“LOVE THE ALHONNA” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Alhonna Resort

Alhonna Resort
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lake Ozark
Alhonna Resort
Save Saved
You added Alhonna Resort to your Saves list
677 Outer Drive, Lake Ozark, MO 65049   |
Ranked #3 of 13 hotels in Lake Ozark
Antioch, Tennessee
“LOVE THE ALHONNA”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

My stay was 3 nights with an arrival date of June 6. I had a two bedroom unit when i opened my door i was a few feet from the lake. Beautiful view. The room was remodeled had a full kitchen. very very clean. i can not say enough about the owners of the resort. They were very accommodating to our group of great dane lovers. We are booked again for next year. Resort was very easy to find. LOVED the restaurant staff and food we had a chicken buffet one night It was outstanding. Pool was very nice. Counting down the days until next year.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

56 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

Pros:
We loved having a playground near a large deck facing the water. The indoor pool and hot tub were awesome options on rainy days. The outdoor pool was also very popular with our crew. Having a restaurant on the premise was great too!

Cons:
The rooms have that dated feel. No housekeeping (you just go ask for new towels). Small bags of ice for $2. The whole complex looks like it could be a season away from rundown if not carefully kept up.

• Stayed August 2013
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Alhonna Resort is one of the few family resorts left at the Lake. Alhonna has kept up the tradition and worked hard to keep the nostalgic feelings for families coming back year after year, they have two small playgrounds for the kiddos, indoor, outdoor pool with baby pool, and rooms overlooking the Lake, it is a family owned quaint little resort that most everyone seems to adore. The resort is located on the main channel and is known for it's great amenities and awesome fishing (the food is pretty amazing as well - especially breakfast!). The pool is large and has plenty of seating. I noticed someone mentioned in a review they were not happy about boaters or locals coming in to have a cocktail and let kids use the pool. I myself see no problem with it, as a boater I know how difficult it can be at the Lake to find a kid friendly place to stop and relax while boating and after all it IS a boating community. Not only have I stayed there in the past, but I have sent family members and friends to stay at the resort and they have done nothing but rave about the great staff and how much fun they had, so I know first hand it is an incredible place, If you are looking for a relaxing getaway and family friendly environment then Alhonna is the place to stay!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Plano, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

We have just completed our 3rd family reunion here. It was so awesome to be in close proximity of my sisters, brothers, parents, and nieces/nephews. I was depressed to leave them, because I love them so much.

I do want to point out some specifics, in the hopes that they can be amended before we stay there again. (We are already looking elsewhere for our next reunion).

The commodes are not up to par. I, being an overweight 40-something mom, had my bottom pinched numerous times when the seat of the toilet shifted. In addition, both toilets clogged easily, and myself and husband plunged twice.

The showers do not drain and the bathtub/bathtub walls are unclean.

We called a total of 3 times for: clogged drains, clogging commodes and needing disinfectant, and something else.

Finally, no phones or clocks. I didn't care much about these aspects, but they would add more convenience, especially when some of our family does not have cell phones.

Room Tip: Units 73 and above (upstairs) seem to be less noisy.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

We have been staying at this resort for about 8 years (a couple times a year). This is the last time!! We stayed there memorial weekend and I was relaxing on patio by pool and a group of people walked up from the lake and sat down at table next to me. They had about 8 kids with them...While they ordered drinks...the kids went to the pool and used tne resort facilities. I was shocked people would do that at a resort they were not staying at. Then we stayed at the resort on the July 4th weekend....there were many boats with large groups of people coming off the lake....one boat had 17 people. They sat down ordered drinks and went in tne pool. UNBELIEVABLE!!!!! I was paying $200 BUCKS a night to stay and share the facilities with everyone on the lake. There were so many poeple at the pool we could not even get a chair. I reported what was happening to the office and they said it was hard to control (that's scary)...if you like relaxing and not sharing resort you pay to stay at with the community and other creepies stay somewhere else. NEVER AGAIN. NOT A FAMILY RESORT. This is mainly for college kids and drunks.

• Stayed July 2013
Kansas City, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

This review is long but hopefully will provide a comprehensive overview of the resort. My husband and I spent three days at Alhonna attending as part of a very large Great Dane organization (we occupied at least 80-90% of the rooms). The resort did absolutely everything within their power to make us feel welcome and well cared for. Not only was our comfort a priority but their services extended to our gentle giant pets. Drinking water buckets were placed around the core of the resort, areas were designated for the dogs to potty and disposal containers were provided. The cabin included everything we would possibly need and was clean and tidy. The staff were pleasant and helpful. The food at Bobbers is country style and tasty!

We stayed in the lower floor of a three bedroom cabin (unit is compartmentalized so the two floors can be rented autonomously with separate entrances). The guests that rented the top floor misrepresented themselves to management as a party of two there for the purpose of fishing.. when in fact there were five young men who spent the majority of their first day drinking and being obnoxious. Management addressed their behavior and warned them they would be removed should they behave in a similar fashion day two. Night two they repeated their behavior of the first night waking us up with screaming and horsing around. I called management at 1:30a.m. and security arrived within two minutes. The men were informed in no uncertain terms that they were being watched and removal was imminent. The rest of the night was quiet and we were greeted at breakfast by management staff to get our input and expressing their desire to "make things right". Those guests are now banned from future rental and arrangements were made for us to attend in 2014 with the group.

If you are looking for the Ritz.. stay elsewhere. If comfort, great location and family are your priority.. this is the place for you! We look forward to many years of vacations at Alhonna!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

Decks views and grills on each room. Great super clean rooms. Fun. Lots of trees and beautiful sunsets!!! Stay here...you will love it. It feels good..like vacations did when I was a kid! This is a nice change, flowers, trees, nice people and great cove location!

If you are a CEO fat cat and drive a Ferrari, you and your fake breasted young wife might complain about a few things...but fine..go stay at H.Toad and enjoy your concrete structure and $380 a night in season rate suite...and you will enjoy what your are use to.

For most of us...the price, views and lake access AND location is awesome. Take a boat to Shady Gators, H.Toad, Dock Knockers as they are all 1/2 mile up the shore.

If your hungry....try Chicago Brothers Pizza bar restaurant in Osage Beach. Order the Chicago Beef sandwich with au jus....its outragously delicious for $7.

• Stayed August 2012

Been to Alhonna Resort? Share your experiences!