“Could have been better.....” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Lee's Summit
Moreno Valley, California
“Could have been better.....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2009

Fairly nice, new place but I will check out locations on Google maps from now on and stay away from the places along freeways !!! Or at least insist on a room away from the freeway if you stay here. Other than that, it was a very nice place to stay. Indoor pool, small gym and comfortable beds made up for the road noise. Usual amenities for a middle priced place.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Kansas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2009

We get there and the front lobby looks nice, but the clerk spoke English like a 2 year old.

We get to our room and the door is hanging open. I step in and realize why. It smells like someone mixed Lysol with an ashtray full of ashes and butts and dumped it in the room. I got to the front counter and mentioned that we reserved a NON-Smoking room. "Ah. Sorry. full. No room trade."

So, I am pissed and debating looking for another place to stay, my wife says it will be fine.

Our room... first thing I notice is that one of the pillows has a cigarette burn in it. The walls are scuffed and dented all over the place. The door handle to the closet was ripped off, so the door wont stay shut. Makes it easier to open I guess.

All this in the first 10 minutes. I can't imagine how much worse it can get. BUT, I have stayed in a worse motel once. Interestingly enough, it was a Comfort Inn as well.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
Jackson, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2008

The desk clerk and the manager were very hospitable. I had made a mistake in the booking, actually went to another hotel the night before (terrible experience) and the hotel contacted me when we didn't show up. They were very understanding and didn't even charge us for the three suites we booked for that first night...this is unreal!

Our suites were beautiful, the beds very comfortable and our experience was one we won't forget. You bet that anytime I am in Lee's Summit, which is fairly often, I'll be staying at this hotel.

The breakfast was excellent!

• Liked — The wonderful hospitality and the comfortable beds.
  • Disliked — Nothing to dislike.
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
West Palm Beach, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2008

Maybe it was the feeling that we distracted the night clerk from his internet experience. Maybe it was that the first room we were sent to smelled of vomit. Maybe it was the night clerk's lack of apology and cursory room reassignment. Maybe it was the elevator out of order, or the lack of a wireless signal that would reach the end room. Maybe it was the wet floor in front of the in-room fridge. Maybe it was the lumpy mattress, or maybe the noisy air condition that cycled on and off all night.

Maybe we were tired and expecting more from this property, but we will try another spot next time we pass through the area.

• Liked — On our Route
  • Disliked — Lack of Attention from Desk Clerk
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Tulsa, OK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2008

This Comfort Inn is far different than others I have stayed at where the receptionists are rude. I would recommend Comfort Inn of Lee's Summit to anyone looking for a reasonably priced place to stay for a few nights. We only had one problem with being on the bottom floor and having to hear some kids stomping around above us. But the receptionists at this Comfort Inn were helpful and happy to serve us. The rooms were clean and provided extra products. We enjoyed our stay and if ever returning to the Kansas City area will stay again at this hotel.

• Liked — the friendliness
  • Disliked — the parking lot was too small
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Des Moines, IA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2008

The hotel was nice looking from the outside and the lobby but we were not pleased with our room. Of course I can't speak for the entire property but our room was located on the second floor not far from the elevator. When we entered the room and walked past the beds to put our luggage down, the floors actually bounced and the tv shook on the dresser. I have never stayed somewhere where I felt that before and I always request the top floor. The nail holes along the ceiling where the sheet rock was installed were sticking out and pushing out the plaster overlay. There had been a picture or mirror on the wall beside the television and what I'm assuming would be due to poor construction, had fallen and taken the plaster with it. The patches were horribly done and stuck out like a sore thumb. The shower curtain in the bathroom also had falled down and the holes patched there as well. The curtain had to be mounted below the patches and put the curtain laying several inches in the bottom of the tub for you to step on. The good thing we can say is that the room was clean and the bed was very comfortable. I just felt like there were some corners cut in the construction of this hotel. Maybe it was just our room... Who knows?

• Liked — The beds were great.
  • Disliked — The room needed to be maintenanced properly.
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Bartlett, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2007

I have stayed here off and on for the month of March 2007. I have to admit that I was suprised. Looking on the website this place was half the price of Hotels just down the street. That made me wonder. The rooms are well maintained and clean. The staff was very helpful and tried to help with any question. The rooms booked on the web were $65 a night and although there is not much at their exit - the next exit had anything you needed. My only complaint was their laundry facilities - they need to do a better job of keeping it cleaned up. I travel a LOT so I have to do laundry every now and then or my car would not hold enough clothes for my trips. The Mexican Food place in the shopping center next door was nice and not to pricey right food for the money and they stayed busy. Nice pool.

Stayed March 2007

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites - Lees Summit? Share your experiences!