“Super view. Fresh remodel wine/cheese bar.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Shawnee Bluff Inn

Shawnee Bluff Inn
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lake Ozark
Shawnee Bluff Inn
You added Shawnee Bluff Inn to your Saves list
2430 Bagnell Dam Blvd, Lake Ozark, MO 65049-9700   |
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Lake Ozark
“Super view. Fresh remodel wine/cheese bar.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012 via mobile

Small but fun. Kick back and just gaize at the unbelieveable view. Then when you have to...crawl into your crackerbox room and sleep for the night. You'll be up early excited to check out the view again!

• Stayed August 2011

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Jefferson City, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012

Why stay here? The view. The are working on the rooms, but they are not there yet. The staff leaves by 9pm and you are on your own, no wine, no ice, no food. You are given a phone number to call for an emergency. There are several deck area's and a nice pool and hot tub. The rooms are small and out dated. But the air worked and the view is perfect. But for now the price is right. Once the rooms are updated, I'm sure the price will go up. The location is nice being close to highway 54 and to the strip. Very relaxing. Best of all...the view. There are NO plug-ins in the bathroom which made using my hair dryer difficult. There is a gas grill for BBQing which adds a nice touch. We hope to stay again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
huntington in
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2010

Before booking, I researched reviews of all lodging in the area. The reviews of the Shawnee Bluff Inn, were....you hate it or you love it. WE LOVE IT. The rooms are tiny, the bathroom is tiny, the closet is tiny. It appears to be a billion years old. If you are looking for an upscale hot time, with a view, go to Vegas and stay on the strip. This place is for REAL people. The View, the balcony, the friendly neighbors. As mentioned above, rooms are small, old, old and older. It's a cottage/cabin atmosphere. The Staff of one, is the best. The view is unparalleled by even the most expensive resorts. This is down home "Petticoat Junction".

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Kansas City, MO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2010

I am always impressed with the multi million dollar view. There is a modern backlit jacuzzi at the motel's lake view rooms patio jutting outword from a bluff to clearly see in two directions, the waterway and evening lighted bridge off in the distance. All at a few steps away from your room looking directly over the lake in the quiet relaxing privacy of this lake side motel. Nice pool too. Rooms are with in reason. I've brought my 19 foot fishing boat and backed it up near the sign and went fishing over the weekends and been able to plug it in overnight. All other motels in this area having the same or similar price that are with in 5 miles are not going to have this view or privacy. Nice people in the office are always accomodating. VERY VERY GOOD AND AN ASSET TO THE LAKE OF THE OZARKS ATTRACTIONS. Eric, Kansas City, MO. Visitor since 2003.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Kansas City, MO
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2009

I am really honest in giving my reviews, so, here goes~my husband thought we needed to stay here for our last nite. This was a spur of the moment trip from the KC area. I usually have a reservation made beforehand, but not this time.
The cons?
Carpet needs to be replaced. Nothing major. Just hardwoods would have been a nice touch.
No outlet in tiny bathroom.
Only a shower stall. NO WAY was I gonna stand in THAT filthy, stained thing!
Teensy tinesy closet. Hope you don't want to hang up a weeks worth of clothes!
No iron/ironing board. No outlet near the low dresser to use as an ironing board.
No blow dryer.
No phone! No biggy. Just odd.
Only one night stand. I had to put my glasses & cell phone on the dresser.
Not enuff lighting in the room. One small lamp & a ceiling light. Dim.
No fridge. We like to bring our own soda & sometimes 'doggy bags'. Nowhere to put these things.
Guests are required to take off/put on cover to hot tub. THAT was fun! Those puppies are heavy!!!
We stayed in #4, also & it was SUPPOSED to be a queen. Nope. Full. Verrrrry uncomfortable!
The pros?
The VIEW! Yes, it is great. I really loved to look at the million dollar homes across the lake!
Less than 5 minutes to our favorite restaurant~JB Hooks.
Clean. This is a must for me to stay ANYwhere. It smelled musty & old, but we opened the windows & after a few hours, it was ok. As I stated before~the carpet was kind of iffy. But, it had been vacuumed.
No bugs! I was very surprised at this!
Nice, clean sheets. Only a sheet & bedspread & I NEVER sleep under the spread.
Quiet. Mostly older guests there.
Hot tub was just ok. Only stayed in it for about 10 minutes.
Nice little concrete deck to sit on. The plastic chairs were totally uncomfortable, but we didn't really mind because of the view.
Ice machine. This was located very close to our cabin.
Although this is a clean place, I don't think I would ever stay there voluntarily again. It is in dire need of an upgrade, but after checkingin THE OWNERS HOUSE, I don't think that will happen anytime soon. I just think it is poor management to not have a separate check-in from the home. You can't just walk in if you have a question. I went to ask where The Horny Toad was & you have to ring the doorbell. I was about to ring it when this old lady opened the door just a little way. Very uninviting.
Their sign states that their rates are $54. Nope. Not if you want a view. We ended up paying $80. Kind of pricey for no more than they offer. We stayed at Baymont Inn the nite before &, although there is no view at all, it was sooooo much nicer for the exact same price!
The only thing this place has going for it are A)Clean & B)The View. If you can get past all the other cons I mentioned, this is the place for you. I give this place a 3~ONLY for the view & cleanliness & no bugs!
Would I recommend this place to others? Probably not. Only as a last resort.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Champaign, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2009

I wanted to start a review on this hotel because it doesn't have a website and is hard to find pics or information on it. We stayed there for 2 nights, 8/7 and 8/8. The motel has 4 small 2 story buildings. It has an outdoor pool and a hot tub. Each room has a little porch with a small table and chairs. We stayed in room 4. There was a widow a/c that was very cold, a queen bed in our room, one side table with a lamp and alarm clock, a dresser, a closet to hang clothes, a small table and a full size coffee maker. The bathroom only has a shower. The bed wasn't the most comfortable and you need to take your own pillows because their's were flat. They also allow smoking and pets in the rooms. Although our room didn't reek of smoke you probably shouldn't stay here if you think that would bother you. With all that being said, the view is phenomenal!! You can probably see 5 miles in both directions. It overlooks the community bridge. For the price we paid, around $80/night, I am sure you would not be able to get a better view anywhere. We stayed 2 nights here and 2 nights at another "resort" that was about a mile away because we were keeping our boat there. I did review that hotel also. After staying at both we agreed that we would stay at the Shawnee Bluff in when we returned because of the view. It was so nice to sit on the porch in the morning or evening and watch the boats go by. Unfortunetly I did not take pics of the inside of the room but I did post pics of the outside. So if you are looking for someplace plush and fluffy do not stay here but for a clean room with an awesome view this is your place. If you have any questions please message me and if you have stayed here please start adding reviews.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Shawnee Bluff Inn? Share your experiences!