“A very good place to eat.” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Washington, Missouri, United States
“A very good place to eat.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

After visiting the Shepherd Hills Cutlery shop in Lebanon, continue on toward town on Elm. While on a previous visit, I was a bit disappointed with the pork loin, their catfish has always been quite good. Plus, they don't serve alcohol, which, being a non-drinker, I can do without.
The potato wedges are really good, the chicken strips are really good. It's a nice, family style atmosphere.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Pittsburgh
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

We stopped in Dowd's at the recommendation of the front desk of our hotel. It appeared to be a decent place from the exterior. Inside is very rustic and worn. After traveling for 11 hours we had hoped to have a wine or beer. They do not serve alchohol. I ordered the chopped bbq dinner. It was fatty and bits of grizzle throughout. Hubby had sliced pork bbq. He said it was just ok. Onion rings were good, fries were soso. The waitress was nice. We wont be back.

• Visited October 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Quincy, Illinois
“Very Good Local Favorite”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

I went to this restaurant by recommendation of the hotel receptionist. The place was busy and I could tell the food was going to be good even before I ordered due to the numbers of local folks who knew each other. Good Fish!!!!

Visited October 2013
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Worth a second visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

I had the spicy fish sandwich and my wife had the stuffed baked potato with chopped brisket. I'm not sure I got the spicy variety, but it was still good. Four filets and nice toppings were more than I could get into the bun. My wife liked my fish and I liked her brisket a lot. I had the potato wedges which looked to be a whole potato cut into 3/4" x 3/4" monster fries. Nice cross between the deep fried outer crust of a fry and a baked potato. Seasoned with parmesan.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Good catfish”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

We stopped here on our way to Table Rock Lake from St. Louis. Although this restaurant is by no means amazing or a destination restaurant, it was a great place to stop mid-trip for a non-fast food lunch. The cat fish was really quite good and the service was friendly. The pulled pork BBQ sandwich was also tasty. Our daughter got the kids rib meal and although the ribs were a tad on the dry side, they were very flavorful.

• Visited August 2013