“Midwestern charm in an elegant setting” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Lodge of Four Seasons

Save Saved
You added Lodge of Four Seasons to your Saves list
Lodge of Four Seasons
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   Horseshoe Bend Parkway, P.O. Box 215, Lake Ozark, MO 65049   |
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Lake Ozark
Wichita, Kansas, United States
“Midwestern charm in an elegant setting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

Picturesque get-away with Midwestern charm

The view of the lake from your room was world-class! We enjoyed an amazing, 5-star dinner at HK's, one of the main dining venues. Our waiter was exceptional and the food was amazing! The grounds surrounding the resort were gorgeous, loaded with seasonal flowers everywhere and breathtaking landscaping. Every staff member throughout the Lodge was friendly and smiled and went out of their way to ensure our enjoyable stay. Our room was spacious and very clean, with a rustic yet contemporary feel. We loved having so many beautiful amenities right at our fingertips, including a snack kiosk with freshly-ground, delicious coffee and a high-end gift shop with unique, one-of-a-kind pieces. The Lodge at Four Seasons is the perfect hideaway - an elegant relaxation spot we can't wait to experience again!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
MoFord, Carl Clark - Vice President of Operations at Lodge of Four Seasons, responded to this review, November 2, 2011
Thank you so much for the kind words. We have a new landscaper this year and have been very happy with the improvements he has made to the property. It’s great to hear guests think the same thing we do! We will definitely pass along your compliments. I’m happy you were able to enjoy all the different amenities we offer. We look forward to your return to The Lodge.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
Wichita, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2011

What a gem! Had a weekend getaway with friends and loved every minute of being in this resort. I love that the historic decor is gently updated so not to become every other place I stay. The staff were very accomodating and friendly...good service is hard to find these days. HK's restaurant is top-notch; be sure to try the steaks! My friends and I loved having everything all at one place. We hardly left the property. If you're heading to the Lake of the Ozarks, The Lodge is a definite must-stay! Enjoy the woodsy-feel of this hidden getaway...and don't forget the onsite spa!!! Can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: In the main lodge, ask for something above the 2nd floor. Beautiful view of the lake.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Thank you for the nice review! We are proud of the historic décor located throughout The Lodge and love hearing when a guest genuinely appreciates the rare works of art. As you said, we definitely aren’t “every other place”. Our staff works hard at serving our guests and we will definitely share your kind words with them. We look forward to you bringing some more of your friends from Wichita to visit! Thank you for choosing to stay at The Lodge.
Lenexa, Kansas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2011

This is an old property that is in need of updating. Rooms were very outdated and may have been quite comfortable 25 years ago, but definitely require modernization! It's priced at the high end of scale for the area, but does not offer up to date, first rate facilities. It has great lake views and lake access, but appears to rely on this as a reason for guests to stay at the facility. We stayed in the main lodge and had issues with water pressure which made it impossible to take a shower. Cost of food and beverages was also at the high end, but did not offer high end quality and taste. Very mediocre cuisine. Our recommendation is that you save your money unless you get in one of the newer updated buildings and even then, make sure you have a discounted rate for your room.

Don't take your dog unless you want to pay the cost of a room for him each night. Pets were $100 per night, per pet, non refundable.

Room Tip: Make sure not to stay in the main lodge unless it's been fully renovated.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I want to apologize for not meeting your expectations during your stay. We have many guests who return because they enjoy the charm and character of our Lodge. We offer many different room types in hopes having a little something for everyone. We have shared your concerns with the food and beverage division as well and are currently making some changes to our menus. Please feel free to contact me if you would like to discuss your recent stay.
Austin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2011

The name made me think of the Four Seasons hotel chain, of course its not affiliated but thats what the name made me think of. This place is the complete opposite. It is way past due (by decades) for a major facelift. Everything is outdated, carpet, tv, walls, decor, bathroom, elevator, hvac, patio doors, elevator, etc. The rooms do not have a "lodge" feel which would have been nice. The absolute worst part s the beds. This was by far the most uncomfortable bed i have ever slept on in my life. I travel extensively for my career and have spent plenty of nights in various hotel chains and can honestly say this is THE WORST bed ever. I came for a work convention and fellw coworkers all had the same complaints. Im so glad i didnt come for a family vacation - because it would have been ruined due to my extensive back pain from a horrible nights sleep.

One last thing ... Dont order pizza from the brochure in the room. I think its "onsite" but they will never make/deliver your pizza. You will have to call back after 1 hr 15 min waiting and then they will apologize for forgetting about you.

