“Needs a good cleaning” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 13 Hotels in Lake Ozark
Kansas City, Missouri
“Needs a good cleaning”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

I stayed at this hotel, as I won a free night stay from their Facebook page. I must say that I am glad that I only had to pay a $12.00 pet fee. The room we stayed in was quite large, but it was not clean. The carpet had numerous stains and you could see the dust/dirt on the surfaces in the room. I tried to take a picture out of the sliding window and ended up having to open it due to the dirt film that was on the window. The bathroom left a lot to be desired, the ceiling was literally falling down and it could use a good scrubbing. There were also a TON of cigarette butts immediately outside the room.

The pool was large but it was freezing and there were no towels available in the pool area or anyone around to get a towel from. (The one lady we did find could not find any towels and was going to go up to another floor to get some, but by then we were freezing and a trip back to our room was faster.)

Another issue during our stay was the noise above us. At about 2 AM we woke up to very disruptive noises.

We were woken up again at 5 to the sound of the trash truck picking up the trash and BANGING the dumpster repeatedly!

The one thing we did enjoy were the deer that frequented the property.

All in all, I would not return to this hotel nor recommend it. I understand that they are continually working to upgrade the hotel but I don't think that should be an excuse for dirty rooms. Even though the furnishings were dated, I would take dated furnishings for a clean room any day.

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room, it may be cleaner.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Polish first
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

I got a wonderful deal throught Groupon. For 2 nights I got to stay at the County Club and it was excellent. I stayed in a junior suite, which was very clean and spacious, got a $50.00 dining credit and I also got to enjoy the wonderful spa services. Rhonda and Mya are awesome. The best massage I ever had. I can't wait to go back. They even have a full scale gym, raquetball courts ans Suana. Not just a few machines like most other places.

Room Tip: The rooms were very quite. I stayed on the back side facing the lake.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Jefferson City, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

The junior suites are a nice size with plenty of room to stretch out and relax. Some of the furishings could use updating. The tv looked out of proportion for the size of the room you have. They have a nice size pool for you to get some downtime in. Overall this is still a great place for a off season weekend getaway and the rates were great!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Sacramento, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

The staff member upon entrance was very nice (one lady) Check-in was smooth. But some large event was occurring and staff members totally ignored us on those nights-I was told by one lady she wasn't service staff , was off the clock and new- unwilling to give us information or point us in the right direction. We have encountered this kind of attitude before but not expected in such a low end hotel. Service should be their main goal. The wifi never worked but they said a tech was coming to fix it. Other then that, room (suite) were nice-but we needed extra pillows to stay comfortable. Not much to do, we tried the spa (but the hours are odd, due to the "season" we were told) We wanted a wine basket but were unable to purchase one from the hotel, we could only buy wine from the bar. They did offer room service, which was nice. Checkout easy as well, breakfast was okay for the price.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Savannah, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

At first glace, it is obvious that this hotel was THE PLACE when it first opened. Unfortunately, overtime, needed upgrades to the furniture and property have not been made to keep it up-to-date, lowering the appeal of the hotel. For the most part, it is a great place with huge Jr. Suites, spa services, and affordable packages. However, the bedding seems to be the original bedspreads from the 70's or 80's and need to be burned. There are old school TV's and telephones in the bathroom (why?), and some of the decor suggests that a makeover is long overdue. With a little paint, furniture changes, and new bed spreads, this hotel could once again be ideal. Other perks include a cozy restaurant, a recreation area, and a pool with side whirlpool. Other cons, the pullout beds are NOT comfortable. On a final note, the walls are not very sound proof so pray to have quiet guest next door. As for me, I did not.
Would I stay there again? Certainly. Would I recommend it? Probably.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Independence, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stayed for 9 days and nights and found our Junior Suite to be the finest we have stayed in. We had a fridge, sink and comfortable kitchen bar, along with 3 phones and 2 TVs in the suite. Two sinks made morning preparations easier. The large bathroom was conveniently located and was kept immaculate by the housekeeping staff! Our king-sized bed was very comfortable each and every night. My favorite part of the Resort was the indoor, heated swimming pool. I used it nearly every day and enjoyed the hot tub after each swim to relax my muscles. The restaurant staff went above and beyond to meet all our wants and needs. We will definitely return to the Country Club Hotel & Spa for another stay!!!

Room Tip: When you choose a Jr. Suite, you will not be disappointed. The Hotel is easy to locate and has beau...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

So the hotel may be a little old, but our room was clean and we had no problems. The staff was fantastic, especially the nice ladies at the front desk and the bartender Brian. The food at the restaurant was great. The pool was perfect for swimming laps in the morning. Overall it was a great stay, especially for the price. Would come back again!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to Country Club Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!