“Beware!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Lodge of Four Seasons

You added Lodge of Four Seasons to your Saves list
Lodge of Four Seasons
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   Horseshoe Bend Parkway, P.O. Box 215, Lake Ozark, MO 65049   |
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Lake Ozark
Moberly, Missouri
“Beware!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

My husband and I recently traveled to the Lodge of the Four Seasons to meet up with other family members over the 4th of July. After arriving, we discovered one of our family members had fallen on the stairs outside the lobby (there are stairs everywhere) due to very poor lighting. She had a 5" cut on her leg due to the fall. The maintenance man (also the person to tend to her leg) had a bag with minimal items to take care of the profuse bleeding. The next day I asked for additional Band-Aids to be sent to the room so we could change the bandage. The front desk (David) said they didn't have any. When I questioned him about the lack of concern for their guests, he actually laughed about it. Not sure I understand what was so funny?!?

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (167)
Davenport, Iowa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

Trouble connecting to the internet. They actually have cable modems in each little room. Rooms were antiquated. I compare it to a Super8 at a bigger price ($177/ngt). The entire facility is outdated by several decades. I believe they are relying on name recognition only and are surviving on that. Unfortunate as I'm sure at one time it was a nice place, however, now it's just not worth the price. I kept waiting for Patrick Swayze to poke his head out and say "Nobody puts Baby in a corner." If you get that reference, you get the review.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Lincoln, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

Nice resort with four pools - great for teenagers! Enjoyed the free movies offerred every night in the theater! Whole family had a great sleep. Beds were very comfortable and rooms were clean. We enjoyed a great view of the lake and especially enjoyed watching the boats go by from our deck. It was worth every penny to pay the little extra for the lake side view.

Pekin, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

Our family chose to spend our holiday weekend with you, four rooms and 15 people. The staff was friendly, but when we arrived none of our rooms were available. One of our rooms was still dirty and had to be re-cleaned before my daughter could go in and lay her baby down. We were not notified that a very poor sounding band would be playing over our heads in the atrium until midnight. So many updates need to be done, furnishings and carpet were worn and faded. Very expensive rates for very average hotel. The indoor outdoor pool has mold all around the rocked area and broken boards on the walls of the pool. The workers at the Marina were very rude. The nicest employees were the young boys in Valet. Will not be returning. If there weren't so many of us, we would have checked out and gone elsewhere.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

So I stayed here on 7/5 as special night out for my wife. Our room was off the lodge near the Japanese garden. The room was pretty good. Well maintained although showing it's age. (They are one of the newer rooms- the rooms in the main lodge are older ( I bet where the complaints come from). My wife and I enjoyed the bar near the pool and Breezes for a cocktail in the morning. We also had an opportunity to take advantage of the SPA and it was great. The hotel is showing it's age and needs a refresh for sure. I think for the $ (less than $200) we paid during a peak weekend was good value. So with all that said here is where we go down hill. I stopped by the front desk to let them know I was checking out, I asked the desk clerk Debbie to email me a receipt and I was in a rush, please add all the charges to my CC on file. Well an hour down the road I did get that email with a $90 bill from HK's a restaurant I didn't eat at. I called and left Debbie a message and call 3 other times to try a fix the issue. Here we are 14 hours later and not even a call back or a email back. I cant seem to get a hold on anyone that can help clear this issue up. Overall I did have a reservation at HK which I canceled because of the bad trip advisor reviews and choose THE VINE. Which was excellent. Overall I am happy I stayed here but it we cant get this charge cleared up in the next 8 or so hours I wont return.

Room Tip: dont get a room in the main lodge
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

Drove to Lodge of Four Seasons from Chicago for a 4 night romantic getaway! I was very happy with how beautiful our room was. It was located in the Lanai area. It borders their Japanese Garden, Koi Fish pond & main pool. We took many walks around their grounds and were pleasantly surprised at how natural the surroundings were. Even the man-made aesthetics left room for the area's natural beauty. I was nervous after reading some tripadvisor.com reviews, but was immediately put at ease after inspecting the room. I read a review that stated the fridge never got cold. Ours was off when we arrived, and with a simple turn of its knob, it was up & running. The staff is all Very Friendly & helpful! We took advantage of a travelzoo.com special with the resort. This included a free breakfast buffet for 2 every morning we were there & a $25.00 resort credit, per day. I'm very thankful to have found the travelzoo.com voucher.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Zion, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

beautiful place great place to have fun and to boat beautiful lakes wonderful staff very helpful and friendly will go back again next year love the room and the senery internet was very bad and signal in our room great food great tasting water beautiful resturants

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Been to Lodge of Four Seasons? Share your experiences!