“Nice place 2-2013” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Kirkwood Inn

You added BEST WESTERN Kirkwood Inn to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Kirkwood Inn
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1200 South Kirkwood Road, Kirkwood, Saint Louis, MO 63122   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Stay 2X get $50 gift card
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Kirkwood
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Indianapolis< IN
“Nice place 2-2013”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

Great location. Front desk staff was friendly and accommodating. The room was clean and comfortable. Plenty of places to eat nearby as well as Chili's hooked to the hotel. The bed was clean but I've had more comfortable mattresses. It wasn't bad just not the best. It appeared that the room had recently been renovated with carpet, furniture and paint. Everything was clean. Being on the 1st floor near the exit I was concerned that it might be noisy but I'm happy to say that I did not notice anything out of the ordinary. The breakfast was good with plenty of hot items to choose from. I definitely recommend this facility and will stay again on my next visit to St Louis.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
clbrasseur, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Kirkwood Inn, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Good Morning,
I have been asked by Falon, Gladys, Kristina, Justin, Bryant & Andrea (our front desk team) to send you special thank yous for your complimentary comments about their service! And all of us are grateful for your observations about your stay and your intent to return to our hotel the next time you are in St. Louis. We look forward to continuing to exceed your expectations!
Cynthia L. Brasseur

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Normal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I stayed here mainly because of the central location. I had jobs throughout St. Louis county and did not want to change hotels every night. The hotel is in good repair and very clean. The rooms are well appointed and the furnishings, if not new, are in good shape. The breakfast was above average, with both hot and cold items. There is a Chilis' restaurant attached to the hotel which offers room service - very convenient. There is also a small cocktail lounge on premises. The hotel is located in a retail complex with a Walmart, and 5 restaurants within walking distance. The pool is outdoors, and was obviously closed for the winter but it looked like it would be quite enjoyable when open. The fitness center was small but very well maintained...Recal bike machine, elliptical, and treadmill as well as a complete set of barbells. The guest laundry is in the same room as the fitness center which was a little weird, but it did not diminish the effectiveness of my workout. This is an excellent hotel, I will stay there again and heartily recommend it.

Room Tip: Rooms on the 2nd floor and up have a very small balcony. Not even big enough for a chair, but very c...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Hello and many thanks for your "two-thumbs-up" review about your recent stay with us! Your comments are shared with our entire team and I guarantee you that there are wide grins abounding today as a result. It is always exhilarating to read that we are achieving our goals to provide the very best in customer care and product quality. So our sincere thanks for making our day!
Dallas, Texas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Being new to St. Louis, I was not sure where to stay during my visit to the St. Louis area for a business trip. This was a pleasant surprise with little negative to say.

PROS: It is close to a main highway, which made it nice getting to and from my clients every day. There were plenty of places to eat within walking distance, including Texas Roadhouse and Chili's. The hotel did supply a 10% coupon for each, which was a nice touch.

I try to eat healthy on my trips, and their breakfast, had hard boiled eggs, yogurt and fruit, which many Best Western's do carry as well, but theirs seemed to be fresh, which was pleasant. The staff were very friendly and helpful, which for being out of town is nice.

The rate was about average for a Best Western, however for being indoors, working elevators, good internet connectivity, etc, it is worth the price.

CONS: Well, there were only a couple of things I found discouraging, they were minor in nature, but for some, it is still an inconvenience. First, if you are accustomed to having a microwave in your room during a Best Western stay, such as I am, be prepared to go to the lobby to cook your popcorn or heat your food, as there is no Microwave in the room.

Second, the coke machines, well all are high on the road, right? This one is very high, $2.00 for a coke, hmm, good thing Dunkin Doughnuts is in the same parking lot. The snack machine follows in suit, I paid $1.50 for my Three Musketeer candy bar. So if you plan to use the vending machines during your stay bring your quarters, you will need them.

Summary: All in all, I would stay here again if my travels take me this way.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Hello Jimmy S.-
Thank you for taking the time to share your personal experience with our hotel from a business standpoint. Your review is comprehensive and thoughtful and most appreciated by our entire team. We look forward to the next opportunity we have to provide you with our own brand of hospitality when you return to St. Louis.
Very Best Wishes,
Whitmore Lake, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

This hotel is located in a nice area and a perfect location if you like to shop instead of sitting in your room. The front desk associates were very professional and friendly. The rooms were nice and clean, I never heard anyone in the room next to us but maybe there wasnt anyone checked into it. The free breakfast was GREAT! It was nice having something on the breakfast bar I havent seen at another Best Western yet. The potatoes with peppers and sausge, big hit with the family!! Since we had already had dinner by the time we checked in we did not eat at Chili's which is connected to the hotel, another plus in my book! I will stay agian when in the area again!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
clbrasseur, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Kirkwood Inn, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Greetings Terri,
Your comments illustrate why we refer to our hotel as the best base camp for your visit to St. Louis. Families love the convenience of shopping and dining within walking distance and that we are minutes from all St. Louis attractions. We were so pleased to read your comments about our cleanliness and friendliness! Thank you for taking the time to review your visit with us.
Cynthia Brasseur
Victoria, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

This Hotel was located in a nice area, however the hotel couldn't have been a bigger bust as far as noise is concerned. I was travelling on business and really needed to sleep and throughout the night we could here the guy next door walking around, shuffling papers and watching TV. We couldn't complain because he wasn't being loud, it was just that the walls were paper thin. First thing in the morning the doors were slamming and every word being spoken could be heard. I left with very little sleep and haggard. the hotel itself was ok, the flat screen tv was nice and the service was average. i will not return.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
clbrasseur, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Kirkwood Inn, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Good Morning Terry,
Please accept my sincere apologies for failing to provide the service and product quality we pride ourselves on during your stay. I am sorry that the noise you described kept you from a good night's sleep - which is the essence of our business. I would very much appreciate if you would reach out to me at 314-821-3950 to further discuss your experience. I look forward to speaking with you.
Cynthia L. Braseur

Been to BEST WESTERN Kirkwood Inn? Share your experiences!