Family trip for Tae Kwondo tournament. Positives:...Jr. suite was good size, enough for family w/ king bed & pull out sofa. Mostly quiet room. And had three sinks (inside bath, outside bath, and in kitchen area)
Negatives: everything else.
- Sheets were thin enough to see through. Didn't look visibly dirty, but the next morning I saw how the housekeeping staff was treating sheets in the hallway and lost all confidence that sheets were clean.
- Toilet was dirty - pink mold/mildew ring in bowl which comes from no scrubbing after 1-2 weeks. This doesn't happen if you skip scrubbing in a day, or two, or even five.
- Shower had mildew & hair. Possibly was rinsed out before we arrived, but definitely not cleaned with cleanser & disinfectant.
- Glasses in kitchen had fingerprints and lint in them. Absolutely not cleaned which makes it prone to passing disease and germs like tuberculosis, hepatitis and others.
- Faucets & shower head all had mineral deposits and mineral build up. Not unsanitary per se, no real harm here, but just general lack of maintenance and upkeep and a complete eyesore.
- Carpet was dirty, stained, and vacuumed poorly if at all.
- Breakfast was $10 for complete crap food. Based on how our room looked, I can only speculate as to what the kitchen looked like. I ran to Paul's (supermarket) for milk & cereal so I wouldn't have to eat there.
- Signage was poor/wrong. One sign said rooms 4000 - 4028 or the highest number. Yet after carrying all of our luggage down that hall, we realized the numbers started at roughly 4018. Instead of stating the correct room numbers, it stated the entire range for the floor, creating extra work for the guests after a long day of travel. Just sloppy.
- Overall - general disrepair. Wall corners damaged, paint spots & stains, door jams cracked/broken, bathroom hinges rusty. Again, none of these harmful per se, but I expected more from a place called "Country Club Hotel & Spa".
Last, we did not experience any real "service". My only experiences were checking in, and then trying to find milk the next morning. A young lady at the morning breakfast offered to let me buy some 2% milk! which I declined. I chose to head out to Paul's to get skim. So, this experience was pleasant and accommodating. But, the check-in process was weak, and the woman was pretty rude when we politely requested an upper floor. Either you can or you can't, but you don't need to question a guest about why they requested what they did.
I believe they can get away with this kind of product and service because they likely have close to full occupancy simply due to their location and perhaps being one of a few choices. But I would caution travelers to steer clear of this place if you can. This is the first review I've written but my experience was so poor, I needed to share my experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Large rooms, onsite Spa and Restaurant, indoor & outdoor pools, and gorgeous scenic views. Just minutes from several state parks, beaches and local attractions. We are the ideal venue for your Lake of the Ozarks business meeting, wedding, banquet or special event. Our skilled staff of professional event planners will make it an event to remember! We can host small groups or groups as large as 1,000! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Country Club Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Country Club Hotel And Spa
- Country Club Hotel Lake Ozark
- Country Hotel Lake Ozark
- Country Club Hotel & Spa Lake Of The Ozarks, MO - Lake Ozark