Based on the 5 reviews we saw on this website, we thought we'd give Country Hearth a shot. Were we ever sorry for that choice!! This hotel experience now ranks as #2 on my list of “worst hotel experiences”. After a hot day on the lake, we were looking forward to entering a cool room to clean up and relax. We had 2 rooms with 2 beds in each room. There was no AC in the hallway while walking to the rooms on the2nd floor. Upon entering the rooms, we noticed the room temp. was hotter than it was outside! We immediately turned the AC unit (in both rooms) to high. It took about 4 hours to get either room cooled.
• It's a roof over your head.
• Staff was friendly and brought anything you requested to your room within 5 mins of calling the front desk.
• Our room was really hot and stuffy (see above paragraph).
• We had to call the front desk to request a hair dryer (they do not keep them in the rooms) and we had to request towels because they only keep 2 sets of towels in the room, even though our reservation was for 4 people.
• Both rooms were dirty—1 of the4 beds did not have clean sheets on it, both bathrooms were dirty and had hair in several different places, mirror over sink was dirty, and there was scum on the inside of the vinyl shower curtain.
• Bathrooms are extremely small with only enough room in it for the toilet, tub, and small area to stand. The sink is out in the room between the bathroom and the room door. It was really difficult getting dressed after showering due to lack of privacy and small space in bathroom.
• No iron or ironing board in the room.
• You can hear things from the rooms next to yours. My husband asked me who was in the shower and I had to tell him it was the room next door. Noisy when other rooms start the shower or flush their toilet.
This hotel was a HUGE disappointment and was not worth the money we paid for it. We will not stay here again. Also, the breakfast was strictly continental.
- Also Known As:
- Country Hearth Inn Lake Ozark Lake Of The Ozarks, MO