“Country club spa & hotel” 4 of 5 stars

You added Country Club Hotel & Spa to your Saves list
Country Club Hotel & Spa
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   301 Carol Road, PO Box 1599, Lake Ozark, MO 65049   |
Ranked #8 of 13 hotels in Lake Ozark
“Country club spa & hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

Weve visited this hotel 3 times now. I guess it says something that we keep coming back- but next visit to the lake we may change where we stay. The hotel itself is indeed dated, but the rooms are very generously sized for the price. We wish they had updated fixtures & technology. We have stayed in a jr. Suite each time and they are spacious. Not the most comfortable bed, but definitely not the worst I've slept on. The bathroom did have some water damage on the ceiling. I will say their curtains truly do block out any sunlight (great if you want to sleep in!) There is an indoor pool and hot tub (& outdoor pool), we did not use either this time. The location is pretty nice. Close to shopping and restaurants, but not so close it's noisy. Overall it is really a good value for your money, we just wish it was a little more up to date.

• Stayed March 2013

113 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Polish first
Saint Louis, Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

My best friend and I decided to have a "girls weekend" over Valentine's Day weekend. I have never been to The Lake of the Ozarks before and was very excited. We booked a room with two queen beds for two nights. We arrived at the hotel at 9:30pm on Friday night and checked in. We thought it strange that we would have to go DOWN to our room, but didn't think further than that. We arrived at level 1 and walked down the COLD hallways to our room. We walked in to find one king sized bed only. I went back upstairs to let the front desk know that our room was incorrect. We were told that the couch pulled out into a bed...to which I replied that I had ordered two queens. The two ladies behind the desk fumbled through some paperwork and the head lady told me that all the queens were taken, but they could take a roll away bed down to our room. She spoke with her supervisor while I was standing there and said that there wasn't anything else available. We were very frustrated and were just ready to go to bed, so agreed to the roll away bed. She said that they would get it fixed in the morning. I left only to realize that we had left our key cards upstairs at the front desk. I returned to ask for them and asked one more time if there was something else they could do. She flipped thru the books and computer again and said that she would just put me in a junior suite. She also told me that I needed to come downstairs the next morning and tell the manager that I threw a fit, that I refused to stay in the room since it was not what I ordered. I didn't go speak with the manager, I was truly offended that I would have to approach him when they were aware of how unhappy I was. We ended up staying in the junior suite (a king bed and pull out couch) and never heard a peep from management or the front desk. I will NEVER stay at this hotel again. Beyond the room fiasco, the cold hallways, and the rooms in the BASEMENT the jacuzzi that they advertise is ridiculous. It is a backyard jacuzzi that will fit 4 people at best. This was, by far, the worst experience I've ever had at a hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

The hotel is definitely dated, but very clean. I stayed in a junior suite, which is a good size. It is like a big hotel room. The furnishings are nice, but not modern. The tv is very small for the room size & not a flat screen. The bed was adequate, firm mattress. I did not go in the pool, but it is a good size and looks nice. The hot tub was drained the weekend I went (mid February). I ordered room service. The food was acceptable. The staff are all very nice. I arrived early & there was no problem with checking in early.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

I stayed at this hotel, as I won a free night stay from their Facebook page. I must say that I am glad that I only had to pay a $12.00 pet fee. The room we stayed in was quite large, but it was not clean. The carpet had numerous stains and you could see the dust/dirt on the surfaces in the room. I tried to take a picture out of the sliding window and ended up having to open it due to the dirt film that was on the window. The bathroom left a lot to be desired, the ceiling was literally falling down and it could use a good scrubbing. There were also a TON of cigarette butts immediately outside the room.

The pool was large but it was freezing and there were no towels available in the pool area or anyone around to get a towel from. (The one lady we did find could not find any towels and was going to go up to another floor to get some, but by then we were freezing and a trip back to our room was faster.)

Another issue during our stay was the noise above us. At about 2 AM we woke up to very disruptive noises.

We were woken up again at 5 to the sound of the trash truck picking up the trash and BANGING the dumpster repeatedly!

The one thing we did enjoy were the deer that frequented the property.

All in all, I would not return to this hotel nor recommend it. I understand that they are continually working to upgrade the hotel but I don't think that should be an excuse for dirty rooms. Even though the furnishings were dated, I would take dated furnishings for a clean room any day.

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room, it may be cleaner.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

I got a wonderful deal throught Groupon. For 2 nights I got to stay at the County Club and it was excellent. I stayed in a junior suite, which was very clean and spacious, got a $50.00 dining credit and I also got to enjoy the wonderful spa services. Rhonda and Mya are awesome. The best massage I ever had. I can't wait to go back. They even have a full scale gym, raquetball courts ans Suana. Not just a few machines like most other places.

Room Tip: The rooms were very quite. I stayed on the back side facing the lake.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Jefferson City, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

The junior suites are a nice size with plenty of room to stretch out and relax. Some of the furishings could use updating. The tv looked out of proportion for the size of the room you have. They have a nice size pool for you to get some downtime in. Overall this is still a great place for a off season weekend getaway and the rates were great!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Sacramento, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

The staff member upon entrance was very nice (one lady) Check-in was smooth. But some large event was occurring and staff members totally ignored us on those nights-I was told by one lady she wasn't service staff , was off the clock and new- unwilling to give us information or point us in the right direction. We have encountered this kind of attitude before but not expected in such a low end hotel. Service should be their main goal. The wifi never worked but they said a tech was coming to fix it. Other then that, room (suite) were nice-but we needed extra pillows to stay comfortable. Not much to do, we tried the spa (but the hours are odd, due to the "season" we were told) We wanted a wine basket but were unable to purchase one from the hotel, we could only buy wine from the bar. They did offer room service, which was nice. Checkout easy as well, breakfast was okay for the price.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Country Club Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!