite a shame too, as the room and rest of the hotel was decent.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

We were there over the Memorial Day weekend 2014. Our room was a king with a roll away. We made the reservation late, they were out of two queen rooms and offered a roll away at no charge. They were true to their word. The room was just fine, quite large in fact. Plenty of room for the roll away. They weren't overly generous with towels and such (just enough for two!), but then being a linen hog isn't great for the environment anyway.

Breakfast was just fine for hotel breakfasts. They had eggs, sausage, waffle maker, some fruit, yogurt, hard boiled eggs, variety of breads, oatmeal, hot chocolate, coffee and tea, and more. Really an extensive variety if you open your eyes and look around. They never ran out of coffee! Yahoo! (Note to management: Add peanut butter! PB & J on toast rocks for breakfast).

The pool looked OK -- rather small. Same with exercise room, just a few (3?) machines.

There always seemed to be someone at the desk, even at night.

I thought the hotel was quiet. We pretty much only heard usual plumbing noises. There were several girls softball teams also staying at the hotel -- so they were either unbelievably well-behaved or the rooms are pretty good at shielding noise.

We have family in the area, that downsized to a super-small house in downtown Lee Summit. (Good Golly, my first apartment was bigger!)

We will definitely stay there again! And if there is peanut butter at breakfast, it will be a perfect place to roost at the end of a hot, crowded day visiting family.

Room Tip: Pick a top floor corner room. Yes, you have to walk, but less neighbors to bother you!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Charleston, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

Yes, the Comfort Inn is very Clean and Comfortable and Reasonably Priced. I just visited Lees Summit again on business (Love Lees Summit!) and I stayed at the Comfort Inn for two nights. I really enjoy the neighborhood because of the restaurants and the vibe. The Comfort inn is right in the middle of some of the best restaurants and entertainment.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Inn Lees Summit? Share your experiences!