“BIKEFEST 2013” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 13 Hotels in Lake Ozark
Ottumwa, Iowa
“BIKEFEST 2013”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

Spent four days in a two bedroom villa at Country Club Hotel and spa. Making the reservations was a snap and everyone was very nice to deal with. Our room was ready 2 hours earlier then expected and check in was quick and easy. We had a ground floor unit with a pool outside our back door. WHile dated in the interior it was clean and very spacious and the large screened in porch and the grill on the front deck made it a complete package. Last year we had stayed in a jr suite in the motel part and this year we wanted to accomodate more people. THe bedroom's and bathrooms were on the opposite end from one another so privacy was very nice. We had problems with the television in the living room but one call and a maintence person was there within 5 minutes to fix the problem. We had a nice kitchen with all the appliances we needed for our stay. The only thing that really needed to be improved was the peeling wallpaper in the bathrooms and newer larger flat screen TV's. We will definately stay there again next year. The location to the strip was only a short 5 minute drive. The grounds were quiet with no traffic noise.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
CountryClubManager, General Manager at Country Club Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Dear BHENDRED

Thank you visiting with us during Bikefest 2013. We appreciate your comments on your stay at the Country Club Hotel & Spa. It is our goal to provide the best service of any facility in the Lake of the Ozarks area to each and every guest. As of late August, the Country Club Hotel & Spa has a new owner and we are looking forward to a number of improvements as time goes on to address the couple of issues you noted in your review. We truly look forward to seeing you again for Bikefest 2014 and hope the weather cooporates then as well as it did this year.

Ron Schlicht

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Polish first
Kansas City, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Had a nice stay at The Country Club. This is my second time visiting. I really enjoy their spa services. Mostly it's the spa staff that are great. They know how to give a massage. I have to say that the food is good at their restaurant "Raffertys" but the service has never met my expectations. The bartender however is very professional.

Room Tip: Check out their packages. The Romance package was the way to go.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
CountryClubManager, General Manager at Country Club Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Dear Ririver

Thank you for taking your time to comment on your stay at the Country Club Hotel. We appreciate your comments and evaluation of our facility and it is with guests like yourself that helps us identify our short coming and helps us improve. We are pleased that your found your stay to be an overall pleasureable experience and look forward to your next visit with us.

Sincerely
Ron Schlicht
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

There 2 nights for a conference. The staff is great but the hotel is very outdated and the food is beyond terrible. The food is worse than a nursing home would have. The hotel also stinks in certain places.

• Stayed August 2013
Columbia, Missouri, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

i and a few friends just stayed there for the fourth of july, we had a 2 bedroom condo. the place was terrible it is supposed to be a resort, i felt like i was staying in a cheap motel. there was gum stuck to the wall behind the couch,the tv's were super small and one was from 1981 the other maybe 95?,no dvd player,the smaller of the two rooms didnt even have a tv even though there was a cable in the drawer to hook up the vcr to the tv. there was a screened in patio on the back of the condo no way to close the windows therefore the carpet was molded and crusty there was only cheap plastic furniture out there 2 chairs a little bitty table and a cheap lawn chair type recliner there was a storage closet on the patio with a mattress inside with what looked like pee stains all over it. there was an extra (yellow) ligh tbulb in a drawer for the patio light that didnt work there were scuff marks on the walls,looks like it hadnt been painted in years the bathroom fan when turned on sounded like the brakes on a car grinding together after the break pads were gone...oh the patio door needed to be wd40'd or just plain replaced you could barely close it and it was so foggy you could hardly see through it..........the only positive about this place is that you can swim all night if you wanted, and i dont know that for a fact they said you could ask the front desk attendant to swim at any time and they would let you into the indoor pool i didnt try to see if it where true...............overall i would not recommend this place to anyone and i will never be staying there again.....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Joplin, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

I stayed in one of the two bedroom condo/villas (221) this passed weekend for the 2013 Lake Race. This condo is in desperate need of some updates. The bed is really hard, the pillows smash completely flat when you lay your head on them, the dresser is old and the drawers barely work, the 18" TV didn't cut it in the master room, the shower in the master is TINY, the flooring needs replaced, along with the sofa set and all comforter sets. I could go on but you get my point.

