“Convenient, friendly, and no-nonsense” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Kirkwood
Ithaca, New York
“Convenient, friendly, and no-nonsense”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

The Best Western Kirkwood Inn in a great property if you are looking for something convenient off the highway but don't want to travel all the way into St. Louis. The check-in process was extremely easy and took about 30 seconds. Basically the clerk got my information, gave me keys, and directed me to where my room was and how best to enter with my stuff. That's how you check someone in!

The room itself was comfortable and well-appointed, but the cleanliness was somewhat lacking. There were hairs stuck to the bathroom walls and inside the tub from previous guests. I know it's difficult to grab all those things for the overworked housekeepers that have to clean a certain number of rooms per shift, but it is kind of gross to see nevertheless. We also spotted a cockroach inside the closet that ran into a hole in the wall before we could kill it. Again, probably a very difficult thing for the hotel to control considering how damp and rainy the area is. I didn't say anything to the hotel staff but I'm sure they would have moved me if I asked.

The free breakfast is a great start to your morning--take advantage of it! Get there early and beat the crowd.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
clbrasseur, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Kirkwood Inn, responded to this review, July 27, 2013
Andy,
Thanks so much for your review. On behalf of our entire team please accept our apologies for the issue with cleanliness you experienced. We pride ourselves on maintaining the highest standard of product quality and customer service, and from your observation we fell short the mark with your stay. I have shared your comments with our entire housekeeping team and they assure me that a renewed sense of pride in their work will result. We also thank you for your complimentary comments about our hotel and services. We hope we have the opportunity to provide you with an improved stay should you re-visit St. Louis.
Best,
Cynthia L. Brasseur

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Louisville, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Stayed here again this summer while visiting relatives in St. Louis. Once again the place is nothing that will take your breath away, but it is clean and in a great location with lots of parking and close by shopping for necessities. Staff is friendly and efficient. This trip we ate at the attached Chili's restaurant and had a couple of beers in the on site tavern called "Van's". Very comfortable little bar and this Chili's is just like every other one you have been in to have a meal. Since last year I think the rooms have received a bit of a face lift with some new carpet and some other work. It's an older property but like I said it is clean and maintained well. One minor issue this trip with housekeeping as we had a block of three rooms all next to each other. For some reason one day they only made up two of the three rooms. Not sure what happened or why but the next day everything was done properly and I will write this off as a minor blip. This place is close to Grant's Farm for a fun kids trip and quick access to I-44 and into downtown for the Arch and the Stadium. I'll stay here again next year.

Room Tip: Room 200 is right next to the conference room and can get some noise from early starting meetings.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Good Morning and thanks for sharing your experience staying with us. We appreciate your continued business when you return to visit family in St. Louis! I apologize for the oversight with servicing one of your rooms, but I was happy to read that we took care of it the next day. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay, as well as Chili's and Van's Tavern. We look forward to seeing you again next year!
Dayton, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

I am a very frequent travel and a Hilton Honors Diamond member. I stayed at this Best Western with my family because I was traveling with my family across country by car with two small children and two cats. This is a pet friendly hotel. They have designated pet rooms so as not to endanger anyone else with allergies. The pet room was kept to the same standard of cleanliness as the non-pet room. The staff at the front desk went to great lengths to secure two rooms for us that were across the hall from each other. The pool was sparkling clean, and the Chili's restaurant which is attached was very well run with equally efficient and friendly service. I feel that this property is superior to the comparable Hilton brands (Hampton Inns and Hilton Garden Inns) in which I have stayed over the past several years. Depending on my destination and reasons for travel, I stay in 3 to 5 star hotels. This is a 3 star hotel which is extremely well run and properly furnished for its market. My accompanied ratings are based on comparisons to other hotels in this class of hotel. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for lodging in this area and within this price range.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Good Morning and thank you so much for the glowing review of your recent stay with us. Our entire team has been "high-fiving" after reading your comments! We take great pride in our property and our commitment to providing the very best in customer service; so it is wonderful to hear that our guests notice and appreciate. Should you ever return through St. Louis, we look forward to being of service again!
Grand Rapids, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

Our son was getting married in St. Louis and we live in Michigan. It was my job to find a hotel for all the family coming in from all over. I had certain criteria... in the Kirkwood, MO vicinity, outdoor pool, free breakfast, close to interstates, shopping and restaurants close by and free internet. I searched and searched online and found the Kirkwood Best Western, called reservations and blocked multiple rooms for multiple days with Heather. She gave me a fantastic rate and even helped me with possible restaurants to have the rehearsal dinner at. When we arrived, we were greeted by Heather and we were even allowed to get into our rooms a little early so we could get ready for a dinner we had to attend. A few little quirks like my hair dryer went out and within an hour, I had a new hair dryer in my room... very impressive. The pool was clean and served as a wonderful place for our family to hang out. I will for sure go back to the Kirkwood Best Western!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Hello!

Thank you for posting your review regarding your recent stay at our BEST WESTERN Kirkwood Inn and your complimentary comments, which have delighted our entire team. We are all so pleased that you enjoyed your stay, especially on such an important occasion!

We appreciate your loyalty to our BEST WESTERN brand!

Best,
Sullivan, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

We stayed overnight June 15th in this hotel. It was a few miles outside of St. Louis but was right off the highway and had a lot of options for food and shoping nearby. Chilis resturant is on the 2nd floor of this hotel and they have menus in your rooms to check out before you go or you can call in room service. I could not find the ice bucket so I asked at the front desk. They told me it was on top of my fridge. I didn't know I had a fridge. Check it out every room has a fridge in the room under the TV (very cool). Free hot breakfast the next morning was above average. Hot eggs, bacon, etc. As I checked out the lady at the front desk wished me a happy father's day and actually beat my kids to it. That was really nice. Overall good place to stay.

Room Tip: This hotel has 10% off deals with 3 local resturants, with one being at the hotel. Ask the front de...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
clbrasseur, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Kirkwood Inn, responded to this review, June 22, 2013
Greetings!
Thank you so much for the glowing review of your stay! We are all delighted that you and your family enjoyed your time with us - we appreciate your sharing your experience on Trip Advisor. We hope you will visit again [perhaps Mother's Day :-) ?] Best wishes from Team BEST WESTERN Kirkwood Inn!
Cynthia L. Brasseur

Been to BEST WESTERN Kirkwood Inn? Share your experiences!