“Great room, great staff!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Price
Save Up to 50% Now!
Ranked #1 of 13 hotels in Lake Ozark
Independence, Missouri
“Great room, great staff!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

Stayed here for a week long conference and really enjoyed it. My room was ready when I arrived but no luggage carts available. Brenda in housekeeping was awesome!!! She actually helped carry my things to the room, filled up the cooler with more ice and stocked me up a lot plastic cups to use around the pool area. Over all, I thought the place was great and would probably come back again. Thanks again for a great stay and thanks again to Brenda. Loved the jacuzzi suite!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

283 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
Springfield, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

My stay at Camden on the Lake in August 2013 as less than stellar, in fact, it was awful! This property was one of the recommended overflow locations for a week-long conference at a different location. I was originally placed in their condo demo, the person at the front desk had to ask others how to get to the room (not a good sign). I had the displeasure of pulling a large suitcase and two bags up and down stairs and through a very dirty maintenance area to get to my room. Upon arrival it was very evident the room had not been cleaned in a very long time, the dark countertops had a tick layer of dust, the air vents were very dirty and there were sunflower seed shells in various places on the floor. I quickly discovered the electronic locking mechanism for the main door to the condo would not lock. As the maintenance employee was working on the main door, I walked over to the large sliding glass patio door and discovered that door would not lock as well. Someone shoved a dime in the main door's lock and had driven screws into the lock for the patio door, I immediately requested a different room, which meant I had to carry my luggage through the dirty maintenance area and up and down stairs again. Apparently customer service and service recovery is a far-fetched concept for this property. They placed me on the 3rd floor in a double room that was a little bit cleaner compared to the first room (still had a layer of dust on the black countertops). These rooms are aesthetically pleasing at first glance, but if you look closer it becomes obvious corners were cut with materials as the furniture was heavily damaged, walls were marked up, and the crown molding on the entertainment center was coming apart. The bathroom looks great, with the nice tile, large counter, and double-headed shower, but unfortunately there was a major mold issue in the shower, it was disgusting! It appeared as though the property chose to use residential quality materials verses high traffic/durable materials like most hotels use. The accent pillows on the bed had stains, the electronic curtain was broken, and the air conditioner primarily cooled the kitchenette area, not the bedroom. The noise was another issue, and if I was 10 years younger with my friends I probably would not have minded the bass-thumping music that would end sometime between 11PM and 1AM depending on the night. I will never stay at this property ever again, and I will never recommend this property to friends and family.

Room Tip: Stay at a different hotel/resort
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

Enjoyed our stay nice place i would for sure go again!!oh and dog friendly! Brought our dog every was very nice to him. Nice room and good service, boating and jet ski avaiabl, food good, nice pool and spa area. Loved it

• Stayed July 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

For a luxurious, brief getaway in the Lake of the Ozarks, this is the place for you. The rooms used to be condos so ours had a kitchen with microwave, fridge, and stove with dishes and silverware, a living room with fake fireplace, surround sound TV, a bathroom with separate shower and tub and TV and a king bed in bedroom with TV and balcony facing out to the lake. They have room service with good food (my son recommends the bourbon burger), a morning coffee bar, and pool. A little expensive but that's ok. I wanted the amenities and expected to pay more.

• Stayed August 2013
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

I just had a marvelous stay at Camden On The Lake Resort in July 2013. The entire staff was friendly, helpful and thoughtful. I was there for a business meeting. The food served during our meeting, i.e. breakfast and lunch was very tasty. It was so refreshing to see all the staff the entire time smiling, happy and eager to assist in any way. The adjoining restaurant was great. The food was very good. I enjoyed eating out on the terrace which overlooked the lake. The spacious suite I stayed in was simply a surprise and a dream. I really enjoyed having table and chairs outside on the terrace of the bedroom. I would sit there in the morning and evenings to relax and watch the lake. There's a fun restaurant bar with live entertainment a half mile away which can be seen from the Camden resort. There's a great gift shop inside Camden that I found fun. Since, I've returned home I have told so many people of my wonderful stay at Camden On The Lake. I can't wait to go back next year on my own and I plan to stay longer.
I couldn't tell trip advisor fast enough about my wonderful time at Camden on The Lake Resort. Tonya

