“Camden on the Lake-Awesome place to stay!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Price
Save Up to 50% Now!
Ranked #1 of 13 hotels in Lake Ozark
Fenton, Missouri
“Camden on the Lake-Awesome place to stay!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

This Hotel is very nice, rooms very well appointed--spa like! Roomy! In all of the guest restrooms--they supply this awesome scrub! The staff are awesome!, Friendly and very accommodating! The beds are very comfortable and the showers are awesome! Clean!
The only negative--in the summer there will be concerts...dont expect to get much sleep, the noise in the hallways can become VERY annoying. (Hence the very good rating--otherwise it would be excellent). The hallways are noisy, I did have to call the front desk during my stay to ask them to clear the hallways of the noise!! They did! staff is awesome.

Room Tip: a room overlooking the lake is very nice!!! elevators are actually quiet! some rooms have fireplace...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dexter W, General Manager at Camden on the Lake Resort, Spa, & Yacht Club, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at the Camden on the lake Resort, we greatly appreciate your patronage and your comments.

Like most successful companies ours is constantly evolving. Last year we were able to make many physical improvements to our resort and are planning more improvements this year. Thanks to constructive comments and suggestions we receive from our guests such as yours, in addition to improvements with our facility we are able to improve our operation and service standards as well. We take all guest comments very seriously.

Yes, we have an outdoor concert stage and we are planning our summer concert series as we speak. We try to learn from our past experiences and are planning to step our security efforts this summer to insure once the concert is over that our guests are able to enjoy a peaceful night sleep.

The staff here at the Camden on the Lake Resort look forward to your return visit. Please do not hesitate to let us know what we can do to accommodate your needs. we look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

268 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Peculiar, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014 via mobile

We have stayed here many times including hosting my sisters wedding at Lazy Gators. The rooms are nice & updated. Do not eat at the restaurant. We've eaten here for breakfast, lunch & dinner and all are bad. The buffet was cold & overpriced for the little amount of food options available. The servers are slow and too busy chatting with each other to help you. The dinner menu is small & the food takes forever to come out. We will be staying elsewhere next year.

• Stayed January 2014
Dear Guest,

We welcome all comments about our hotel, both positive and negative, in order for us to monitor the quality of service and to insure that our services correspond to our customers needs and wants.

I was sorry to read that you found the H. Toads Bar and Grill not up to par. We receive literally thousands of comments from our guests, the majority of which are very positive. We try to cover a broad spectrum of food groups on our menu in addition to our breakfast buffet, but sometimes, it does not meet the expectations of all our guests. Additionally, our employees receive many compliments from our guests for the service they provide, but occasionally there is a failure to meet a guests expectation.

Please accept my sincere apology for failing to meet your needs.

Butler, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

My husband and I have stayed at Camden on the Lake on a couple different occasions and have had very good expierences. The rooms are beautiful. They are like a little condo. We have never stayed more than one night at a time, but the resort would be great for a family vacation with the kitchen and laundry right in the room. When we saw that they offered a New Year's Eve package, we decided this would be a lot of fun. We did enjoy it. They had a wonderful dinner and we enjoyed the band in the bar. After we left the next day and had driven the two and a half hours to get home, I realized that I had left my makeup bag with all my makeup in it hanging in the bathroom. I always double check and absolutely missed it. I immediately called and the front desk said they would go check the room and call me back. Two hours later, I called them back and was told they did not "find" my bag, but would put in a report with head of housekeeping. I was told if they found it they would call me the next day--it was after normal business hours. I assumed I would hear from them the next day saying they had my makeup and bag. I have not heard anything yet and it has now been over a week. The only assumption a person can make is that it was stolen by someone at the hotel. Now, fortunately, I could replace the makeup and a new makeup bag, but it is the principle--my property was stolen. So if you stay here, just know anything left in a room is fair game for someone to take for themselves.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

First and foremost, please accept my sincere apology for our inability to recover your make up bag and return it to you and for the lack of timely communication in responding to you regarding your lost item.

I understand that trust and integrity are critical factors when considering a lodging destination and want to assure you that we have taken appropriate action to insure that this type of incident will not be a reoccurrence. We pride ourselves on being highly professional and very guest service oriented. The situation you described to us is not acceptable and will not be tolerated.

