“Great Meal and Service” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Baxter's Lakeside Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 45 Restaurants in Lake Ozark
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Good for: Entertaining clients, Bar scene, Romantic, Doing business, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Dessert, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: An authentic American restaurant with a great bar … That’s the idea behind Baxter’s. We’re perfect for just about any dining occasion or gathering that calls for great food, warm, personal service and an inviting, casual atmosphere. Our classic American restaurant builds on the rich history and tradition the Lake Area is known for. We use only the finest, freshest ingredients, coupled with personal service and warm, inviting surroundings. We’re happy to bring this dining experience to the Lake of the Ozarks. Baxter’s is the perfect place for a business or casual lunch, a special evening out, a family get together after a long day on the Lake, or “just because.” We can accommodate most any group — from an intimate dinner for two to a business or family party — in our private dining room. And don’t forget our classic American bar, one of the Lake’s great places to meet friends and family.
Basehor, Kansas
“Great Meal and Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

Highly recommend this restaurant. We booked our reservation online, were seated on time, the service was first rate, and the food was excellent for the somewhat inflated Ozark Lake prices. This restaurant is better than JB Hooks. Try the grilled trout, really excellent.

Visited August 2013

Pierre, South Dakota
“RUDE RUDE RUDE!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

We have given this restaurant several chances and I have finally learned my lesson. The short hostess has got to be the worst out there. When we arrived she was on the phone and did not even acknowledge us for 10 minutes. By the time she got off there were 10 people waiting to be seated for lunch and her comment was that there is only 1 of her and 10 of us and that she will take care of us 1 at a time. She was so rude, everyone looked at each other in shock. There was also a gentleman that was extremely elderly and handicapped that needed to be seated quickly and was so mistreated.

We then tried the restaurant in the evening and the bartenders just stand there and look at you like you are a burden. When I requested a round of drinks, he just looked at me like "whatever". I just don't get the attitude from this place.

When I let the owner know of the several separate instances, he could care less. His attitude is that he has his wealthy established clients and doesn't care about anybody else.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Ottumwa, Iowa
“Awesome view, good food, but slow service!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

We ate here in the late evening outside on the deck. We got to watch the sun set over the lake while we ate dinner which was amazing! The service was super slow but we didn't mind because of the view and it was a perfect evening the night we ate here. We spent a little over two hours there, so if you are in a hurry I would not recommend this place. The food was good but nothing special. You get huge portions though, we were able to make two meals out of our dinner. They do have a large drink menu. I had a strawberry daiquiri that was delicious. I would recommend if you eat here to eat outside because the view is what made our experience here most enjoyable.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
“Nice Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

My search for fine dining at the Lake lead me to Baxter's and I was not disappointed. We had a great view of the Lake, very good service, didn't feel rushed, and enjoyed the relaxing atmosphere. All of the food was good, including the shrimp pasta I ordered and couldn't finish. My wife had the seafood special and enjoyed it. The ahi appetizer was a nice start!

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Camdenton, Missouri
“Got Sick”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

Everything during our visit seemed fine until later when I got ill. Called Baxters and told the manager what had happened in case he would like to check the shrimp pasta. He said I did not get sick from there and didn't even give me the time of day. I will not be back!!!! Needs better customer service skills.

• Visited August 2012