“Gross! Don't go!” 1 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   301 Carol Road, PO Box 1599, Lake Ozark, MO 65049   |
Ranked #9 of 13 Hotels in Lake Ozark
“Gross! Don't go!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

There 2 nights for a conference. The staff is great but the hotel is very outdated and the food is beyond terrible. The food is worse than a nursing home would have. The hotel also stinks in certain places.

• Stayed August 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Polish first
Columbia, Missouri, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

i and a few friends just stayed there for the fourth of july, we had a 2 bedroom condo. the place was terrible it is supposed to be a resort, i felt like i was staying in a cheap motel. there was gum stuck to the wall behind the couch,the tv's were super small and one was from 1981 the other maybe 95?,no dvd player,the smaller of the two rooms didnt even have a tv even though there was a cable in the drawer to hook up the vcr to the tv. there was a screened in patio on the back of the condo no way to close the windows therefore the carpet was molded and crusty there was only cheap plastic furniture out there 2 chairs a little bitty table and a cheap lawn chair type recliner there was a storage closet on the patio with a mattress inside with what looked like pee stains all over it. there was an extra (yellow) ligh tbulb in a drawer for the patio light that didnt work there were scuff marks on the walls,looks like it hadnt been painted in years the bathroom fan when turned on sounded like the brakes on a car grinding together after the break pads were gone...oh the patio door needed to be wd40'd or just plain replaced you could barely close it and it was so foggy you could hardly see through it..........the only positive about this place is that you can swim all night if you wanted, and i dont know that for a fact they said you could ask the front desk attendant to swim at any time and they would let you into the indoor pool i didnt try to see if it where true...............overall i would not recommend this place to anyone and i will never be staying there again.....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Joplin, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

I stayed in one of the two bedroom condo/villas (221) this passed weekend for the 2013 Lake Race. This condo is in desperate need of some updates. The bed is really hard, the pillows smash completely flat when you lay your head on them, the dresser is old and the drawers barely work, the 18" TV didn't cut it in the master room, the shower in the master is TINY, the flooring needs replaced, along with the sofa set and all comforter sets. I could go on but you get my point.

We stayed Friday night and Saturday night as a guest with a friend of ours. When we got up Sunday morning he told us he was instructed that we could leave our belongings for the day as the room was ours Sunday night, as well. We were in a huge hurry so we left our stuff in the room and came back after the races were finished around 4pm to pack. When I got there the room key did not work so I went to the front desk. The lady at the front desk was extremely rude to me when she found out I was a guest in 221. She told me we were supposed to be gone by 12pm and that the room was already rented to the next guests. I told her I was a guest with the gentlemen who had reserved the room and he had told us that we were fine for one more night. She replied with "Well who told you that was okay!?" and a few other rude and disrespectful comments like "I don't know you from Adam, why should I give you a key to that room." etc... I simply asked for my key to be fixed so I could get my stuff and get out. We packed in about 5 minutes and left the place.

Fast forward four hours later to 8pm as we were pulling out of town I had realized I left multiple personal items in one of the dresser drawers. Jewelry, medicine, eyeglasses, sunglasses, bathing suits, car keys, etc. I called the front desk frantic and told her what I had done. She told me she would forward me to housekeeping to leave a message and that no one else was on the property that could help me find my stuff. I told her we were turning around and we would be there shortly. When I arrived she gave me a key to 221 so I could check to see if it was somehow overlooked by housekeeping and still in the drawer. It was not there. I went straight back to the front desk and explained that the friend who we were staying with was transferred to another room and that the housekeepers had packed his belongings and moved them for him... and maybe they had transferred my stuff, too. I got him on the phone and he gave her permission to give me a key to his new room. I ran to the room and it was there! The housekeepers had put it all in a trash bag and set it on the bed in the new room. I was absolutely thrilled/relieved/thankful that the housekeepers did not misplace my belongings or my worst nightmare... steal anything. I had nearly $2,000 in personal belongings in that drawer and everything was accounted for.

