“15 years and counting, we LOVE Alhonna.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Alhonna Resort

Alhonna Resort
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lake Ozark
Alhonna Resort
677 Outer Drive, Lake Ozark, MO 65049   |
Ranked #3 of 13 hotels in Lake Ozark
Boonville, Missouri
“15 years and counting, we LOVE Alhonna.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2011

Alhonna is a great family resort. From apartment to house rentals, they have you covered. The property is Lake front, with spacious bost slips. The Bobber Rest is wonderful. I have food allergies and the cooks were more than happy to accomodate my needs, along with wonderful service from the wait staff. The house keeping staff makes wure that you have everything that you need and if you don't then just ask and you shall receive. Great outdoor pool and a great indoor pool and hot tub area. Everything is very clean and the rooms have been updated. We have been coming to Alhonna for 15 years for a family reunion- we take up 10+ rooms so we are a large group-infants to 80's- and they never miss a beat. We love Alhonna and when we check out we make reservations for the next year. A truly enjoyable experience in the Ozarks

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

54 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Kansas City, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2011

Let me start by saying not everything about the Alhonna is bad. They do have a good selection of nice boats available for rental at reasonable prices. They also have one building that has nice up-to-date rooms, but unfortunately that only covers a couple of the 60 units at the resort, and my room wasn't among those few. They have a really nice indoor pool area, but it closed around 10pm, which doesn't make any sense for an indoor pool. After spending the day out on the lake and then doing some shopping and dinner, we got back around 10:00 to find the pool already closed. In a resort area like this it needs to stay open until at least midnight. Since it closed early I never got to use it, but it looked nice.

For the most part, the rooms at the Alhonna look like they probably haven't been updated in the last 30 years. I was in a three bedroom unit and it was terrible. The beds were the most uncomfortable I've ever slept on in a hotel. They squeaked and creaked with even the slightest movement. I would have gladly taken the dorm beds from back in my college days over the ones at the Alhonna. The sheets had some stains on them as well. Luckily I always prepare for these possibilities and I had my own sheets and pillow that I went and got from my car. Even though the unit had three bedrooms, there was only one TV, and it was no larger than 19 inches. The remote didn't work either. The windows in the bedroom were up high where you could barely see outside so it felt like prison, and they were dirty too. The window sill had dead bugs on it and the window was missing the screens. The walls were a gross wood paneling that has been somewhat camouflaged under some tacky light blue paint. The carpet is so dark there's no way to tell if it's clean or not, but judging by the stains on the sheets and the dead bugs in the windows, I wouldn't be too optimistic.

The Alhonna could really be a first class destination if they put any money into updating the rooms and actually keeping them clean, but the way it is now I would rather pitch a tent than stay in those rooms again unless they want to drastically reduce the prices.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends
Fort Scott, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2010

I have been going to the resort twice a year for the last three years. The staff and office help are very friendly. The rooms are always clean. There isn't really a whole lot to do other than swimming if you aren't a fisherman, but then again I love to swim. The rooms are always clean. I don't mind cleaning up after myself, kind of prefer the privacy. Don't really care for people to go through my things, even if it is housekeeping. The restaurant serves excellent food, and you do get full. Alot of places charge outrageous prices and you still barely get more than two bites. I would recommend this place to anyone who wants to just get away from it all. It is very peaceful and overall a great place to stay. I don't have a boat or usually go out boating, but I know you can rent a boat to go out if you want to. They also have several bass tournaments and other activities throughout the year. I plan to try to keep up my twice a year stays for as long as I can.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Saint Louis, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2010

Just got back from a stay at the Alhonna Resort. The place is very old, rooms were dirty, and had a musty odor to them. There is no maid service and when you need clean towels you have to catch housekeeping open and exchange them. They also require you to empty your own trash from the room when leaving. The lock on the front door was very shabby. Felt unsafe and afraid to leave anything in the room. Office personel was very unfriendly. The restuarant on the other hand was nice. Good food, nice size portions and the employees were very friendly. Will not stay here again!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
Indianapolis, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2010

There is a reason the approval rating is so low. We ignored it because we stayed there for years in the past and thought that people just wanted something more for kids. This is not the same place it used to be. If you want to stay at Alhona for some crazy reason, do it soon, I can’t see them being in business very much longer by the way they treat their guests. Make sure you check the dates and times and charges on your bill. We didn’t and they charged us different prices and refused to give us the deal they told us we could have. We had to leave one day earlier than we planned because they were going to charge us another day, our mistake. Then we went to check out 3 other resorts, (Alhona’s mistake!) We found that Alhona was not any cheaper and pales in comparison to every other place we checked out. We stayed the last night at Robins Resort, so much better. We also checked Kapilana which was another fantastic resort. I have pictures to of the dilapidated room, leaking faucet and we had a refrigerator that didn’t work. They gave us a key to another unit to use another fridg. and had to haul our food across the parking lot. The restaurant was closed, and you have to drive 20 minutes into Osage Beach to find most places to eat. The next morning (8:00 am) while the guys were out fishing, 2 grubby tatood covered men came into the unit unannounced to replace the fridg.(quite unnerving). Feel free to write me at [--]. I'll explain the scam they pulled on our bill.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
St. Louis MO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2010

Lahonna was a nice lakeside fishing resort with very nice, covered boat slips and a heated fishing dock. Our cabin had a covered porch with picnic table and a scenic view of the water and shore line. It’s an older property but not as old as some we have stayed in. Although it is an older property, it was very clean and very comfortable (Wood burning fireplace and a wood rack full of wood, cable TV and plenty of utensils). Price for the area was reasonable.

Our room was well "equipped" with a coffee maker, microwave, cable T.V. and a full size kitchen area. King bed was not brand new, but the sheets and blankets were clean and comfortable. Extra pillows and blanket in the closet were also clean and comfy. There were some spiders outside.

We had a grand time, caught lots of fish in the heated dock, complete with an AC outlet for electric knife and fish cleaning station. We had a nice dinner and awesome breakfast in the Restaurant, meet a lot of nice people, and really enjoyed our cabin (#2), the view and the fireplace. We enjoyed Lahonna immensely and will definitely be back.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Omaha, Nebraska
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2009

Our first trip to the Alhonna "resort" was 5 yrs ago and we stayed in the motel. I was not impressed. It was dingy and outdated. This time I thought I would upgrade to a better unit. We stayed in room #62. This was a 2 king bed with full kitchen unit. The rooms/beds were decent but the entire place needed a good cleaning. The curtains had dead moths. The deck area had many spiderwebs and just seemed neglected by the grounds crew. The kitchen was the cleanest area of all--thank goodness, although the freezer leaked into the fridge. The kids (teens) used the pools and the jacuzzis. The sauna door was locked. The pools themselves were nice, but the deck area inside needed some cleaning and sprucing up. Alhonna offers a lot of amenities (boat rental, pools, jacuzzi) at a decent price, but I think I will try another "resort" the next time we travel there.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family

Been to Alhonna Resort? Share your experiences!