“Wonderful Weekend Getaway” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Lodge of Four Seasons

Save Saved
You added Lodge of Four Seasons to your Saves list
Lodge of Four Seasons
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   Horseshoe Bend Parkway, P.O. Box 215, Lake Ozark, MO 65049   |
Ranked #2 of 13 hotels in Lake Ozark
Jefferson City
“Wonderful Weekend Getaway”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2008

From the moment we arrived, we had a relaxing and wonderful weekend. The check-in was a breeze. The hotel staff was very professional and very polite. The view from the room was beautiful, especially at sunset. The room itself looked just like the photo on the website. The grounds surrounding the hotel were very lush and peaceful. We loved feeding the fish in the garden. We did not need to leave the hotel to have an enjoyable weekend. I never knew that there was such a great place so close to home. I will definetly be staying here again. My only regret was that the weather was not warm enough to take advantage of the outdoor pools. The hotel was close enough to attractions but far enough way that the hustle and bustle of the Lake did not effect the hotel. I came home feeling wonderful.

Stayed April 2008

577 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2008

My best friend and I wanted a pampering spa trip and decided on Spa Shiki in Lake Ozark, MO. Spa Shiki is attached to the Lodge of Four Seasons so she booked the Murai suite for us. The customer service manager greeted us as we pulled up and serenaded us while we checked in. He then took us to our suite which, at first glance, was lovely and spacious. However, once he left and we took a closer look, we became disgusted. I used to be employed for the federal government as a disaster relief worker and lived in hotels in New Orleans and the Mississippi Gulf Coast after Katrina, so I've lived in some pretty nasty hotels. The Lodge of Four Seasons takes the cake. The carpet was so filthy and stained that we would not walk barefoot in our suite and the furniture was too foul to use. The stench in one of the bedrooms was so strong that we closed off that room and shared the remaining bed. Our plans to sleep in were spoiled when the busy family of vermin living in our bedroom wall woke up with the sunrise. They were so active and loud that I was sure they were planning to spring out of the hole in our ceiling and attack if we dared to go back to bed. Since we were up so early, we ate breakfast at Breezes which was quite tasty and reasonably priced...shocking after eating at HK's, the hotel's "steakhouse" which was overpriced and staffed with servers and cooks who obviously wanted to be anywhere other than where they were. Spa Shiki was equally underwhelming. I like a spa with a warm, inviting atmosphere and expert staff. While my facial was FABULOUS and relaxing, the uncomfortable and dirty facilities left too much to be desired. Not at all relaxing. I'm a massage buff and was looking forward to my Swedish massage with Todd. It was, without a doubt, the WORST massage of my life. He spent the entire time telling me everything that was wrong with me and all the serious health problems he thought I would develop in the future. Todd also insisted on massaging muscles in my abdomen after I specifically told him I didn't want my stomach massaged. Thank goodness my friend and I have a good time together because if I hadn't been with her, this would have been the trip from hell.

• Liked — the suite's jacuzzi tub
  • Disliked — the filth and stink
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with friends
Leavenworth, Kansas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2008

My best friend and I wanted to spend a day at Spa Shiki, so we stayed at the Lodge to which the spa is attached. I got a Murai Suite because I wanted two bedrooms. The suite was enormous, and at first glance I was impressed. The Guest Services manager had greeted us at the entrance and was very pleasant. But once he left, I noticed how disgusting everything was. The floor had so much water damage that the room smelled like mold, and the carpet was stained. My friend used to work for FEMA, and she said the water damage and moldy odor were worse than any hotel she stayed in after Katrina in New Orleans. We overheard other guests talkling about it too, so it wasn't just our suite. The furniture was so dirty in the living room that we never sat on it. There was a small bedroom with a tiny, small bathroom that was clearly older than the bigger bedroom with the jacuzzi tub. The small bedroom smelled like bug spray, and the vertical blinds in the bathroom kept falling to the floor. Because of the bug spray smell in the small bedroom and the moldy odor in the living room, we shut the doors to seal ourselves off from it all and both stayed in the big bedroom, defeating the purpose of getting a suite. The jacuzzi tub was great, and the view was lovely. Must give credit where credit is due. We had planned to sleep in before starting our day at the spa, but at 6am, a busy family of vermin living in the walls woke us up (probably chipmunks). They squeaked, clawed, hissed, tussled, and ran circles around the room inside the walls. I was sure one would find a hole in the ceiling and pounce on us. But by this point we were so horrified with the whole place that we just laughed at our adventure. As far as the restaurants, we ate dinner at HK's which was awful and overpriced, and we had breakfast at Breezes which was very good and reasonably priced. The spa wasn't as great as I expected. I've been to a lot of spas, and this one ranks one cut above the worst one I have ever been to only because the Vitamin-C facial was great. It was as filthy as the hotel, and the products in the changing room were Suave and Loreal! hahah! So tacky! My friend got a massage from Todd, and she almost cried because he was so inappropriate with her. The manis and pedis were average. I can't see any reason to go back there since the spa was the focus and it wasn't that nice, but if I do, I would stay somewhere else. The only way I would stay at the Lodge again is if they replaced all the carpets and furniture.