They only had 1 person working registration to check in guests early friday evening knowing they had 2 conventions going on. Nice staff but poor staffing/planning.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else. Im not sure where to recommend but look for something that has been updated sin...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
I want to apologize for not meeting your expectations during your recent stay at The Lodge. We certainly can’t improve our facility if guests don’t take the time to share their thoughts. I would like to find out what room you were in so we can take care of the mattress problem. I welcome the opportunity to speak with you about your stay. Please feel free to contact me at any time to discuss your stay.
Effingham, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2011 via mobile

Condos are nice size, bedroom, large bathroom, living room, kitchen, and dining room. Very comfortable and we had a great view of the lake. Very nice beds and above average bed linens. The place really needed a good cleaning. I looked under the bed and the dining room table extension and a paper cup was under the very dusty bed. The condos are a short walk from the hotel lobby. The condos looked much better than the hotel. The walking path is across the street. The staff was very nice.

• Stayed October 2011
MoFord, Carl Clark - Vice Presidet of Operations at Lodge of Four Seasons, responded to this review, November 2, 2011
Thank you for sharing your review with us. We appreciate the kind words about our staff. It sounds like you had an enjoyable stay and were able to relax with a wonderful view of The Lake. We have shared your comments with the housekeeping department to ensure rooms are cleaned thoroughly every day. We’re very happy that enjoyed your stay in Avila and hope to serve you again in the future.
Saint Louis, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2011

We have stayed in hotels all over the world and this is best described as a total dump! Nice people who tried to make the most of this late 70s time warp. My wife and I had a few laughs but thank God we only stayed one night in this museum to disco era motels. Creepy!

We arrived about 3pm and were told our room wasn't ready, we went to the poolside bar which was ok except for cheap furniture and Bud Light umbrellas that were at leaqst 10 years old.

Off to our room and honestly we were stunned. We were told we would have a lovely view of the lake. Really? Over a roof of the spa, the lobby and multiple airconditioning units, we could see the lake. which is very nice. The room was ludicrous. A tiny bathroom complete with flies and a toilet that would barely flush. The tempature controls look like are an exhibit from the Smithsonian. The curtain was torn. The sliding door was old and barely usable. The small tube TV, the weird 70s furniture and very old, very used mattress completed the experience.
The rest of the place is something like a bad dream I have had. Think of the Shinning in the winter, we were waiting for Jack Nicholson to make an appearance. The elevators crunched and banged while barely opening. Vast areas of the hotel were vacant with mirrors and old carpet for a truley spooky ambiance. A small cramped bar on the first floor was terrible.

Finally this morning we ventured to the restaurant, another time trip to the early 80s at best. The place was freezing at 9am as the tempature had dropped overnight. Adding to the chill were the ceiling fans. Our very nice waitress told us the fans were connected to the lights and the only way to turn them off was to turn off the lights. She also said that if they turn the heat on the place gets too hot. We suggested they turn the heat on until it got warmer and then turn it off. They thought this was a great idea and they turned the heat on to the comfort of the shiviring customers.The food was terrible. GREASY, like a Dennys on the interstate, and putrid coffee. We each asked for a side of bacon, about 6 pieces, that cost us $11. We left as quickly as possible through the weird 70s lobby.

Room Tip: Don not stay here, although you may want to check it out for laughs, but not for $200 a night
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
I apologize that you did not find your trip to The Lodge of Four Seasons a relaxing time. I would really like to have the opportunity to discuss your experience with you and encourage you to contact me at your earliest convenience.
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2011

I am not sure how anybody could rate this hotel 5 star or write a review like, "I can't say enough good things about the 4 seasons"????? Anyone who likes this place for the price they charge of $250 a night has never stayed in a nice hotel before and has no frame of reference. If you think this is a nice place, you must be from Po Dunk Missouri. In reality, a great 4 star resort is a hotel like The Wynn in Las Vegas (which is cheaper then this place). This is simply not a 4 star place and is really a 1 -2 star dive. The 4 seasons wishes they were the "four seasons" by Ritz Carlton which is why they took the name. They are trying to appear to be high end but In reality this hotel is a dump that needs a full cleaning very badly.

The only explanation I have for my review Vs. Others below is that I stayed in the "lake-view" tower NOT the main building. Maybe other reviewers stayed in the main towers not the neglected lake view tower. Don't make this mistake! The lakeview tower is a straight up dump! The grounds have not been cleaned in 20 years and the pool had a mold ring around it that is hard not to touch when you swim. I usually don't like to lean up against mold while I am chilling out.....but that's just me. The ONE great thing about the lakeview tower is we did have hundreds of live and dead bugs as roommates to keep us company. This place could truly be the 4 seasons........if the 4 seasons were dump, dive, scum, and trash.

Room Tip: Do not stay in lakeview room
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
MoFord, Carl Clark Vice President of Operations at Lodge of Four Seasons, responded to this review, September 28, 2011
I apologize that your stay at The Lodge was not as enjoyable as our recent reviewers. We enjoy many returning guest who elect to stay with their families, friends or attend a conference at The Lodge as a result of our traditional friendly attention to service when they are here. I have researched our call logs for July when you stayed with us and find no record of any issue being reported. I wish you would have notified our staff of an issue so we could have resolved it when you were here. If you would like to discuss your stay with me further, please feel free to contact me directly.

Been to Lodge of Four Seasons? Share your experiences!