“Camden on the Lake - business conference” 5 of 5 stars

Camden on the Lake Resort, Spa, & Yacht Club
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   2359 Bittersweet Rd, Lake Ozark, MO 65049   |
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Lake Ozark
Lee's Summit, Missouri
“Camden on the Lake - business conference”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

Had a room overlooking the lake..full amenities and felt like I was in my own condo with a full kitchen, huge bathroom with tile walls/floors and oversized bedding with the most luxurious comfortors and pillows!

Room Tip: All the rooms are good and have special amenities to make it feel like your very own condo!
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
HToad, Manager at Camden on the Lake Resort, Spa, & Yacht Club, responded to this review, January 13, 2013
We are delighted that you enjoyed our resort! Thanks for taking the time to write about your experience and please come back real soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
Kansas City
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

My husband booked a King Studio here Aug 9th- 12th to get away for our babymoon. This is a very nice place with nice rooms, mini kitchenettes and comfy beds but we literally felt like we were in a college dorm our entire stay. Please make sure you know that this hotel sits in what is known the be the Lake's biggest party area with the bars that connect. The first night the fire alarms went off around 11:30pm so we had to evacuate. After we evacuated down to the main entrance we were told a steam pipe had burst which caused the alarms to go off. Once we returned to our rooms and got settled back into bed the alarms went off again and then a 3rd time before finally they got them under control. After that we had to listen to carpet cleaners until 2am as they were cleaning up the water from the pipe. 2nd and 3rd nights were unbelievably loud with drunk college kids coming back from partying, playing music in the hallway, doors slamming and yelling. We had to call security both nights. I would not recommend this place for couples or family. The pool is very small and is a party pool. I would not bring my children here. When we checked out we told them how unhappy we were with our stay and that we would not be back and they did knock half of our bill down. I would recommend this place if you are looking for a place to party.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Thanks for letting us know about your experiences at our resort. We are so sorry about the noise and many fire alarms while you were here, and hope that refunding half of your money made things a little better. We are working on ways to better control the noise inside the hotel on weekends and we do hope you will come back and stay with us again.
Saint Louis, Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

We just stayed at the resort August 8th - 10th. The pictures online looked great so we were very excited. We attempted to check in early and were told there were no rooms available but if we come back in an hour they would be ready. So we came back about 2 hours later and they still did not have a room for us. Thankfully one became available after about 15 more minutes. The room itself was spacious but the pull out bed was horrible for my son to sleep on. I also noticed the shower tile/grout had mold growing on it.
I was also traveling with a 7 month old and was pushing a stroller around most of the time. There are no automatic or handicap access doors in this hotel. I struggled repeatedly just getting our stroller in and out the front of the hotel. I am not even sure if it is up to code. I do not know what a person in a wheelchair would do. I also noticed a similar issue in the pool area. It has a bar in the center and although I was not hanging out at the bar with my infant there is no way a wheelchair bound person could go to the bar.
Something else worth mentioning, is that they have live music every night until 11:00. This would be great for people without children but it was quite bothersome trying to get the kids down when the music is blasting.
To top it all off once we got home my older son broke out into a rash all over his body. After a trip to the urgent care I was informed that he has a skin infection from a swimming pool/hot tub. I did notice the second day of our stay that one of the hot tubs was taped off so no one could get in....although my son had been in there the day before.
We will not be going back!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for writing about your experience at our resort. I can assure you that our facility meets all codes and we pass all inspections with flying colors. I can also assure you that our pools and hot tubs are cleaned and tested daily to meet all health code standards. The hot tub was closed the day you were leaving, to be drained as someone broke a wine glass nearby during the night before. We hope you will visit us again sometime.
Joliet, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

We stayed at Camden on July 30-August 3. We rented a King Suite on the Lake through the reservations number on the resort's website. When we got there, we were quoted a higher rate than I had received via the reservations number. Luckily, I had my confirmation email on my phone. It quoted an "average" rate per night, which still did not equal the rate the hotel was trying to charge me. The hotel did adjust the rate to match the rate that I had been quoted when I made the reservation, but if I had not paid attention when I checked in, I would have been paying more than I had been quoted.

When we got to the room, we were pleasantly surprised. It was a beautiful room with a lake view. We had 2 adults and 2 children. We had a king bed in the bedroom and a queen sofa bed in the living room. When we pulled out the sofa bed, we were VERY disappointed. The mattress was extremely thin - basically springs. My 2 children could not sleep on it. We called the front desk (housekeeping closed at 4pm) to request 2 rollaways. The desk staff informed us that they did not have rollaways, but could provide 2 air mattresses. It took several calls and over 2 hours for them to arrive. The person who brought them filled them with a battery operated pump. One of them deflated as soon as my daughter laid on it - it had a hole and would not hold air. My 2 children ended up sharing one air mattress as the resort did not have any more. The desk staff was as helpful as they could be, but they didn't have the supplies/equipment they needed.

The staff said that the resort was aware of the pull-out sofa mattress problem and was "working on it." That needs to be resolved before they rent to people who planning to use the sofa bed.

We thought it was a great resort for families with teenagers. Mine loved the sand volleyball court and the fact that they could order food and eat at the pool bar. We did have to contend with loud music until about midnight each night, but it was not that bothersome.

We rented a small jetboat one day and ended up returning it after 15 minutes because it was much too small for the lake. The staff agreed and told us that they didn't recommend taking it when the lake was choppy or crowded. I wish they had told us that prior to the rental.

