“Very poor business practice ! Rude old woman” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Munger Moss Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lebanon
Munger Moss Motel
You added Munger Moss Motel to your Saves list
Lebanon, MO   |
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Lebanon
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Lake Geneva
“Very poor business practice ! Rude old woman”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

I have now reviewed 69 times as we travel alot. This was a small motel right off the interstate. My new husband and I were driving thru the night to get to our honeymoon destination. needless to say I could not make it. I had a headache and needed to sleep in a bed. we pulled off and I am one to give my money to mom and pop motels more than the big box chain motel/hotels. So this motel had its OPEN sign all lit up in the office window and all the lights on inside. There was a bell to ring after hours and it stated to ring it. It was 1:45 am . I rang the bell thinking a person was just beyond the wall as all the lights were on as I said. Well this old woman came from behind a door putting on her robe ! no shoes or slippers even with a horrible scowl on her face. First thing I did and she cracked open her front door the business she runs is to apologize to her. I couldn't believe she was in her jammies ! I told her that my husband and I were in need of a room for the night. She glared at me and said she was full. I looked at the parking lot an saw 4 cars. Ok so that was full for her wow ! never have I been treated so darn rude by any business owner. If she didnt want any more business for the bight then why have your neon OPEN sign lite and keep all the lights on ! We went to the big box chain motel and slept well thank you.

Room Tip: Stay away and find another place to spend your hard earned money
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
San Antonio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

A group of 8 cars traveling Route 66 stopped here to take a few pictures. The manager lady comes out and yells at us because we didnt ask permission first. Then she fussed because we were in the parking lot. It was noon on a Monday. Three total cars in the parking lot. Several wives went inside to see the gift shop and she continued to harp on us. One of the wives was talking about some of the toys and the manager said we obviously didnt know anything about their toys. At this point we decided they did not want us there. Will NOT be staying here on the return trip.

• Stayed September 2012
Bremerton, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

I was very glad to be able to stay at the Munger Moss Hotel. It was more affordable than area hotels, and offered a kitschy nostalgic experience. The host, Ramona, was very helpful in locating area attractions, including a good place to eat late at night upon my arrival. The rooms were clean and quaint. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay and almost wished it were not so rushed.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

This was a must stop on my Route 66 trip. It's not to be missed. The room was clean and comfy and the whole place was very retro. I think the world needs more of these types of motels. Ramona, the owner is priceless. When I handed in my key the next day, we had a long interesting conversation about Route 66 and the motel. I would have loved to sit down all day and talk with her. She's is a part of Route 66 that you will always remember.
She recommended the I visit Mr. C's Routepost which I did and found a store full of great Route 66 stuff.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

If you want to feel at home while away from home I can highly recommend this place. It is a very nice Route66 hotel with great rooms, a nice pool, cool awnings and best of all, Ramona! She and her husband run the hotel and she alone is a reason to come back here!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Lancaster, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

Though I ended up doing the trip alone, I managed to celebrate my 66th birthday, by staying in the Classic Munger Moss Motel on my birthday. I actually covered over 5000 miles driving a more northern route to Chicago and then back on route 66. Only had 11 days on Route 66 and 10 on the rest. Needed more. Stayed in 3 classic Route 66 motels. Would have liked to stay in more. Highly recommend the Route 66 motels. Munger Moss was clean and comfortable and much less expensive than the boring chain motels. Saw a note in one of my Route 66 references that the owners would like to retire. Wrong. Ramona says they could never give this up. So wonderful talking to the Route 66 travelers, many on motorcycles, and many from Europe.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Nice, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

We stayed Munger Moss on the way to Chicago, the Route 66 trip from Santa Monica. We stayed many motels on the way following the recommendation of our Route 66 guidebook and this is the most memorable one for me. The owner was very friendly and gave us a good recommendation of a good steak restaurant, T's Redneck Steakhouse. She also gave us a good guidance about the place to visit along Route 66. She is very nowledgeable about the route and I enjoyed talking to her.
The room was big enough, very clean and decorated with many Route 66 pictures. Before the departure I took her picture with her husband. She is a real image of Route 66 to me.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Munger Moss Motel? Share your experiences!