“The Grumpy Gourmet” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Des Moines, Iowa
“The Grumpy Gourmet”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

Visited Lo's Crab Shack tonight and had a wonderful meal. Calamari appetizers were perfectly cooked, not chewy, and had great flavor. My wife ordered the fish taco and she loved it. I had a full order of shrimp that were fried to perfection. Also the clam chowder was superb. Service was fast. What a great visit. Four stars!

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

54% Recommend
Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
“Awful service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

Awful. Hostess was unable to accommodate table of 9. Wanted to split our party. Tried to have drink at bar. Only served my husband and even after getting my dad's order. Ignored the women. Washed glasses, served other patrons after we sat down, cleared dishes, got drinks for servers, and still never took my drink order. We left. Their loss. When I left I told hostess we wouldn't need table. She couldn't even remember who we were....so sad. Will never go back.

• Visited October 2013
Panama City Beach, Florida
“The chef's grouper dish was wonderful!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

We had a great dining experience here. The night we visited there was a wonderful grouper dish featured as a special. Truly excellent!

One of our party ordered the 1 pound crab bucket. Great flavor but served a bit cooler in temperature than desired. The same for the soup. Great flavor but a little on the cool side.

Our service was very good and the majority of our food was also very good. Glad we tried it!

Visited September 2013
Hennessey, Oklahoma, United States
“Vacation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

The shrimp casserole was great and the creme brulee was awesome! This was my favorite meal on our weekend stay. Don't miss this one!

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Good food. A little pricey.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

The food here is good but it was a little pricey. I had the seafood ravioli (half size order) it was around $12 and only had 3-4 raviolis. It was cold so I sent it back and meal was comped. But once I received a hot plate the food was good. Others at my table had grouper which was really good also.

• Visited July 2013