“Breakfast at the Toad” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #7 of 46 Restaurants in Lake Ozark
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Late Night
Description: H. Toad’s Bar & Grill is a casual fun place where you will usually find live entertainment on the indoor stage and always a wide variety of food choices. If you’re looking for breakfast, lunch, or dinner, either by boat or by car, this waterfront hot spot is a mainstay at the Lake of the Ozarks. Open year round, H. Toad’s also extends room service to guests at the Camden on the Lake Resort.
Lees Summit
“Breakfast at the Toad”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

Awesome menu, Michelle was our server and blew all of us away with her suggestions and her perfect service!!

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Dallas, Texas
“Horny T's is a Great Name errr... Place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

The establishments name got my attention... so I motored in to the dock and the deck crew had me tied up before I could get off the boat.... what a greeting!
Walked up to the bar and ordered a drink from a very friendly bartender as I was simultaneously asked if I wanted to eat lunch by Michelle..
Well that was amazingly fast service...
but as I told her 'yes' I realized my drink was already in front of me...
I have never been served a drink that fast even if I was fixing it for myself!
As, I was seated I ordered and in minutes I had my hot , appealing meal in front of me... ah wow!...
As I finished my amazingly delicious lunch, I was settled up on the bill and pulling away from the dock in less then 15 minutes!!!!!
I couldn't have driven a vehicle through a fast food chains drive thru that fast!!!
Some kind of Guinness World Record!!!
I'm still waiting for someone to pinch me and wake me up from this marvelous dream!!!
I can't help thinking about the service as I motor back home in my boat...
I'll definitely be back to see if they can break that record for service...
and for the food and drink too... of course...
Oh yeah... I live in Dallas!
I could drive from Dallas to HT's and eat and drive back to Dallas before most restaurants in Dallas would seat me!!!!
And, the atmosphere will have me back again too.. so I can hear the live music on the stage out back!
Or, sit in front of the fireplace on a cold wintery snowy evening!
Oh yeah... I almost forgot, the food was fantastic, the price was perfect, and the staff was super!
Keep up the work!

Visited March 2013
Missouri
“Good atmosphere, but high prices for average food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

I tried H. Toad's for the first time this week based on Tripadvisor reviews, and I was a little disappointed. They charge a premium price for what is essentially bar food. The portions are not very large, and the food doesn't make up for it in taste or presentation. The next day I ordered the same item at nearby H.K's, and the quality was much better, the portion was much larger, the presentation was better, and the price was only $3 more than H. Toad's. Luckily the views are great at H. Toad's, so I did still enjoy my meal. You won't get bad food at H. Toad's, but just don't go in expecting to be wowed by the food because that's not going to happen. If you go in expecting a sports bar atmosphere with great views and average food, then you won't be let down.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Las Tablas, Panama
“A fun place with great variety”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

The menu offered a number of choices from simple fare to fine dining. The facility accomodated both well, but was on the casual side. The cheff was outstanding and many of the sauces are made "in house". Jennifer, our waitress, was excellent. We found the prices to be reasonable for a resort in this area. Quality was excellent and portions were large.

Visited March 2013
Kansas City
“Nice location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Service was very good and the location is very nice...the food is premium bar food, but I wouldn't go out of my way for the food, but the atmosphere is nice....did I say the service was very good???!

• Visited March 2013