“Loved the Avila Condos” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Lodge of Four Seasons

Save Saved
You added Lodge of Four Seasons to your Saves list
Lodge of Four Seasons
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   Horseshoe Bend Parkway, P.O. Box 215, Lake Ozark, MO 65049   |
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Lake Ozark
St. Charles, Missouri
“Loved the Avila Condos”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2011

Spent a quiet weekend just before Thanksgiving in the new Avila condos. Not surprisingly, the resort was almost empty which added to the peaceful, romantic atmosphere of our stay. I highly recommend this time of year for a quiet getaway. The condos were extremely nice and well appointed. Sunken tub, separate shower “room”, three flat panel TVs, two balconies overlooking the lake, gas fireplace and a spacious kitchen. Breakfast and dinner in the main lodge were both pleasant experiences and only added to the enjoyment of our weekend.

Room Tip: Condos on the first floor are just a very short walk from the parking area.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
MoFord, Carl Clark - Vice President of Operations at Lodge of Four Seasons, responded to this review, February 3, 2012
Thank you for staying with us at The Lodge of Four Seasons. The Avila Condominiums are a nice room as you stated and while they are a short distance from the main lodge I hope you enjoyed the shuttle service that we provide. Although on a nice day who can resist taking a short walk to The Lodge. It is great to hear that you were able to enjoy our restaurants during your stay as well. Again thank you for choosing the Lodge for your weekend getaway.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
Sedalia, Missouri, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2011

Spa Shiki was A-MAZ-ING. Had such a relaxing day followed by the best meal either one of us has ever had! (HK's) Wonderful little getaway in the midst of holiday craziness

Room Tip: The condo's have a nice kitchen and gas fireplace.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2011

I attended a conference at this hotel recently. First let me say, as a conference place it is really pretty good! Best food I've ever had in that sort of setting (Italian for one dinner, Mexican for a lunch, typical American breakfast)! Most of the meeting rooms were good although the two in the top floor of the Atrium had noise issues if there were separate meetings in each of the rooms.

As a guest, finding the hotel was easy (just make sure that while you take the 54 / W exit, you continue on 54 instead of turning on W). Check in was easy and prompt. There is a beautiful lobby area if you do happen to need to wait. The rooms were very spacious and clean. I LOVED the bath stuff they provided. However, the mattresses were really hard and I woke up with an aching back. I went to the bar one night and had quick service with a well made drink.

My major disappointment with the hotel was the night I ordered room service. Room service is my indulgence to myself when I have to be away from home and most hotels I stay at make it feel like a real luxury. For example, the last hotel I stayed at before this one only had a strip steak on the menu. I asked them if they could do a ribeye for me and they were more than happy to do that. The Lodge has an extremely limited menu for dinner - I believe there were only 4 entrees listed, although there may have been 5. Their lunch menu took up several pages though and had several good options. So when I was calling for dinner, I asked to order off the lunch menu. The first person I got asked if he could please put me on hold while he checked and then accidentally hung up on me. Really, no big deal, I just called back. Except this time I got Justin. Justin was not interested in helping me at all. No, I had to order off the menu given, no exceptions. Ok, so I asked him what was in the steak soup. He said to me "steak I guess and maybe some vegetables". I told him that wasn't terribly helpful and he just stayed silent. So I was forced to go with my third option and left feeling resentful that I was paying $30+ for a meal when the staff person clearly couldn't care less. I will say the first guy was nice and the woman that delivered my tray was nice but it really only takes one bad apple to spoil the whole experience.

I didn't get a chance to check out the spa services and only noticed at checkout that they do free movies in a theater every evening. Both seem like they would be worthwhile though. They do offer free cider and cookies in the evening which are very good!

Room Tip: I was in the Atrium, not a super great view but a cute little balcony and I really enjoyed the 4 sto...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for your comments. Please accept my apologies for the rude behavior that you encountered when you were simply trying to order a meal. It is unacceptable that you were disconnected and that you had to call back and then for you to be treated as you were. You just wanted to order room service, a function that is handled everyday at the hotel. Steps have been taken with Justin to assure that any future guest will not be treated the way you were. We look forward to serving you again in the future.
Troy, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2011

We had a very relaxing weekend. There were several Christmas parties going on at the Lodge that weekend and we didn't hear any of the noise from our room. The decorations were beautiful and the workers were so nice. I have been here several times. It is my favorite place to stay in the Lake of the Ozarks.

Room Tip: Get one with a view of the lake. The lodge is excellent but they have condos for larger groups.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for choosing The Lodge for your relaxing weekend. We are happy to hear that you continue to return to The Lodge of Four Seasons and we look forward to your next visit with us.
Kelso, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2011

Just returned from weekend meetings.Fromt he time we walked into the lobby with the fireplace going and letting the kids make smores until we left was great.All the staff were great.Rooms were nice.I was in meetings all weekend but my family enjoyed the spa.And they also loved the pool.The only thing I would change is the ceiling tiles in our room was water stained.Overall great time.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for your comments. I want to assure you the water stained ceiling tiles have been replaced. We appreciate you letting us know there was an issue. We only hope that you will be able to return in the future with your family and that you will not be in a meeting the entire weekend. Thank you again and we look forward to your next visit at The Lodge of Four Seasons.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011 via mobile

Great spacious rooms in the Villas with full kitchen amenities; on-site movies (although dated) and daily activities. The Lodge has several restaurants to accommodate differing tastes and a dance club! You can drive to the Osage Beach Outlets within 10 minutes from the Lodge. Nice place! Not too far from Kansas City or St. Louis.

• Stayed November 2011
Thank you for staying with us at The Lodge of Four Seasons. It sounds like you found everything that you were looking for while you were here. Thank you again for choosing The Lodge.
Saint Robert, Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2011

When you walk in the lobby is nice, the room on the other hand was so outdated, the bed was stiff, they had an old school "box back" tv, the curtains had holes in them, walls are extremely thin and the hair dryer made a terrible loud noise so ladies bring yours from home! The room also needed dusted there was alot of dust on the lamps.The conference rooms & ballroom are very dated also. There are no vending machines beside a soda machine.Over all you can save some money by going to a Holiday Inn and getting better amenities.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
MoFord, Carl Clark - Vice President of Operations at Lodge of Four Seasons, responded to this review, November 25, 2011
Thank you for staying with us at The Lodge. I apologize that we did not meet your expectations. As you have seen we are a Lodge style resort and have a lot of rock walls as accents throughout the property. I have spoken with the staff to make sure they are letting people know where the vending machines are and that they are letting our guest know about our food options. We have Breezes for Breakfast and Lunch, HK’s for Dinner and Room Service all day. As well as food available in the Lobby Bar and deli sandwiches available at the front desk should you be looking for food after Room Service is closed.

Been to Lodge of Four Seasons? Share your experiences!