“One Of The Worst Ever!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Lodge of Four Seasons

You added Lodge of Four Seasons to your Saves list
Lodge of Four Seasons
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   315 Four Seasons Dr, P.O. Box 215, Lake Ozark, MO 65049   |
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Lake Ozark
Las Vegas, Nevada
“One Of The Worst Ever!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2008

It started rocky and ended terrible!
What a disappointment!
From the moment of arrival and throughout the stay disappointment was found.
At check-in it took over 30 minutes for us to be 'registered'
Once in the room we discover it is NOT the room we reserved, a return to the desk and we are informed 'well we don't have what you reserved so you have to stay in that room tonight’ no apologies, no rebate on room, no nothing. This room was filthy. The one time blue carpet (yes 1970's blue) was literally black. The blinds did not close completely, the in wall A/C unit was loud, the shower leaked all night, internet was not available (the website stated internet provided but we were told that that room did not have it)
Day two we were moved to a somewhat better unit but this was located far from the main resort; again not a single apology came from the staff for the inconvenience. This room was clean we admit but lacked parking nearby, had loud neighbors below us and ultimately required us to drive anywhere we needed to go since it was not located on the main property.
The restaurant was something from the 70’s and very little choice for food options that were not fried or extremely bland.
Admit the lobby was nice but this place needs a COMPLETE remodel.
After three nights we checked out and stayed elsewhere.

I would NOT recommend to anyone.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Filthy! Old, Worn
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (178)
Midwest
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2008

If you want to lie back, enjoy the pool, read, golf and spa then the Lodge Of The Four Seasons will deliver. The amenities are there – towels at the pool, fully stocked bath needs, cold beverages at expected prices, breakfast room service that delivers within 10 minutes. The bedding is comfortable and well sheeted. There is always ice at the guest machine by the pool. The accommodations are clean and no sidewalk trash or overflowing trash bins are apparent. The management is around to fix your issue. The various staffs are friendly and helpful.

What is to be overlooked is that there is a great deal of condo construction going on and that the rooms do have worn and dated carpet, drapes and furniture. Our accommodation was one of the Lanai Rooms that could have used one more sofa chair and side table. The single large wall landscape picture in our Room was old and faded and became our joke focus. The main complex is full of dark color tones and not lively and inviting for the 2008 and beyond crowd.

We went out onto the Hwy 54 for our meals and to replenish our adult beverage needs. The Chamber of Commerce has a web site where one can request a “Lake” Magazine that has any number of eating and drinking establishments listed. Allow two weeks to receive the magazine.

We will go back.

• Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
St. Louis, MO
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2008

We stayed at Season's Bay so our room had a great view of the lake. The room was fine - comfortable bed and enough space - but the bathroom was small and could do with some updates. The staff was friendly and helpful enough - we had problems with the TV the first night and after we made a call to the Front Desk, someone came and fixed it within 10 min. Only main issue I had was on the second night we tried to call Room Service but got no answer. The Front Desk lady was of no help - her comment was "Sometimes they get so swamped they don't answer the phone." What kind of hotel leaves their guests to go hungry?? We had to order pizza. Also, we asked for a fridge and the cost was $20/day!! Wow. For that price (we stayed for 3 nights), I might as well have bought my own mini-fridge.

Overall I liked the pools and the spa. I disliked the dated look, the numerous bugs all over the place and the lack of room service!

• Stayed June 2008
Fayettville AR
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2008

