“What a great place, at a great value!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Alhonna Resort

Alhonna Resort
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lake Ozark
Alhonna Resort
You added Alhonna Resort to your Saves list
677 Outer Drive, Lake Ozark, MO 65049   |
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Lake Ozark
Illinois
“What a great place, at a great value!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2009

My husband and I stayed there for almost a week, as our honeymoon location. This was a second marriage, and are also parents, so we needed someplace affordable, just to "get away". It was my first time away from my kids, but it was WONDERFUL!! We loved our cottage (Cottage 4). It was right on the water, and we rented a boat for one day, very reasonable rate for that. We had dinner and drinks in the restaurant, and it was great as well. We aren't fancy folks, and we enjoyed our stay very much. In fact, we are going back this June (2009), and taking the kids this time. They can't wait to see where we stayed! We did leave a day early, but only because I missed my kids so much! Sorry it took me so long to leave a review, I stumbled upon this while planning our trip this summer!

• Stayed June 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Ste. Gen. MO.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2008

Hi folks,
We have stayed at Alhonna three times now. Once in a three bedroom unit, once in a four bedroom unit and once in a one bedroom unit. Both multi bedroom units were large and can handle the amount of people you would expect from a 3-4 bedroom unit and not feel crowded.
The one bedroom unit was small but had a kitchen and sitting room and a loft with a kingsize bed. I thought it was great
If you have a giant boat you might find the ramp a little tight but I dont think there is much made that fits on a trailer that I could not get in or out there.
On all three stays our rooms were clean and plesant.. Great lake views too.
We spend a great deal of time at the lake and have often rented or borrowed condos. Alhonna is a lot different than a condo stay and we find it more enjoyable. My sister has a condo just up the cove at AquaFin that we can get for the clean up fee but we choose to stay at Alhonna. It is a 60's like lake experience. It is a hold over from the real resort era of the Lake of the Ozarks.
The outdoor pool is great and well kept. I have not been in the indoor pool but it looks nice.
There is the Bobber cafe on site and a person can get burgers, wraps, sandwiches of all kinds, salads and pizzas. Breakfast and dinners too. We had a boiled shrimp special one evening on our last stay and it was very good. I will sometimes slip down to the bar and have a beer and look out over the lake. Kareeokee on Sat. evenings. (if you see me there singing get me a cup of cofee)
Playgrounds for the kids and they take pets too.
Sometimes while the wives are shopping the guys will fish from the docks for fun and we have caught some decent crappie from the enclosed fishing dock. This last time down we went to the dock after dark and lit up the inside and after a while the minnows came to the light followed by 10" crappie.
Alhonna is not the newest or most modern but I hope it keeps it old lake resort charm. It is also easy to get to and close to all the other lake attractions and as mentioned before, on those days when you have too much fun you can get by pretty well on the fare from the Bobber
For those of you who miss the places like Robbin's Resort and others from the good old days at the lake give Alhonna a try!

• Liked — Lake view resort atmosphere
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with family
St.Peters
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2008

We went to Alhonna for Labor Day weekend with 3 other families and had a wonderful time! Our room was nice, clean and equipped with everything we needed. The resort had everything we needed, indoor/ outdoor swimming pool. A restaurant which we ate breakfast at and was very good. The boat docks were nice and they also had a swimming dock. They had Karaoke at the pool which my kids took part in and then had a Dj at the pool the other day. The staff was very nice. They had a nice playground for the kids to enjoy as well. There was soo much to do there, there was no reason to have to go anywhere else. We will defenitley go back.

• Liked — our room size, and the pool, bar, restaurant, boat dock, and swim dock
  • Disliked — the lack of cleanliness to the outside of the property. Cobwebs everywhere. You would think they might get a grounds keeper and just go around and sweep off decks and knock down the cobwebs .
  • Stayed August 2008
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Peoria, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2008

We were planning on staying over Memorial Day Weekend for a family get together. When we arrived the key was not supposed to be where they said it was and when we finally found someone and we unlocked the door we found two people sleeping in our bed with a dog. Total shock on both parts and the couple had to move to another location (in the pouring rain.) One of the showers did not work - spiders on the walls, blood on two sets of sheets and it stunk! We told the lady in charge that we were very unsatisfied and luckily we found rooms in Osage Beach at a motel that was 100% better. Unfortunately we were charged for the entire stay and they could have cared less about our displeasure.

• Liked — Nothing!
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed May 2005, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
ssamme, General Manager at Alhonna Resort, responded to this review, August 27, 2008
This stay occurred in May of 2005 and is being published August of 2008? We have never made anyone leave or move rooms in the middle of the night....I believe this person to be mistaken or malicious and have notified TripAdvisor.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2008

Our first visit, We stayed at Alhonna for one week-end on 4th of July. The room was OK but could use some updating- too much wood paneling, the shower was tiny for my 275 lb hubby. It was family friendly, the staff was very nice, friendly, and the owner stopped by our table to chat. (we asked one of the staff if the gentleman was the owner) he made us feel part of the family.
We brought our own jet ski, the lake area was very nice and just around the corner/point from busy night life if you wanted. We didn't leave the resort, every thing you needed was there. Bar, restaurant, fishing off the dock, swimming, or just relaxing. Some of the staff did Kareoke- it was family fun- other guest kids joined in too. It was so sweet.
We came back 2 weeks later and got a different room- it had some updating (less paneling) Yes, the beds were old, but we were too tired to care from all the fun we had during the day at the lake. You can BBQ right out side your room, free boat slip for guests, the water is not to rough, it was comfortable to be there and not pricey. Were going again during labor day week-end, we can't wait!

• Liked — friendly staff, lake atmosphere
  • Disliked — smelled old
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Thank you for your kind words about our family friendly atmosphere. Please rest assured we are working diligently to correct some of the existing problems and deficienies.
kansas city, missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2008

I was here for my Bachlorette Party with 12 other girls. After reading some of the reviews before I left I was ready for the worst, I even packed candles expecting it to smell...but to my surprise it was wonderful!!! Yes there are cobwebs in windows, on the bathroom floor corners, but wake up you pre-madonnas.....you are on the lake!!!
The staff was wonderful as well. The front desk accidentally over charged me ( I didnt notice at the time) but within an hour of being there THEY called me and corrected there mistake.
It is an old "resort" but I would stay there again.

• Liked — size of the 3 bedrooms....deck!!
  • Disliked — 1 dumpster
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Thank you for taking time to post a review. Please rest assured we strive daily to improve our standards and hope to one day have nothing but glowing positives about Alhonna Resort!
jannob
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2007

We spent 4 days at the Alhonna Resort June/July 07. We were excited to find a hotel that would accept dogs and after being there 4 days, we can't wait to plan another visit to Alhonna. The staff was extremely nice, the room, although not extremele modern was more than adequate with clean, comfortable beds, average bathroom and very nice kitchen. It offered us lakeside views, boat rentals, small store, pools and jacuzzi, restaurant and bar so we would not ever have to leave the premises. Enabling us to bring our two dogs, we were surrounded by dog lovers and other dogs and we met some very nice people. Can't wait to go back!

• Liked — 3 bedroom availability
  • Disliked — carpeting
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lake Ozark
The Resort at Port Arrowhead
#11 of 13 in Lake Ozark
3.0 of 5 stars 180 reviews
Tan-Tar-A Resort, Golf Club, Marina & Indoor Waterpark

Been to Alhonna Resort? Share your experiences!