Thank you for taking the time to inform us of your experience. We take all of our guest comments very seriously, good or bad. We have sent you a gift certificate for a complimentary stay and hope to have you as a guest again and allow us to earn back your trust.

Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

My wife and I spent Christmas night and two additional days at this resort hotel. We got this as a buy 2 and get 1 day free special on the web. They informed us up front that the hotel was at a minimum staff as they were allowed off for the Christmas holiday. The paid days were only $169 per day and the third day was free. They also took off the resort fees for us making it a quiet and inexpensive get away for us.
The suite was incredible with a lake view, tv and jetted tub in the spacious bathroom, shower for two, king size bed, balcony, surround sound and kitchenette just to mention a few amenities. We had a private movie theater and the small staff was very attentive to our needs. I'm sure this is a much noisier place in the summer, but it was just perfect for what we wanted. Cannot speak for the atmosphere in the summer but our experience in December was more than outstanding and customer service was incredible. We plan to return. Highly recommend.

Room Tip: The rooms on the end of the floors seem to be the best of them all. Non-lake view are probably a bi...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dexter W, General Manager at Camden on the Lake Resort, Spa, & Yacht Club, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at the Camden on the Lake Resort. I am happy you were able to get away and enjoy our resort during a quiet time. It does in fact get very busy in the summer and we are busy working on our concert schedule for the summer months. We are also busy working on some very special Valentine offers for February, which may be a good reason for you to make a return visit. Please check out our web site for details.

We hope to see you again in the near future

Kansas City, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

It must have been because it was the off season, but the refrigerator did not work right, the toilet ran all night. The cleaning people forgot to leave extra paper products. Just a little annoyance. The stereo surround sound is awesome.

Room Tip: Take your own paper towels, they only provide one small kitchen towel. Also bring spices if you plan...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay at the Camden on the Lake Resort. We take all guest comments very seriously whether they are positive or negative.

I am sorry to hear that we fell short of your expectations with regard to the cleanliness and upkeep of the guestroom. I assure you it has nothing to do with the off season, it should be the exact opposite. We have more time to correct issues and take care of our guests in the winter than we do in the peak of our season. We are in the process of inspecting every guest room and making additional changes to insure that other guests do not have the same experience you had. Please accept my sincere apology for the condition you found your room. I hope you will allow the Camden on the Lake to serve you again in the future if you have the opportunity to return to the Lake of the Ozarks for business or pleasure.

Roeland Park, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

This is the second time we have stayed during the Thanksgiving Holiday with my Family at the Camden. Wonderful accommodations with spacious Suites and the most comfortable Beds. The staff was very attentive and helpful throughout our stay. Highly recommend this beautiful Resort.

Room Tip: Lakeside view rooms are amazing. You have a full wall of Glass to see the sun set.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recommendation, the staff and I really appreciate your kind words. We receive many comments about the comfort of our beds. When my wife and I travel we stay at a franchise that she enjoys and I always wake up in the night with a sore back, so I know how important it is to get a good night sleep.

We have great owners that believe in taking care of our property and we work hard every day making continuous improvements to our resort.

We hope you have an opportunity to come back and visit us again in the near future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013 via mobile

Absolutely amazing stay! The room was great, clean, big, pretty, the bed was sooooo comfy. They had rose petals chocolates and champagne waiting for us when we arrived. Me and my boyfriend stayed here for a little getaway time and we are most definitely staying here everytime we go to the Ozarks. Staff was very pleasant, food was great, drinks were great. Just everything was great. Best hotel we have ever stayed at hands down. It is a little pricey but it is more than worth it!

• Stayed July 2013
Dear Guest,

I am happy to hear that you and your boy friend discovered the Camden on the Lake Resort at the Lake of the Ozarks and were able to take some time for a romantic get away.

We are planning some very special Valentines Day packages in February, which are detailed on our web site. We would love for you to come back and visit us again in the near future. Thank you for taking the time to share your comments.

Dexter Whitney

Been to Camden on the Lake Resort, Spa, & Yacht Club? Share your experiences!