Room Tip: This is truly a relaxing, vacation spot.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Prairie Village, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

Our accommodations were clean and very comfortable. H. Toads Bar and Grill is high energy but still manages to serve great food . It is a busy and popular spot. Wait staff is fab...eager to make your stay pleasant ! We were lucky enough to have Michelle serve us both days of our stay....she will put a smile on your face! Try to snag a table on the deck and watch the band/festivities on the lower level with a great view of the lake!

Room Tip: There is live music on the weekends. If that is a problem be sure to ask for a room that does not...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Saint Louis, Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Our last time to visit Camden on the Lake. Here's why.....We went down for a quick 1 day trip (Fri-Sat) and wanted to stay and the nicest, most inclusive, place we could find given our limited time. We're in our early 30's and have two kids. We were looking for a night away from the kids where we could sit by a pool, have some drinks, and get some sun.

We arrived around Noon, our check-in time was 4pm. We asked for a first available room so we could get in earlier, and one never came up. Apparently, they truly need every minute from 11am to 4pm to clean the rooms as we also couldn't get a late check-out when requested either. The receptionist, when we came in, was mouthing off to a customer over the phone, who was simply looking for a room in a full hotel, and felt her sarcasm was pretty humorous when she got off the line. We felt it disrespectful and out of line.

So, to kick things off while "roomless", we went to the pool, it was overcast and sprinkling out. Pool + Bar = Closed. Regardless of the bar and most of the pool being covered it was closed for weather. We asked why and were advised they simply didn't have enough interest to open them given the weather. So I guess people need to sit at the empty bars to promote the resort opening them? We walked over to the dock bar (covered), closed. Stage bar (not-covered), closed. The only place to go was the 3rd floor bar and grill. Thus, no room and no entertainment. We had lunch and a drink on the 3rd floor and then left the property, not coming back until 8pm. The band was going by then, and regardless of having the furthest-most lakefront room from the stage, the band was unbelievably loud and went until after midnight. Thus, no sleep.

Next day was perfect, weather-wise, the pool/bar, dock and stage bars were still closed at 10am so we got sick of waiting, checked out, and rented a boat from the dock. We came back around 1pm and the 20 or so pool seats in the sunshine were taken. Again, most of the pool is in the shade, the water was ridiculously cloudy, and they blast club house music over the PA, so we chose not to stay there. The dock bar and stage bar were STILL closed at 1pm, so again, we're back to sitting in the 3rd floor bar. Finally, to actually get some sun, we got drinks from the pool bar, sat at the end of the dock, and boat watched. Not exactly the comfort and quiet we were looking for, but the best we found around the property. Oh, and if you ask for a specific liquor in your drink, you get the generic. We asked for 7/7 and Meyer's/diet, neither arrived as requested.

This place is like Panama City Beach at the lake. No water in the fridge, just red bull. 70's rock blasting from the stage all night and night club music blasting from the pool in the day (when they finally open it). No dock seating, no water level bars open for most the time, pool's gross, about 20 seats in the sunlight amongst the entire property. So what did we get? No use of the property on Friday at all and Saturday I spent and extra (unexpected) $300 on a boat just to get some sun and have something to do, because nothing on the property was available.

So why did I even give it a 2?

The rooms are nice, well kept, and pretty luxurious, but the balcony WAS covered in spiders. Seems the cleaning crew could wipe down the balconies while they're at it, but you could tell they hadn't done that for our room in some time, so of course my wife had little/no interest in the balcony.

Simply not the relaxation we thought we were getting. Far more work than expected to simply find entertainment, and for the high price, not at all worth it. Too expensive for the lake. They have the right idea going here....but the execution is terrible and we will not be back.

Room Tip: Lakefront is actually dock front, so if you want a view, request the top floor (6th).
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Camden on the Lake Resort, Spa, & Yacht Club? Share your experiences!