“Great service, staff and food.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Resort at Port Arrowhead

Save Saved
You added The Resort at Port Arrowhead to your Saves list
The Resort at Port Arrowhead
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   3080 Bagnell Dam Boulevard, PO Box 1930, Lake Ozark, MO 65049   |
Ranked #6 of 13 hotels in Lake Ozark
Hermann, Missouri
“Great service, staff and food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

I stayed two nights here for a conference. On the down side, yes the rooms are dated and in need of some work. However, the rooms were clean, just well worn. However, the good far outweighs the bad. The staff was very friendly from check-in to check-out. The food prepared for our conference meals was far better than I have experienced at pricier hotels and the lunch I ate in the restaurant was very good as well. The outdoor pool area was very well kept even though I never saw anyone servicing the area.
I am sure I will bring my family back here during the summer to get a poolside suite and take advantage of this resort.
Thank you to all of the staff!

• Stayed September 2013
John C, General Manager at The Resort at Port Arrowhead, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Thank you so much for the kind words and for taking time to write a review. It is always a pleasure to read a positive review as with the thousands of guests we have each year few take time to leave a review if they have a pleasant stay. It is only when a guest has issues that they take time to leave a negative review. It is our ultimate goal that each of our guests leave happy and if we know of an issue while they are here we can usually correct it so they have a pleasant stay. Again Thank You so much for taking time out of your busy schedule to leave a positive review.

153 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Nauvoo, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Resort of Port Arrowhead in Lake of the Ozarks on 8/16/2013. When I made the reservation I asked for a room on ground level with close by parking as my husband is on oxygen. We were given a room on ground level however had to walk all the way around to the far end as that end of the hotel did not have parking. When we tried to take a shower there was no hot water, so we called the manager and were told we can move to another room, which we did. Our new room we were able to park fairly close to the room however called management at 11:30 because a dog was barking in the room next to us. Finally after midnight we got some sleep. My husband complained at check out that it was not a good stay and was handed the bill and the clerk said nothing. Needless to say we will not stay there again. The rooms were not worth 128.00. The bathroom tiles were broken, very old carpet and décor and the worst part was the noise, not good soundproofed rooms and no hot water.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking time to write a review. I would like to apologize for the issues you experienced during your stay. We did have an issue in one of our buildings with one of our water heaters in mid August and that issue was resolved with-in 24 hours. I know that didn’t help at the time and am sorry we had to relocate you to a different room. I understand you had a couple of other issues and I am sorry they were not addressed at check-out as it is my goal to make sure every guest leaves satisfied with their stay. Again I apologize for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay and hope you would consider giving us another opportunity to win you over.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

This hotel might have been great 20 years ago but they haven't done any updating since then. The staff is not friendly, they only talked to us to tell us we were breaking the rules. You can't see the lake so all hotel views are terrible despite the resort being placed next to the lake. To sum up the rooms, the sheets are itchy, beds are full of dust mites, the towels are old and small and the showers don't work. While the online pictures of the hotel shows a lovely hot tube, it doesn't show you that it's full of kids 90% of the time. The mini golf is free, so that means they don't keep up with it. This hotel needs so serious work.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Long Branch, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

I had reserved a newly renovated room with 2 queen beds and paid $292.00. Which is not cheap for 2 nights! What a disappointment! We stayed in Building D on the lower level. The view of the lake was great! No newly renovated room except for the new countertop in the very small bathroom (I was told that was the new renovation). The carpet was dirty with very big visible stains and the furniture was old! The whole " Resort" is totally neglected! Stairs broken and lightning did not work to see the stairs! The indoor pool area is old and ceiling tiles falling off! The outside has weeds growing where flowers should be blooming! The outside pool area is not in better shape than the rest of the place! The restaurant looked to dark and not inviting and the big outside terrace had only a couple of tables to sit at. We decided not to eat there!
It looked like the place was booked out (only one room with a king bed was available when we tried to book another room for my one friends son) which means they make enough money to afford the renovation which is desperately needed to call this a Resort.
This was a girls getaway and birthday surprise for a friend and a huge disappointment! I would never stay here again!

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Mount Pleasant, Iowa, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

Stayed 2 nights at Port Arrowhead. Read reviews before doing so. To be honest, im not sure where the bad reviews came from. My family of 5 had a blast!!! The staff was nothing short of awesome! The outdoor pools were unreal. We stayed in a family futon suite, with very comfy beds. Had a small problem getting our tv to work, and maintainence man (Tommy I believe) was there in a flash to fix it. This is NOT a brand new resort, nor do they claim to be. I noticed that GM John Custer answers most reviews online (good and bad) That is integrity you don't often see. We will be back to Port Arrowhead!!! Keep up the great work, The White's.

Room Tip: I would suggest the family futon suites for families with 2 or more children.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
John C, General Manager at The Resort at Port Arrowhead, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Thank you so much for taking time to leave such a nice review. More often than not if a guest has a good stay / experience they do not take time to leave a review. I only wish that when a guest has an issue with our Resort they would bring it to our attention while they are here so we could correct it. So many times when we get negative reviews we have no idea there were issues until we read the review. I take pride in trying to make sure each guest leaves happy wanting to return and find it disheartening when I read a negative review. Again, Thank You for leaving such a great review for our Resort and we look forward to having you back as our guest.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

Seriously? A resort? We stayed in building D. Don't know what the other buildings with rooms are like, but let me warn others of this one. Our room had a damp, musty feeling. The fitted sheet on the king size bed had two visible stains, the curtain had a burned spot on it, least I hope it was a burned spot. Afraid to pick at it or look too closely. The carpet was worn and just felt like there was ground in dirt from years of being there or never properly cleaned. The bathroom had no exhaust fan and the corners of the bathroom floor had dust, fuzz, and bits of hair that had not been cleaned. The hallways were very warm for mid July and they too were in a desperate need of a deep cleaning or compete overhaul. As we entered the building, there was dirt on the floor between the mat and door....lots of dirt. I should have ran then, but my spouse had a meeting there the next day. If you are a business, and expect your employees to have meetings there, reconsider. Find another place, because it may send the message that you don't find them valuable. I will never stay here again.

Room Tip: Should be well ventilated, clean bed linens, pristine bathroom. Bathroom sink's overflow hole s...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Saint Louis, Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

We arrived around 4 am. I was told someone would be there 24/7. When we arrived felt as though we put the front desk out. Payment couldn't be figured out was told to come back at a later time. We planned on paying at check out but our key was disabled due to non payment! Later key disabled again despite payment. Disappointed for the amount of $$$ spent.

• Stayed July 2013
John C, General Manager at The Resort at Port Arrowhead, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
I am sorry for the issues you had with the keys to your room. Sometimes in the middle of the night when we are changing dates in the computer system we can’t accept payments. I hope this was the case when you checked in. I would like to have you come back as our guest again in the near future to prove the issues you had were an isolated instance and not our normal way of operating. I do want to Thank You for taking time to leave a review and ask that you please call me to make reservations if you would consider coming back.

Been to The Resort at Port Arrowhead? Share your experiences!