“This is the place to stay! Very classy!” 5 of 5 stars

Camden on the Lake Resort, Spa, & Yacht Club
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   2359 Bittersweet Rd, Lake Ozark, MO 65049   |
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Lake Ozark
Pekin, Illinois
“This is the place to stay! Very classy!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012 via mobile

Very clean and beautiful decor. The rooms are awesome with huge ceilings and cherry wood with granite. Quiet if you stay away from the band and DJ area that play out by the pool. If I could change anything, I wish the music was not as loud or not as "club" banging sounding around the pool all day.

• Stayed June 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
Alliance, Nebraska
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

We've decided to spend our anniversary, which falls on Labor Day at The Camden. We've been coming to the Ozarks for 12 years and are very aware of the party weekends but seeing the price we paid to stay we figured they've got to have the party under control after the bar closes. WRONG! We were surrounded by young, drunk kids all over the hotel. I called the front desk 5 times pleading with them to get them to do something. Second night they doubled their security and had it under control. Next and our last night of the trip the kids were screaming and pulled the fire alarm twice. We needed to get up early to make our 13 hour drive home. We were exhausted the whole time fighting to get some sleep so trying to enjoy our boat on the water was limited. Instead of the manager comping us for the 2 evenings without sleep he gave us a 2 night stay to come back. After reviewing the small print it doesn't allow holiday weekends.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2012

It's been years since I've spent any time at the Lake, especially as word spread of faded rooms at the pricey resorts. So, imagine my surprise when work took me to a new, lovely resort at the end of Horseshoe Bend!

First, it should be clear that this isn't a mega-resort with a large golf course, multiple pools, etc. Instead, it's a smaller - but quite spacious - hotel that lets you enjoy your time at the lake. The rooms are filled with the latest amenities to make you feel at home, including a small kitchenette, double-head shower, and plush bed.

The hotel's common areas were also nice, but aren't spectacular. Unlike some of the other resorts at the Lake, the lobby didn't seem to be a place to gather other than for a quick cup of mediocre coffee in the morning. The pool is outdoor and is next to the lake. It also features a swim-up bar that was closed during the time I was there (which is the off-season). With the location next to H Toad's (a multi-story bar/restaurant). it was clear that they were trying to cultivate a getaway, party vibe. In the off-season, it was fine - the crowds were sparse. However, I would be prepared for raucous nights on summer weekends.

Overall, this hotel is a nice addition to the options at the Lake. It's new, in great condition and offered a wonderful night of sleep. It's a bit far away from other amenities at the Lake, but is worth checking out if you want to get away from it all at a luxury resort.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms on the main floor (the 4th) if possible. The people walking the hallways were noisy at...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Lake Saint Louis, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

Took my mom here for mother's day---our first time at the Lake. The young men at the front desk talked me into upgrading to a room that overlooked the lake and I thought that would be nice for my 80 year old mother so I did it. What they DIDN'T tell me was that they were putting us in a room right next to their connected bar which had an outdoor area where bands play. The music started at 8:30 and progressively got louder and louder----our bodies were literally vibrating with the drums. You could hear the music as if you were standing at the bar---words to the songs and all. It was horrible. My mother sat up on the couch until it stopped at 1:30. I'm pretty sure that any of the rooms that face the water would have this issue but they put us as close to that hot mess as they possibly could. I was livid. I also called the night before for help turning on the fireplace---the front desk sounded very irritated with me. Said I needed to use the remote---there was no remote for the fireplace although there were three other remotes for the TV/DVD/Stereo. They said they would send someone up but no one ever came. This is when it wasn't even busy so who knows how responsive they are when the place is actually busy. I went down to talk to them in the morning to be sure I wasn't going to be charged for a missing remote and said how upset I was about being placed in a spot where sleeping was impossible---surely they didn't think two older women would want to pay for an "upgrade" to be right next to the bar music? The front desk said basically too bad so sad---she did offer to remove their resort fee which covers the room technology services which we didn't use anyways---this amounted to $10 which she never even did. I would never go here again---I was debating between this place and the 4 Seasons and you know where I will be next time. On the upside, the room was nice and the pillows were wonderful. That's about it.

Room Tip: Make sure you tell them you do NOT want to be anywhere near the music/bar. You may not be able to e...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Saint Peters, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

I took my wife for a little mothers day vacation. Best hotel on the Lake, room accommodations are spectacular and the hotel personnel the best, friendly and they go out of there way to service all of your needs. The restaurant had great food and everyone made us feel special. This is our third time and every time it gets better.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Pine River, Minnesota, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2012

I spent 3 days at this resort for a conference and I was very impressed. The meeting rooms are large and very nice. The staff is amazing and the place was very clean. I had a beautiful room with an amazing view. I believe all of the meals that were served to us were done by the H Toads - and the food was always spectacular! I would definetely recommend this place to anyone for business or pleasure! I can't wait to plan my next trip, becuase this will be my destination!

Room Tip: I had a room on the 5th floor with a King bed and a balcony with a gorgeous view of the lake! The be...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Adel, Iowa, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012

Came to stay the end of April, and we were not disappointed. We could not ask for better service; everyone was so friendly. The food was exceptional. We will be back!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

Been to Camden on the Lake Resort, Spa, & Yacht Club? Share your experiences!