“A really nice place and cheap price” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Lamar

Super 8 Lamar
You added Super 8 Lamar to your Saves list
Super 8 Lamar
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   45 Southeast 1st Lane, Jct. US 71 and 160, Lamar, MO 64759   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Lamar
Lathrop, Missouri
“A really nice place and cheap price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

This is a Super 8 but it is like an upper tier motel. The room I stayed in was very nice. The service was excellent. They provide popcorn and fresh baked goods in the lobby. The breakfast is much better than the standard Super 8 breakfast and they even had fresh brewed iced tea.

Room Tip: The room I had was great, I would assume any of them would be the same
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
superhost, Owner at Super 8 Lamar, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Thank you so much for staying with us at our Super 8 in Lamar, Mo. I appreciate your business very much and also appreciate you reviewing our Super 8 on TripAdvisor. I'm glad you had a great experience and found our service and rates great. I'm also glad you enjoyed your room, snacks and breakfast. I hope you are able to stay with us again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Remember, it's a Super 8. Nothing fancy, just a great price on a comfortable room. Excellent service and a nicely appointed lobby area with well cared-for rooms set this Super 8 above many of its peers. If you are looking for a budget motel, this one is nice. With a late check in, I was greeted with popcorn and gooey brownies in the lobby.

Otherwise, it was nothing special. There seemed to be an inordinately large gap under the door with light showing into the room from the hallway. Not a very private feeling. Plumbing is much like any cheap motel: you'll know it when anyone above you turns on the water. While the bed was fairly comfortable, the bedding was sub-standard with thin pillows.

Breakfast was the same standard fare you'll find at any of these places: fruit, cereal, biscuits and gravy, pre-packaged muffins and pastries, etc.

Bottom line: for the price, it's nice. It's clean. It's friendly.

Room Tip: Request a room with an outside entrance. Your room will still have an inside door to the hallway, bu...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
superhost, Owner at Super 8 Lamar, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Thank you so much for staying with us while traveling through the area. I'm glad you found our Super 8 to be clean, comfortable and friendly and that you found it to be a good value. We appreciate your business and hope you are able to stay with us again soon.
Memphis, Tennessee, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

This is about our third time staying here and it is an awesome stay for the price. The rooms are nice and well-maintained. The breakfast is much better than average at a hotel like this and the snacks provided in the lobby throughout the day are a nice touch. Also, when we arrived this last time, the very pleasant lady at the front desk informed me that, because it was a slow weekend, they had upgraded us to a family suite at no additional charge! I would highly recommend this place to anyone looking for an economical but very nice place to stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
superhost, Owner at Super 8 Lamar, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Thank you so much for staying at our Lamar Super 8 in Lamar, Mo. while in our area. I appreciate your business very much. I'm so glad you enjoyed the suite and am glad we were able to upgrade you during your stay. I appreciate your review of our property on TripAdvisor and hope you are able to stay with us again soon.
Cedar Rapids, IA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

This specific hotel had been recommended to us by a relative. In the past we have stayed at the "slightly more expensive" chains but when travelling through Missouri this will be our first choice from now on. The staff was very friendly. The room was great and the bed was the best hotel bed I've slept on in quite awhile. The breakfast was also very good. We used to travel from IA to TX on I 35 all the way through KS and OK. The route through Joplin and Lamar seems to be quicker. It's so nice to not fight the big city traffic and to find the big city hotels!
Stay at the Super 8 in Lamar and eat at the "Red, Hot, and Blue" BBQ restaurant in Joplin! They are two of the best!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
superhost, Owner at Super 8 Lamar, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Thank you so much for staying with us at our Lamar Super 8 in Lamar, Mo. I'm glad you had a great stay. I appreciate your review so much and am also happy to hear you liked our mattresses and enjoyed the breakfast! Thank you so much for making us your lodging choice when you pass through the area. I appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again soon.
NE OK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

There was another Super8 just a few miles up the road and it was less expensive, but we elected to pay more based on the exceptional ratings for this hotel........we were not disappointed.

The bed was very comfortable, the hotel was very clean and the staff was friendly and attentive. The quality of the continental breakfast was good, but was nothing special.

I felt that the cost was slightly on the high side for the location and type of hotel, but I have never stayed in this area before, so I'm not sure what comparable lodging costs in that area.

I would stay there again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

superhost, Owner at Super 8 Lamar, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
I'm so glad you chose our Lamar, Mo. Super 8 for your stay while passing through the area. I realize you have many lodging choices available to you and I appreciate your business very much. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and found your room clean and comfortable and liked your mattress. I hope you are able to stay with us again soon.

Been to Super 8 Lamar? Share your experiences!