To start with checking in has never taken so long any where I have ever been, and to top it off the people at the front desk were slower then next Christmas, and less then helpful. They then put us in a tiny room with a door that would not open, they had to send maintenance over twice the second time making my husband late for the conference that we had already paid for which was not ok. Then they lock me in my room for about 15 mins. trying to fix the door which freaked me out. So then I didn’t include the best part they put a young married couple in a room with two oversize twin beds so for the duration of the trip we both had to sleep in one bed because we couldn’t fit in one and were average to smallish sized people. When we went to ask for a room where we could sleep together they told us after another 15 min wait in the lobby, that they are oversold, and don’t we like the view of the lake where we are. Like they were telling us be happy you even can see the lake. The first morning we were there at 8AM when I am trying to catch some morning z’s I am woken up by the maids parked outside my door just having a morning chat so loud that I am completely woken up twice and then up for the rest of the day cause then I can’t sleep. Other wise we were over the ice machine and the pool so for the rest of the time I got woken up by one thing or another, the joys. I have never been ready to leave a hotel before, I have stayed in Motel 8’s and got better and more sleep then this place. Found several dead wasps in my room that I almost stepped on barefoot by the way. The gym is outdated as the rest of the property seems to be, the pools were exceptionally dirt, and so was one of the hot tubs to the point I didn’t get in the hot tubs. The property as a whole needs a serious revamp. Finally to add insult to injury when checking out which took 30 mins (longest check out ever!!) they had given us a complimentary lunch for locking me in the room, that they then tried to charge us for even though the server got our card and everything. I had to get out of my then hot car cause I had waited half an hour and go in and tell the lady flat out they had given us this cause they locked me in my room, she just blankly stared at me and “tried” to find out about it. My husband reported about 5 other groups of people in the lobby checking out and bitching about all sorts of things, such as the lack of cleanliness, and just a general horrible stay. I would not wish this place on my worst enemy especially with the overpriced tiny rooms. Really?? That place is a total joke, maybe it was nice and cool in the 50’s but not any more, worst stay in a supposed resort ever!!!!!!

• Liked — Leaving this crappy hotel
  • Disliked — The experience as a whole
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Liberty, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2008

This resort--like a lot of the better-known properties at the Lake of the Ozarks--has uneven reviews. I cannot comment on anyone else's experiences; I'll just report on my own.

I had a very nice room in the main lodge. This resort is somewhat sprawling, with a number of buildings and condominiums that are part of the central reservation system. Some of the condos and patio homes (not part of the main lodge) are privately owned and updated more or less at the individual owners' choices. This may account for some of the uneven room quality reports. If you are thinking about this property, you might contact the hotel reservations office directly and ask about which units they have available at what prices, when the rooms were last updated, and how far they are from the center of the resort.

As noted, my room was in the main lodge. The lodge was built in the 1960's as a luxury hotel, and the other buildings of the resort have been added as the resort has expanded over time. Because of the lodge's age and decor that incorporates a lot of native wood and rocks, the place has a sort of nostalgic, rustic appeal. It does not feel tired or flimsy, however, because it is poured concrete construction. My room was very spacious, very attractive, and nicely decorated. It may have been remodeled recently. Furniture and bedding were very nice. Carpeting, tile, and bathroom were clean. The windows were tight, and the climate control system worked well. I never heard any outside noises. I think all of the rooms in the lodge may be pretty large.

The service was fine. The staff seemed young and eager, if somewhat inexperienced. But they were fully capable, as far as I could tell.

In my judgment, this property is far superior to Tan-Tar-A Resort, a resort with which it often is compared.

I would return.

• Liked — Location; view; decor
  • Disliked — N/A
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
kANSAS cITY, mO. 64119
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2008

We just got back from The Four Seasons Resort..Yes the

place needs some updating , but we have noticed a big

improvement from the last two visits. The staff was always

very nice and helpful. I asked a gentelman for an ice machine

out by the pool and he hunted and hunted until he located

one for me. The youngman that tends the pool bar is very

very nice. The boat excursion was also a bargain. It is still

a bargain for the price, and the location in great!

• Liked — Great Pool since they added the new pool bar.
  • Disliked — Need updating.
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
St. Louis
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2008

My husband had a conference at the Lodge of the Four Seasons. As I am from Missouri, I had heard great things and was excited. We entered and the main lodge was nice, the staff very friendly. Then came the room of doom...

Our room, despite the fact we booked a King, had two full beds. My husband and I are tall and both sets of our feet dangled off the end. After stubbing my toe on the bed "frame" I realized the bed isn't even on a frame, but rather on 2x4s and plywood - hardly four star worthy!

The Internet only worked for a few hours on Day 1. The rest of the time, I used a weak wireless signal only intended for the lobby.

The showers had to be quick b/c after 5 minutes the tub was over shin deep with water. Two visits by maintenance crew hadn't solved the problem.

Finally, we would've enjoyed the lake view from our deck had the doorknob to the deck not completely fallen off, so we only got to enjoy the lake view from the window.

When checking out and reporting our stay, not complaining, just reporting, the woman at the desk laughed, wrote our complaints on a post-it note and gave us our receipt. No concession, no offer of a free breakfast, etc. A laugh and a post-it note.

• Liked — The Lake View
  • Disliked — The room, in its entirety: the bed, the tub, the deck, even the iron was bad.
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Lodge of Four Seasons? Share your experiences!