“Dirty & Low Class” 2 of 5 stars

Save Up to 50% Now!
Ranked #1 of 13 hotels in Lake Ozark
“Dirty & Low Class”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

I stayed here from 9/13-9/15, our room was filthy, carpet dirty & stained. Dust on lamp shades & ceiling fan. Blood on sliding glass door curtain. Feces smears on side of toilet. The entire hotel was less than clean!! We paged housekeeping several times for towels etc...never a response. Housekeepers looked like slobs wearing athletic shorts & tank tops. There are no peep holes on door as well, this is 2013, that should be a standard in every room for guest safety. Pretty pricey place for such a low class, dirty experience.

• Stayed September 2013
Dexter W, General Manager at Camden on the Lake Resort, Spa, & Yacht Club, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Dear Guest,

First and Foremost, I would like to express my sincere apologies for the inadequate attention and service you encountered from our Housekeeping department. It is unusual for us to receive a comment such as yours as we pride ourselves on providing a clean and sanitary environment for all of our guests. We do take all guest comments very seriously and make every effort to correct deficiencies when they arise and provide the most consistent level of service possible.

Again, I extend my sincere apologies and please rest assured that this is not the normal manner in which we do business. We look forward to welcoming you again so that we may have the opportunity to redeem ourselves and demonstrate that this experience was the exception rather than the rule.

233 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

The hotel is truly beautiful. We had a room that overlooked the cove yielding a stunning view. The room was exceptionally well equipped, large and comfortable. Staff at the front desk were helpful, courteous and accommodating. If it ended there this would be a five star review. The H Toad restaurant ath the resort simply does not fit the splendor of the rest of the property as it is pretty much a sports bar with a wider choice of mediocre food. Also note that the "Gators" bar across the cove had a band playing until 1:15 in the morning on a Tuesday. I like a party but this was very very loud until the wee hours. I know this was not Camden's fault, but anyone staying here needs to be prepared for these types of disturbances (or fun) depending on your perspective.

Room Tip: Rooms with a view of the cove are magnificent, but potentially noisy from bars surrounding the water
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dexter W, Manager at Camden on the Lake Resort, Spa, & Yacht Club, responded to this review, September 15, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Camden on the Lake Resort. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your room and overall experience at the resort. The Camden on the Lake is the newest resort on the lake and was built as a condominium complex and was attached to the previously existing H-Toads entertainment complex, so the guest rooms are not your standard hotel rooms. Due to the diversity of the guests that stay with us we have chosen to maintain a more casual dining experience at h-Toads in order to accommodate the majority of the guests that stay with us. Thank you again for your feed back, we appreciate your comments.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

It was above and beyond my expectations! Staff were friendly and helpful, room was amazing, view spectacular, and food delicious. The young man at the front desk even loaned me his personal phone charger.

• Stayed August 2013
Dexter W, General Manager at Camden on the Lake Resort, Spa, & Yacht Club, responded to this review, September 15, 2013
We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay at our resort and hope your are able to return for another visit in the near future. Thank you for taking the time to share your comments.
Branson, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

We stayed in one of the amazing 6th floor suites facing the water on Tuesday after Labor Day. The hotel was beautiful, spotless and very quiet. Our room and our view were spectacular! The staff was very friendly and helpful. I would highly recommend it, but after reading the other reviews, maybe it is better during the week.

Room Tip: The backside (facing the lake) is a must.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your recent stay at the Camden on the Lake Resort. We are very happy you enjoyed your stay. The H-Toads entertainment complex, which is attached to the resort has an outdoor stage and does host concerts every weekend through out the summer months. The concerts are generally very well attended and are part of the plan for most of the guests that stay with us. We do provide this information in our welcome letter to let our guests know what to expect prior to their arrival. Thank you again for your comments, we hope you have the opportunity to return soon.
Rosewood Heights, Illinois, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We booked our company trip this year at the resort and it was the most horrible experience of OUR lives, It was like spring break on steroids, People partying until 4-5 am loud loud music, fire alarms being set off, drunks banging on the doors at all hours of the night, vulgar and foul language screaming up and down the halls and when we called the front desk all they said was we can bring you some ear plugs! This was not for mentioned to us that it was a PARTY resort. VERY DISAPPOINTING NEVER AGAIN!! Not a place for FAMILY FUN!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

First and foremost, please accept my sincere apologies for our lack of communication in failing to inform you of the activities we had scheduled during your groups event at the Camden on the Lake Resort. During the summer months we have outdoor concerts on Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights and the entertainment performs until 1:00 AM. We try to insure that everyone coming to the resort are aware of our entertainment program through welcome letters we send out to all guests prior to their arrival along with the advertising we do to promote the concerts. We do cater to more of an adult crowd especially in the summer months and find ourselves entertaining many bachelor and bachelorette type groups who come for a fun evening of entertainment.