We stayed Friday night and Saturday night as a guest with a friend of ours. When we got up Sunday morning he told us he was instructed that we could leave our belongings for the day as the room was ours Sunday night, as well. We were in a huge hurry so we left our stuff in the room and came back after the races were finished around 4pm to pack. When I got there the room key did not work so I went to the front desk. The lady at the front desk was extremely rude to me when she found out I was a guest in 221. She told me we were supposed to be gone by 12pm and that the room was already rented to the next guests. I told her I was a guest with the gentlemen who had reserved the room and he had told us that we were fine for one more night. She replied with "Well who told you that was okay!?" and a few other rude and disrespectful comments like "I don't know you from Adam, why should I give you a key to that room." etc... I simply asked for my key to be fixed so I could get my stuff and get out. We packed in about 5 minutes and left the place.

Fast forward four hours later to 8pm as we were pulling out of town I had realized I left multiple personal items in one of the dresser drawers. Jewelry, medicine, eyeglasses, sunglasses, bathing suits, car keys, etc. I called the front desk frantic and told her what I had done. She told me she would forward me to housekeeping to leave a message and that no one else was on the property that could help me find my stuff. I told her we were turning around and we would be there shortly. When I arrived she gave me a key to 221 so I could check to see if it was somehow overlooked by housekeeping and still in the drawer. It was not there. I went straight back to the front desk and explained that the friend who we were staying with was transferred to another room and that the housekeepers had packed his belongings and moved them for him... and maybe they had transferred my stuff, too. I got him on the phone and he gave her permission to give me a key to his new room. I ran to the room and it was there! The housekeepers had put it all in a trash bag and set it on the bed in the new room. I was absolutely thrilled/relieved/thankful that the housekeepers did not misplace my belongings or my worst nightmare... steal anything. I had nearly $2,000 in personal belongings in that drawer and everything was accounted for.

Room Tip: Hotel is better than the condo/villas
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Saint Louis, Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

We went in the summer of 2012. This place was given the best review by some picky people, so should have been fine. We checked in in the afternoon, and noticed that there were an abundance of chairs in the room, but no table. Odd, but ok. WHen we went to use the bathroom, there was a knob on the door, but nothing from the door that would have kept it closed! There was no latch. Thankfully it was only my husband and me! We got back later and when we tried to sleep the bed was lumpy-like there was no way to sleep there. We called the front desk and they said all the mattresses were the same in all the rooms. After tossing and turning (and a but of swearing!) I unmade the bed to find that the mattress pad was all bunched up, so we smoothed that-no more lumps, but the bed jiggled whenever we turned over. Have never had such a terrible night's sleep. The nextmorning was not better-NO WATER. After an hour or so I guess they got it fixed and we were able to shower. It was a miserable night, noone offered anything as a courtesy. We were suppsoed to stay one more night, but left that evening and drove home. Have no idea how they stay in business!

Room Tip: stay in a different hotel!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

I got stuck staying in one of the condos/villas here during a recent conference. I had stayed in the hotel during some previous conferences, and it was okay. I can't say the same about the condos. They're grossly overpriced, poorly maintained, contain furnishings even more dated than the main hotel, and they're not very clean. I found live bugs on the floor and dead bugs in the light fixtures. The walls were poorly patched and then touched up with paint that wasn't even the same color. The inside of the fridge was broken. The screen on the back porch had large tear in it. The carpet was stained in numerous places. The TVs are like tiny dorm room TVs from about 20 years ago. I could go on, but just look at my photos. They speak for themselves.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Been to Country Club Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!