“Beautiful!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fort Niangua River Resort

Fort Niangua River Resort
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lebanon
Fort Niangua River Resort
You added Fort Niangua River Resort to your Saves list
84 Cat Hollow Trail, Lebanon, MO 65536   |
Columbia, Missouri
“Beautiful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

There is nothing better than floating down the river in the hot summer sun. Fort Niangua River Resort is the perfect place to stay during a floating trip. It's family friendly and absolutely beautiful.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Kirksville, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

We have visited Ft Niangua River Resort a couple times now. It is a great weekend trip. They have everything we need to just relax and have a great time. We were able to enjoy the outdoors and the great scenery!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Gardner, Kansas, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

The good: Friendly staff. Good location. Pet friendly. Canoes and paddles were in good shape.

The bad: RV sites are on the side of a hill, too close together, and most require backing in. The hookups are on the wrong side for half the sites. The first site we were assigned had the hookups on the entry/exit side of the trailer. Staff allowed us to move one site over, solving that problem. We got our unit level, but damn, it took a couple cinder blocks and another 8" of wood plus maxing out the tongue jack to get it that way.

LOTS of poison ivy all over the place. The sites were mowed well, but the whole area was bordered by poison ivy.

The pool water looked green.

Life vests were laying in poison ivy.

Water access/boat ramp area smelled like a porta-potty. No kidding, it was rank!

Bus was filthy and in desperate need of shocks, which did not inspire confidence as the driver drove exceedingly fast over the washboards and bumps in the curvy, hilly road. Also, I scraped my calf on the jagged lower edge of the door when I got in.

I felt like I was the only sober adult male in the whole place. FN is pretty much a drunkfest. If you like being a drunk, listening to drunks, or watching drunks, this is definitely your campground. Also, if you a male who looks 8.5 months pregnant with sextuplets and like to go shirtless, this is your place. I will not bring my family here again.

The Niangua River is a floating frat party. I would not recommend this to families with young kids. If you want to go canoeing, I recommend finding an outfitter who runs on Sundays and/or weekdays.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

My family and I have been to Fort Niangua more times than I can recall. This is the closest you can get to Kansas City (where we live) and enjoy a float trip and come back to a cabin. This place is pretty rustic, so even in a cabin you'll feel like you're roughing it a bit, but that's the point I think - to get away from the city and not feel like you're in a hotel. Their general store is the best, always loaded with drinks, food, clothes, float toys, etc. The only draw back, which isn't Fort Niangua's fault, is that you can get a pretty rowdy young crowd, and since there are four cabins per unit (and several units) you may be very close to someone else's party. Luckily, security is always nearby if you need them. Can't speak to the campgrounds since I haven't stayed down there, but they always look nice.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Warrensburg, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

My best friend and I are frequent cabin-users at Fort Niangua River Resort. We choose to stay here all the time because all of the staff are courteous and extremely helpful (including the new manager of FNRR who just came in from IL about 2 mos ago!!). We have always found the cabins to be clean and neat and if we've ever needed anything extra, the staff always have gone above and beyond to accomodate us--any time of year. We also float and fish down here and are highly satisfied with the campground, surrounding wildlife, etc. FNRR owners are the same but I think this new manager has a lot in store for promoting and upgrading the facilities--in positive ways both for families and others. I'd like to see the grounds picked up and cleaned up a bit but otherwise, we always have a great stay and thoroughly enjoy our time there. Thank you FNRR for always being courteous and kind and making reservations and our stay so easy and fun. We will keep coming back and keep promoting your campground!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Lebanon, Missouri, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

what a blast,came down for there monster mud rally couldnt of had a better time,the workers made sure tht everybody had a great time even won some free gift certificartes for surrounding rest.
stayed in a cabin and thnk god they had there own linen,cause i got a little muddy lol.
thnks fort niangua looking forward to ur next event.oct 27th i believe,and if u doubt the good times look them up on youtube fort niangua,

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

My family and I really enjoyed our stay, the staff was courteous and helpful, we have recommended them to our friends and family.
Will sure to come back next season.
We really enjoyed the bus service that takes you to the drop off and pickup area. Their bus drivers were safe, professional people, trusted our driver transporting my kids, I think their all school bus drivers during school time.
I found Fort Niangua to be a very hospitality place, never worrying about our safety.

• Stayed September 2012

Been to Fort Niangua River Resort? Share your experiences!