• Liked — The view
  • Disliked — The filth and odor
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with friends
Fulton, MO
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2008

My husband and I were celebrating our 1st wedding anniversay, and decided "the lake" would be a nice place to spend it. When we pulled up, the place was noticably very outdated but we thought perhaps since it was the off season they hadn't had a chance to update. When we walked in there were noticible stains and dirt on the carpet. This was not new dirt off somone shoes, this was settled dust and stains on very very dated carpet. The desk clerk was very polite and courteous. We got our room (one with a fireplace), and couldn't believe this was our room. It looked like someone had slept in the bed the night before and had just pulled the cover back up. The decor was beyond outdated, the carpets were stained and dirty, and it smelled like a nursing home. I pulled back the shower curtains to find a brown dirty tub. We decided we would talk to the desk clerk about a refund. He gave us a new room and said if we weren't satisfied he would refund our money. We went to the new room and found a bigger outdated, and dirty room. To top it off there was a very large black stain in front of our window. We again went back to the desk and our money was refunded. The desk clerk was very helpful and polite and did not seem suprised by our desire to leave, like it had happened many times before. We called the country club hotel and spa and got a beautiful room and had a beautiful stay!! STAY AT THE COUNTRY CLB HOTEL AND SPA!! It's much nicer and inexpensive!

• Liked — The desk clerk was very professional
  • Disliked — Durty, outdated, I'm really glad we didn't stay!
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2008

My family just returned from Lodge of the Four Seasons after a 4 night stay. The property is located in a wonderful location. One of the reasons we chose this resort was because it had a marina and also a spa. The marina was top notch and the spa was amazing. The resort, well, let's just say it needs some sprucing-up. The rooms were very clean, which is why we decided to stay, but the resort itself was just okay. The pool area really needs to be cleaned up and updated, as does the whole resort. I think this was a spectacular place back in the 70's or 80's, but is lacking now. The price we paid was good for the accomodations that we got. I wouldn't say I hated it or felt uncomfortable, but there are a lot of nicer places to stay in the Lake of the Ozarks. But, do go to the Spa Shiki--it was by far one of the best spas I have been to. It is worth the drive even if you don't stay at the resort.

• Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Philadelphia, PA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2008

This hotel is now so dated that maybe it can be considered retro cool with its Brady Bunch decor.

We checked in on a busy Thrusday evening and saw absolutely no staff other than the two harried people working the front desk. This is a sprawling property and we kept running into guests moving their luggage on luggage carts by themselves, in same cases across the poorly lit parking lot.

For a full service resort we were surprised that after 10 PM the only food service available was candy and soda from a vending machine. The bed was so hard that we went to Walmart to buy a foam pad so we could sleep.

Other than that the setting on the lake is pretty and there really isn't much of quality in this market anyway.

• Liked — Pretty setting
  • Disliked — hard mattress
Stayed March 2008
Raynham, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2007

We stayed at this place on business. It was the worst resort I have ever encountered. Our room had a nice view, but the blinds on the windows were broken, the rug was filthy (don't go barefoot!), the water in the shower went from scalding to cold in seconds. Most of the resort staff was indifferent and oblivious to guests. In addition, when we entered the resort through the doors near the spa, it was terribly moldy smelling throughout the hall. The food was average during the business meetings, but the servers never bothered to serve our coffee to us--we had to ask for a cup even though the coffee setup was already in the dining room. Because it was September, two of the pools were closed, and the third might as well have been closed. We left the pool (which needed cleaning) one afternoon, only to return the next day and see the same drink glasses there, infested with insects. The only positive things I can say is that the pillows on our bed were clean, as I check those first when staying anywhere, and the grounds were nice. This property has potential to be a great place, if only they'd clean it, remodel it, and get some better staff.

• Stayed September 2007, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Lodge of Four Seasons? Share your experiences!