“Do not buy this on Groupon!” 1 of 5 stars

You added Country Club Hotel & Spa to your Saves list
Country Club Hotel & Spa
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   250 Racquet Club Dr, PO Box 1599, Lake Ozark, MO 65049   |
Ranked #10 of 13 Hotels in Lake Ozark
“Do not buy this on Groupon!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012 via mobile

Olympic sized pool in glass room with leaks in the ceiling and windows. Parts of the windows duct taped. Actually rained on us when in the pool. Hot tub dirty. Rooms being worked on. Non-complete. We had a piece of new tile dropped into the bathroom floor, no mortar, no grout. New trim, not painted. Dirty floors. Room service nachos so cold the cheese not even melted. Yuck all the way around.

• Stayed May 2012
CountryClubManager, General Manager at Country Club Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
I appreciate the time you took to let us know about your experience at the Country Club Hotel. I am sorry we did not meet your expectations and you were disappointed with our accommodations. You were correct that the rooms are being worked on but were not yet complete in May of 2012. This is a lengthy process and we continue to our improvement plan even now in October. As for your room service experience there is no excuse for cold food even as a room service. There have been changes made in the kitchen staff and I am confident if you were to give us another opportunity you would find the quality of the food has greatly improved. The situation of the pool solarium is still being addressed as we are having some difficulty identifying a solution that will fit into capitol budget funds at this time. Thank you again for your comments as we are always looking for feedback to identify areas where we need improve.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Polish first
North Vernon, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

The hotel was nice. Stayed in a Jr.suite, tastefully decorated. The staff was very friendly and willing to please us.
Restaurants food was very good. Value, Location, amenities, customer service worth the price. We will stay there again, and will recommend it. The only improvement would be a laundry facility for rooms without washer and driers.
P.S. All the staff was wonderful, but Neva was exceptional !

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for letting us know about your visit to the Country Club Hotel & Spa. We take a great deal of pride in our property and the service we provide to our guests. We know we are reaching our goal of providing outstanding service when a staff member is named by name by any of our guests. When someone is singled out for service it motivates the entire staff. We hope we are able to serve you again in time to come.
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

Hotel staff was outstanding. Always responded immediately and with a great attitude - very accommodating. Room was clean, spacious and everything functioned well. We were there 10 days at the end of their season. Beautiful pool. Did not make use of the spa.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for taking time to tell us about your stay at the Country Club Hotel & Spa. It was a real pleasure taking care of you and your group. I had any number of staff members come to me and tell me how much they enjoyed the interaction. It is always a positive experience when a group is in house over an extended period and we are able to get acquainted with our guests. We look forward to seeing you again next year.
Rantoul
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

The hotel was very nice. We stayed in a Jr suite that was very nice. It was roomy and clean and was extremely affordable. The restaurant served us breakfast every morning, which by the way was a hot breakfast and was included in the price of the room. The staff was very accomodating and made you feel right at home. We would come back to the hotel after dark and there would be deer close to the parking lot. It was great. The pool was clean and there is a fitness center on the bottom floor. When I say fitness center, I mean it wasn't just a stationary bike and a treadmill, it was a full fitness center. I would recommend the Country Club Hotel and Spa to anyone who is thinking of spending time at the Lake of the Ozarks.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking your time to share your experience at the Country Club Hotel & Spa. It is comments like yours that give all the staff at the Country Club the motivation to continue and provide a level of service to which other facilities strive to match. Thank you again for your visit to the Country Club and we will look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Saint Louis, Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

We have stayed here before, but may not stay again. We had a villa that had plenty of room, but the carpeting was horrible!!! Needed to be professionally cleaned at least, or replaced at best. There was no dining room table - nice kitchen with a great breakfast bar, (counter top was cracked) but only 2 stools, and they were almost broken. Three bedrooms and only 2 places for people to sit and eat!!! What's wrong with this???? We brought in a patio table and some chairs so that we could have a place to sit. All the walls needed to be painted, holes filled in, and window coverings needed to be replaced. The unit really needed some TLC. We found the staff to be very helpful, but the villa was really in run-down condition. I would need some assurance that the place we had booked had been updated, before we stay there again.

