“Don't do it!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 13 Hotels in Lake Ozark
Missouri
“Don't do it!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

Stayed Oct 18, 2013 - there for a conference. Booking was easy. First impression was amazing. Didn't last long unfortunately. Walked onto the 2nd floor and noted the hallway carpet looked like someone had vomited all up and down the hall - entered the room and was greeted by a smell as soon as we entered the room. My roommate opened the curtains and we immediately saw beige carpet that had more dirty spots than clean. Literally, filth! Went into the bathroom and noted dirt in the corners, peeling drywall with holes and caulking around the tub that had been done by an amateur. We were headed to a conference so didn't have much time so went to the restaurant to grab a quick supper. Other than being extremely slow (close to an hour), the food was good. Went to the conference and finished about 9:00; asked at the desk about the pool. Told they close when the spa closed - 9:00 on a Friday night! So sorry - try again at 6:00 a.m. We went to the pool area to see if it would be worth it - water was cold. The hot tub was "down for repairs" and looked like it had been down for a while; it looked like the kind of portable hot tub someone would have at home; Not what I would have expected at a high end hotel. Next morning, I did go and ask for the manager - was told I was speaking to the front desk manager. I mentioned that I travel for work several times a year and had never been to a hotel that would actually put guests in a room that had carpet that dirty. He said he would adjust my bill - Not what I was looking for; I wanted reassurance that this was not the norm. He said he would contact the housekeeping supervisor immediately. I waited about 15 minutes and then went to my room, 2022. There were about 5 housekeepers immediately across from my room through double doors that obviously had an outdoor entrance. They were having a good old time, sounded like a party, smoking outside. Didn't see anyone check the room. They were standing directly in the area of the hall that was so disgusting and appeared oblivious to the stains on the carpet! Also, shower - no hot water, lukewarm at best! So for a room that was over $100 which is definitely on the higher side for a hotel in this area - wouldn't stay here again.

Room Tip: Has a beautiful view - that's about all I can say that is good - sorry.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Polish first
Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

Watch your bills.... I reserved my room for a two night stay online a week in advance. When we arrived, I checked in and the amount on my bill was more than I had been quoted online. Luckily I had my receipt from my reservation. I showed it to the front desk and she quickly corrected it. After this our stay was without incident until we went to checkout. Terry was at the front desk when I checked out. She has NO customer service skills whatsoever. My bill was incorrect again! She did nothing to remedy the situation. Luckily, I had my receipt in hand again to prove the price I was quoted. I should have not had to due this once, but twice is totally unacceptable. Even after she read the note from the person who checked me in. She was rude and totally unprofessional. I was very disappointed. I left what should have been a relaxing weekend even more stressed because of the situation.
The property is run down but is suitable for the quoted price and the size of the room. I just should not have had to deal with upcharges. We will not be staying here again all because of the service received!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Osage Beach, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

I stayed for 2 nights in a Jr. Suite and found it very spacious. The furniture was a bit outdated, but the bed and couch were comfortable and the rooms and fitness center were clean with the exception of a few stains on the carpet. I read some of the other reviews before I came and I think some of them are kind of harsh. This is a quiet setting and the price was reasonable. Very friendly staff.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
CountryClubManager, General Manager at Country Club Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Hello Brandy B

I would like to thank you for taking your time to tell us about your visit to the Country Club Hotel & Spa. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay and that you were comfortable in your accomodations. With new ownership that came in the last week of August, we are looking forward to making some improvements that will address the couple of issues that you noted. We are certainly looking forward to hosting your again in the future at the Country Club Hotel & Spa.

Ottumwa, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

Spent four days in a two bedroom villa at Country Club Hotel and spa. Making the reservations was a snap and everyone was very nice to deal with. Our room was ready 2 hours earlier then expected and check in was quick and easy. We had a ground floor unit with a pool outside our back door. WHile dated in the interior it was clean and very spacious and the large screened in porch and the grill on the front deck made it a complete package. Last year we had stayed in a jr suite in the motel part and this year we wanted to accomodate more people. THe bedroom's and bathrooms were on the opposite end from one another so privacy was very nice. We had problems with the television in the living room but one call and a maintence person was there within 5 minutes to fix the problem. We had a nice kitchen with all the appliances we needed for our stay. The only thing that really needed to be improved was the peeling wallpaper in the bathrooms and newer larger flat screen TV's. We will definately stay there again next year. The location to the strip was only a short 5 minute drive. The grounds were quiet with no traffic noise.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Dear BHENDRED

Thank you visiting with us during Bikefest 2013. We appreciate your comments on your stay at the Country Club Hotel & Spa. It is our goal to provide the best service of any facility in the Lake of the Ozarks area to each and every guest. As of late August, the Country Club Hotel & Spa has a new owner and we are looking forward to a number of improvements as time goes on to address the couple of issues you noted in your review. We truly look forward to seeing you again for Bikefest 2014 and hope the weather cooporates then as well as it did this year.

Kansas City, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Had a nice stay at The Country Club. This is my second time visiting. I really enjoy their spa services. Mostly it's the spa staff that are great. They know how to give a massage. I have to say that the food is good at their restaurant "Raffertys" but the service has never met my expectations. The bartender however is very professional.

Room Tip: Check out their packages. The Romance package was the way to go.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
CountryClubManager, General Manager at Country Club Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Dear Ririver

Thank you for taking your time to comment on your stay at the Country Club Hotel. We appreciate your comments and evaluation of our facility and it is with guests like yourself that helps us identify our short coming and helps us improve. We are pleased that your found your stay to be an overall pleasureable experience and look forward to your next visit with us.

Sincerely
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

There 2 nights for a conference. The staff is great but the hotel is very outdated and the food is beyond terrible. The food is worse than a nursing home would have. The hotel also stinks in certain places.

• Stayed August 2013
Columbia, Missouri, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

i and a few friends just stayed there for the fourth of july, we had a 2 bedroom condo. the place was terrible it is supposed to be a resort, i felt like i was staying in a cheap motel. there was gum stuck to the wall behind the couch,the tv's were super small and one was from 1981 the other maybe 95?,no dvd player,the smaller of the two rooms didnt even have a tv even though there was a cable in the drawer to hook up the vcr to the tv. there was a screened in patio on the back of the condo no way to close the windows therefore the carpet was molded and crusty there was only cheap plastic furniture out there 2 chairs a little bitty table and a cheap lawn chair type recliner there was a storage closet on the patio with a mattress inside with what looked like pee stains all over it. there was an extra (yellow) ligh tbulb in a drawer for the patio light that didnt work there were scuff marks on the walls,looks like it hadnt been painted in years the bathroom fan when turned on sounded like the brakes on a car grinding together after the break pads were gone...oh the patio door needed to be wd40'd or just plain replaced you could barely close it and it was so foggy you could hardly see through it..........the only positive about this place is that you can swim all night if you wanted, and i dont know that for a fact they said you could ask the front desk attendant to swim at any time and they would let you into the indoor pool i didnt try to see if it where true...............overall i would not recommend this place to anyone and i will never be staying there again.....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Country Club Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!