Room Tip: Hotel is better than the condo/villas
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Saint Louis, Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

We went in the summer of 2012. This place was given the best review by some picky people, so should have been fine. We checked in in the afternoon, and noticed that there were an abundance of chairs in the room, but no table. Odd, but ok. WHen we went to use the bathroom, there was a knob on the door, but nothing from the door that would have kept it closed! There was no latch. Thankfully it was only my husband and me! We got back later and when we tried to sleep the bed was lumpy-like there was no way to sleep there. We called the front desk and they said all the mattresses were the same in all the rooms. After tossing and turning (and a but of swearing!) I unmade the bed to find that the mattress pad was all bunched up, so we smoothed that-no more lumps, but the bed jiggled whenever we turned over. Have never had such a terrible night's sleep. The nextmorning was not better-NO WATER. After an hour or so I guess they got it fixed and we were able to shower. It was a miserable night, noone offered anything as a courtesy. We were suppsoed to stay one more night, but left that evening and drove home. Have no idea how they stay in business!

Room Tip: stay in a different hotel!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Kansas City, Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

I got stuck staying in one of the condos/villas here during a recent conference. I had stayed in the hotel during some previous conferences, and it was okay. I can't say the same about the condos. They're grossly overpriced, poorly maintained, contain furnishings even more dated than the main hotel, and they're not very clean. I found live bugs on the floor and dead bugs in the light fixtures. The walls were poorly patched and then touched up with paint that wasn't even the same color. The inside of the fridge was broken. The screen on the back porch had large tear in it. The carpet was stained in numerous places. The TVs are like tiny dorm room TVs from about 20 years ago. I could go on, but just look at my photos. They speak for themselves.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

Weve visited this hotel 3 times now. I guess it says something that we keep coming back- but next visit to the lake we may change where we stay. The hotel itself is indeed dated, but the rooms are very generously sized for the price. We wish they had updated fixtures & technology. We have stayed in a jr. Suite each time and they are spacious. Not the most comfortable bed, but definitely not the worst I've slept on. The bathroom did have some water damage on the ceiling. I will say their curtains truly do block out any sunlight (great if you want to sleep in!) There is an indoor pool and hot tub (& outdoor pool), we did not use either this time. The location is pretty nice. Close to shopping and restaurants, but not so close it's noisy. Overall it is really a good value for your money, we just wish it was a little more up to date.

• Stayed March 2013
Saint Louis, Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

My best friend and I decided to have a "girls weekend" over Valentine's Day weekend. I have never been to The Lake of the Ozarks before and was very excited. We booked a room with two queen beds for two nights. We arrived at the hotel at 9:30pm on Friday night and checked in. We thought it strange that we would have to go DOWN to our room, but didn't think further than that. We arrived at level 1 and walked down the COLD hallways to our room. We walked in to find one king sized bed only. I went back upstairs to let the front desk know that our room was incorrect. We were told that the couch pulled out into a bed...to which I replied that I had ordered two queens. The two ladies behind the desk fumbled through some paperwork and the head lady told me that all the queens were taken, but they could take a roll away bed down to our room. She spoke with her supervisor while I was standing there and said that there wasn't anything else available. We were very frustrated and were just ready to go to bed, so agreed to the roll away bed. She said that they would get it fixed in the morning. I left only to realize that we had left our key cards upstairs at the front desk. I returned to ask for them and asked one more time if there was something else they could do. She flipped thru the books and computer again and said that she would just put me in a junior suite. She also told me that I needed to come downstairs the next morning and tell the manager that I threw a fit, that I refused to stay in the room since it was not what I ordered. I didn't go speak with the manager, I was truly offended that I would have to approach him when they were aware of how unhappy I was. We ended up staying in the junior suite (a king bed and pull out couch) and never heard a peep from management or the front desk. I will NEVER stay at this hotel again. Beyond the room fiasco, the cold hallways, and the rooms in the BASEMENT the jacuzzi that they advertise is ridiculous. It is a backyard jacuzzi that will fit 4 people at best. This was, by far, the worst experience I've ever had at a hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Country Club Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!