Overall, we enjoyed it and would stay there again with a different sofa bed set-up. The staff was helpful and accommodating.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write about your experiences at our resort. We consider customer feedback to be a valuable tool in managing a resort. Please accept my apologies for the rate mix up and the inferior hide-a-beds. We are working to find better quality mattress to correct this problem. We hope you will visit us again.
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

We rented a king bed room facing the lake on July 28th. Our goal was to have a fun, romantic couples night at the swim up pool/bar and relax. When we arrived, the staff at the front desk seemed flustered and not that professional, so i was a little worried upon check-in. Seems like they need better training, maybe a little more help and a uniform may help to know that you are actually dealing with hotel staff and not a college kid who happens to be behind the counter. However, upon entering the room, it was very clean and had a great modern interior. No bath tub, shower only--pretty much the only downside in the room. After putting on our suits , we immediately headed down to the pool area around 2pm to get a cocktail. This is NOT a family hotel pool by any means. I would not bring my 8 year old--definitely more of a Vegas feel. Super loud DJ music and lots of booze to go around. Had a great time, good drinks, a little over priced, but enjoyed the fact i could just charge to my room and not worry about having a credit card or cash with me while swimming. I would recommend to management that they have someone just walking around selling food items and drinks to the crowd around the pool. I think they are missing out on a lot of revenue, due to the fact that they just have two bartenders serving the entire pool area. Its pretty easy to talk drunk people in to ordering a pizza and the pizza was actually really good! LOL! We did meet some great people at the pool bar, took an awesome sunset boat ride and came back to a live band and dancing until about midnight; which means the band was playing right outside a lot of hotel rooms until midnight, so if you are looking for a quiet place to stay on the lake, look elsewhere. Definitely more of an adult party scene. In general, really liked it and will stay again as a couple, but will not be bringing my 8 year old daughter with me!

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor, opposite the pool area if you want a quieter experience. We enjoyed facing th...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Thanks so much for your review of our resort and I enjoyed reading your comments. It sounds like you had a good time and your comments and suggestions are much appreciated. Please come back and stay with us again.
Dubuque, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

Stayed at Camden on the Lake July 25-29 and had a wonderful time! We stayed in the 1-bedroom grand with a cove view, which is beautiful and offers never ending action to watch. I agree with other reviews that these fabulous rooms need deep cleaning that includes wall washing, carpet cleaning, and cobweb removal. The kitchen utensils and dinnerware need to be cleaned and stocked on a regular basis, the refrigerator is too smal, and the shower corners and shower heads need deep cleaning and unglogging. It is true that you hear music until late hours (weekends), so request a room on the other end or other side of the resort, if you want quiet. With Gators next door, this is definitely the party nightlife area of the lake! We enjoy the nightife and later on watching the cove action from our room balacony. At night, the light reflection on the lake is very pretty and the boats are constantly coming and going (not noisy). The H. Toads restaurant food was good, but the bar food on the 1st floor was standard and it needed more wiatstaff. The pool and swim-up bar offers areas located in the sun and in the shade (escape the heat). The pool bar has some great bartenders, especially Emily who makes great drinks, is fun, friendly, and works hard while keeping the drinks flowing! All bars should have a bartender like Emily. The resort owners should consider building a deck area next to the pool (out toward the marina), add lounge chairs, and then would be able to support a person to take drink orders and deliver drinks to you in the lounge chair (on weekends). The boat rental staff was nice, but the boats were in need of repair or better maintenance. The staff should "test" the boats prior to 9:00 and make sure all systems are working etc. The mile markers on the lake are mostly missing and the maps should do a better job of indicating where marinas, restaurants, and bars are located or maybe these busnesses should place signs at end of coves indicating their location. The local and frequent visitors know the land marks of the lake, but many tourists do not. We will likely stay at Camden at least once more, but if the rooms are not better maintained and cleaned, it will be the last time. We stayed here 2-years ago and the rooms were much better maintained at that time. They should use the winter season to really clean and take care of the rooms and fumigate for bugs. Other idea for this resorts: there is an area on 1st floor that is empty and could be used in conjunction with other local busineses for signing up for golf packages, boat tours, spa packages, bar hops, shuttle service, helicopter rides, restaurant deals, and maybe even for realty or time share offers and property tours (for those interested). Also, a consideration for a free wine/cheese/beer reception in the lobby area from 6-730 pm would be nice during the week days.

Room Tip: consider the view and weekend noise fron bands
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for sharing with us your experiences at Camden on the Lake. Your comments and suggestions have been the topic of discussion at several staff meetings. We are confident you will see much improvement upon your next visit. We also agree that Emily is a valuable asset to our pool bar operation and we will make sure she is told about your compliments. Thank you for your business and we look forward to your next stay with us.
Columbia, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

Spent a week at Camden on the Lake and it is not a family place at all. Unless you are looking to party all of the time and most of the night this resort would not be a good choice, if you like sleeping this would not be a good choice. The Security Guards’ that are always around by the pools and lake area will hassle you non stop, and the fact that they have so many security guards should be a warning in itself? The rules they have change nightly depending on what Musical Group is playing i.e.: kids are allowed in the pool tonight and then they are not allowed in the pool the next night. The lights from the volley ball court bother the band so they turn them off even when it’s in use. Our room was missing the smoke detectors and I ask everyday about them and it took 6 days to have then replaced. Massive stains on the carpets looked like someone murdered a pig in our room. The only bright spot would be the housekeeping staff did there best if you had any requests. This concept cannot work you cannot mix what seems to be a "party / concert based resort" and make families feel welcome at the same time. If you like to party this is your new home!

Room Tip: Get as far away from the Stage as possible when choosing a room
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Camden on the Lake Resort, Spa, & Yacht Club? Share your experiences!