Room Tip: Please make sure that you check first to see if the room has been updated recently.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
CountryClubManager, General Manager at Country Club Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Thank you for your time to comment on your visit to the Country Club Hotel. I am pleased that you brought to my attention our short comings in the unit you stayed in. With so many choices of accommodations at Lake of the Ozarks, it is important that we listen to our guests and take action to make every effort to meet their expectations. In your case, I am sorry we did not meet yours. You have pointed out some very important issues and I hope that by the time you make plans to return those can be addressed and you will give us another opportunity to serve you
Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

I have stayed here several times when visiting my family and friends here at the lake. The person in the last review was WAY WRONG. The parking lot is very adequately lit. The gate to the pool is always open and left open. And if you couldn't get "out" as she stated why not jump the fence? its not like it's very high..maybe waist length. I love the rooms..The jr suite (what she stayed in) is what we always stay in. I sleep better on their beds than I do my sleep number bed at home!! I have never seen employee's outside smoking. The food is great!!

There is nothing wrong with leaving chemicals outside for long periods of time. Esp if they are working on the pool..nor is there nothing wrong with putting a hose in the pool to fill it, esp when we have had several heatwaves.. How else do you want them to fill the pool??

The fountain not working, well I asked about this and was told that they were waiting on a part to come in so it could be fixed. Things do break..I just can not believe people expect perfection every where. Is your house perfect? Do things at your home break? You must be luck if you have never had anything break or need to replace things! The decor is a lil outdated but that's what I found charming and made me feel young again!

This place is GREAT!!!! I love staying here and look forward to staying again soon!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your comments on the Country Club Hotel. There are occasions when we have disappointed a guest and I am always interested in hearing those comments. It is reviews like yours however that gives my staff a lift and makes it feel like all of their hard work as made it worth their effort. It is our goal to provide a memorable experience to everyone that passes through our doors and keep them coming back. We have realized a great deal of success in providing good customer service and are always pleased when a guest has positive things to say about their experience at the Country Club.
Thank you again for your time.
Branson, MO
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012 via mobile

This place is a dump. I m sorry but there are no other words I can use to describe it. Take your hard earned money somewhere else. They painted a couple of walls in the halls in the last 2 years and they keep saying "we are remodeling" when in fact it s all a farce. There isn't any remodeling going on. Very dirty, neglected place. The property has SO MUCH potential but mgmt/ owners do not see it. Don't trust the pictures you see online. They were taken at least 10 years ago. The landscaping in sad, fountain does not work. Parking lot very poorly lit. The outdoor pool was bad. The indoor pool was horrendous. Chemicals were left out for very long period of time: I cannot believe how many employees saw this and did not correct the issue. The pool pump was broken. There was a hose in the pool with water running constantly. How do they pass health department inspections? We also were locked in the pool- no other emergency exit and the locking mechanism was stuck. Husband had to push /pry the doors open in order for us to get out. We did not eat at the "restaurant" bc I wouldn't trust the employees with the food. They spend way more time on the patio smoking then inside the building! They get paid to take smoking breaks! The whole place is just SAD! Dirty, old looking. The room: yuck! Yuck! Yuck! Old mattress and pillows. Sheets were think and dirty looking. The furniture hasn't been cleaned in decades. I m sorry but this place doesn't deserve even 1 star! Very sad. As I mentioned earlier, the property itself has great potential but it needs millions invested before you see me again. Dont stay there!

• Stayed August 2012
I appreciate you taking your valuable time to comment on your visit to the Country Club Hotel. As the General Manager I take all guest comments personal and I will say I am very discouraged by your account. When I took over as GM 2 years ago I took a great deal of time to identify those areas where improvements were called for. Once those areas were identified and prioritized my staff begun in early 2012 putting those plans into motion. I realize that this project may not be moving at a rapid pace but we make every attempt to complete the work in order to cause the least inconvenience to the fewest number of guests. With this said as I am sure you can appreciate, summer is the time of the year when only subtle improvements are underway. Since you stated that “a couple of walls in the halls were painted in the past 2 years” it would lead me to believe you have visited the Country Club in the past. It is unfortunate that many of the improvements that have been made were in “systems” of the hotel such as air conditioning, internet and other equipment type items that do not make a visual impact at this time but are necessary for the comfort and convenience of the guests. We do acknowledge that more improvements need to be made and those plans are in place. I sincerely apologize that your experience did not meet your expectation. As a general rule, comments that have been made regarding the property being somewhat dated are also followed by stating the property is clean and the service is good.
Ron Schlicht

Been to Country Club Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!