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments, it is constructive criticisms such as yours that gives us "food for thought" regarding possible changes to better serve our guests.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

We were going to the lake to spend the Sunday of Labor Day weekend on a friend's boat and needed a place to stay with out family for just one night. My husband and I had stayed at Camden numerous time before for conferences and were impressed by the large, lovely suites so I called to see what was available. After explaining to the front desk clerk that we were traveling with 2 small children, I was told the only available suites were going for nearly $400. After conferring with my husband, we went ahead and booked it. When we arrived after a long day of boating with our kids, we were greeted by throngs of drunken college age kids (though I doubt many were actually in college). The young man in front of me at the front desk was wearing only swim trunks and was trying to convince the clerk to give him a room - though he had no ID, credit card or cash. (We later found him weeping in the parking lot). The band playing out by the pool could be heard across the lake. When I checked in I asked the clerk if there was any chance my kids would get any sleep she laughed at me, told me the band - which our room directly over looked- played until midnight and that the hotel would be loud all night because it was one of their "party weekends". When I asked why no one bothered to mention that fact when I called to book the room - explaining at that time i had 2 small kids - she blamed it on an "over flow line". She then handed me my keys and TWO SETS OF EAR PLUGs for my kids. I asked if she was serious and she responded "only if you want them to sleep".

The elevator had vomit on the floor. The hallway to our room was full of excessively intoxicated Hoosiers. We could hear the band though out door before we opened it. Ultimately, we drove back to STL that night, and the hotel did refund our credit card.

Lesson here - DO NOT stay here if you are over 22 or under 18, have children, or expect the type of atmosphere and services of a 4 star hotel. Particularly over their "party weekends" - memorial day, fouth of july, labor day, etc... Disgusting does not begin to describe our experience. I'm not sure how you warrant 4+ stars with vomit on your elevator floors. I will lobby all if the professional groups I am in to take their conferences elsewhere.

• Stayed September 2013
Dear Guest,

Please accept my sincere apology for our lack of communication in failing to inform you of our concert events and the atmosphere you would encounter at the Camden on the Lake Resort. On weekends throughout the summer months we are without question a party resort. Because of this we make every effort to inform our guests of our concert schedules and other promotional events. Even with this being said, all of our guests should expect a controlled environment, which we strive to provide. Our security staff work diligently to insure the safety, security and comfort of our guests.

Although we provide concert entertainment on weekend nights during the summer months, we are not a fraternity house. We have a beautiful conference facility with first class accommodations and host many meetings and conferences throughout the year. Guests that hold conferences at the Camden on the Lake Resort find our facilities, staff and service to be superior to that of our competition.

Again, I apologize for the lack of communication regarding our entertainment on the weekend of your visit. I would like to offer you a complimentary return visit in order to provide an opportunity for us to redeem ourselves and show you that what you experienced is not our normal everyday business. Please feel free to contact me at the Camden on the Lake Resort.
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

We came in specifically for the shootout and as soon as we walked in were impressed. The front desk staff was wonderful at check in and throughout most the stay. Hotel is gorgeous and easy to get around. Our room was amazing, nice kitchenette, big bathroom, okay bed, and a cute balcony w/ great views. We stayed in 603 and it was quiet from the other guests. However, H. Toads is right next door and they have a live band every night so it does get loud. The room only had a few issues. The fridge took forever to get cold, the shower didn't have very high water pressure so it took forever to get soap out of my hair, the bathroom floors are slippery, and the bed was lumpy. Also, there is no Ipod hook up for the stereo (which we loved). The front desk said they don't offer them because the think they will get stolen..I've been in Days Inns that have had them. They don't sell them in the gift shop either. We had a great view of the docks to watch all the awesome boats come and go, the bus that goes to and from Shady Gators makes it a great place to go for the nightlife, H .Toads has decent food, and we got to see fireworks right from our bed. (H. Toads automatically charges gratuity and there is still a spot to add a tip, so we def overpaid and they didn't even get our order right.) We will stay here every time we come up! Only bad part of our stay was the pool bar service. HORRIBLE! Only way we could get a drink is if we went on each side of the bar and yelled at them. The chick would not leave this old group of men to serve anyone else and the guy hid behind the registers and stuffed his face for 1/2 hr..neither would make eye contact. Eventually we started walking up to the dock bar to get our drinks. I heard at least 4/5 other people in the pool talking about the bad service.

Room Tip: 603 has great views. Pay a little more for a lakeside room!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to respond and share your comments regarding your recent stay at the Camden on the Lake Resort. We are thrilled that you decided to stay with us during the Shoot Out Weekend and that you enjoyed your room and accommodations along with the H. Toads Bar and Grill.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconsistencies in service that you experienced during your stay. We take our guest feedback very seriously and the constructive comments you have shared will allow us to provide necessary training to our employees and make improvements in our guestroom accommodations.

Again, thank you for taking the time to share your constructive comments, We hope that when future Shoot Out events come to the Lake of the Ozarks you will choose to stay at the Camden on the Lake Resort and see the improvements we have made.

Been to Camden on the Lake Resort, Spa, & Yacht Club? Share your experiences!