“Good Hotel in St. Louis area” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Low Rate, Guaranteed
Ranked #1 of 3 hotels in Kirkwood
Dallas, Texas, United States
“Good Hotel in St. Louis area”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Being new to St. Louis, I was not sure where to stay during my visit to the St. Louis area for a business trip. This was a pleasant surprise with little negative to say.

PROS: It is close to a main highway, which made it nice getting to and from my clients every day. There were plenty of places to eat within walking distance, including Texas Roadhouse and Chili's. The hotel did supply a 10% coupon for each, which was a nice touch.

I try to eat healthy on my trips, and their breakfast, had hard boiled eggs, yogurt and fruit, which many Best Western's do carry as well, but theirs seemed to be fresh, which was pleasant. The staff were very friendly and helpful, which for being out of town is nice.

The rate was about average for a Best Western, however for being indoors, working elevators, good internet connectivity, etc, it is worth the price.

CONS: Well, there were only a couple of things I found discouraging, they were minor in nature, but for some, it is still an inconvenience. First, if you are accustomed to having a microwave in your room during a Best Western stay, such as I am, be prepared to go to the lobby to cook your popcorn or heat your food, as there is no Microwave in the room.

Second, the coke machines, well all are high on the road, right? This one is very high, $2.00 for a coke, hmm, good thing Dunkin Doughnuts is in the same parking lot. The snack machine follows in suit, I paid $1.50 for my Three Musketeer candy bar. So if you plan to use the vending machines during your stay bring your quarters, you will need them.

Summary: All in all, I would stay here again if my travels take me this way.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
clbrasseur, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Kirkwood Inn, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Hello Jimmy S.-
Thank you for taking the time to share your personal experience with our hotel from a business standpoint. Your review is comprehensive and thoughtful and most appreciated by our entire team. We look forward to the next opportunity we have to provide you with our own brand of hospitality when you return to St. Louis.
Very Best Wishes,
Cynthia L. Brasseur

161 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Whitmore Lake, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

This hotel is located in a nice area and a perfect location if you like to shop instead of sitting in your room. The front desk associates were very professional and friendly. The rooms were nice and clean, I never heard anyone in the room next to us but maybe there wasnt anyone checked into it. The free breakfast was GREAT! It was nice having something on the breakfast bar I havent seen at another Best Western yet. The potatoes with peppers and sausge, big hit with the family!! Since we had already had dinner by the time we checked in we did not eat at Chili's which is connected to the hotel, another plus in my book! I will stay agian when in the area again!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
clbrasseur, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Kirkwood Inn, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Greetings Terri,
Your comments illustrate why we refer to our hotel as the best base camp for your visit to St. Louis. Families love the convenience of shopping and dining within walking distance and that we are minutes from all St. Louis attractions. We were so pleased to read your comments about our cleanliness and friendliness! Thank you for taking the time to review your visit with us.
Cynthia Brasseur
Victoria, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

This Hotel was located in a nice area, however the hotel couldn't have been a bigger bust as far as noise is concerned. I was travelling on business and really needed to sleep and throughout the night we could here the guy next door walking around, shuffling papers and watching TV. We couldn't complain because he wasn't being loud, it was just that the walls were paper thin. First thing in the morning the doors were slamming and every word being spoken could be heard. I left with very little sleep and haggard. the hotel itself was ok, the flat screen tv was nice and the service was average. i will not return.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
clbrasseur, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Kirkwood Inn, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Good Morning Terry,
Please accept my sincere apologies for failing to provide the service and product quality we pride ourselves on during your stay. I am sorry that the noise you described kept you from a good night's sleep - which is the essence of our business. I would very much appreciate if you would reach out to me at 314-821-3950 to further discuss your experience. I look forward to speaking with you.
Cynthia L. Braseur
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

Booked my stay thru Best Western Reservation line & planned to use one of my free night vouchers. Upon arrival, they told me it was already used? Which it was NOT!
I find it really CRAZY that I can call the Best Western Reservations line & they allow me to book a room weeks ahead, give me confirmation number, etc. I drive 4 hours, stop at Kirkwood Best Western & THEN they tell me that the voucher is "NO GOOD!", very poor business if you ask me.

I had stayed at a Best Western for work for over 135 nights, earning multiple vouchers & many points, which is great. But to stand at a counter & be treated as if we are trying to get away with cheating the system somehow, was not a pleasant experience at all. I would recommend that if you plan to use a free night voucher, get it cleared thru the reservation line AND the hotel, so upon arrival you dont face this problem. The hotel was nice & clean and I would have no trouble staying there again, but this voucher issue was simply no fun at all & the Hotel needs to find a way to solve this problem!

KJ - Illinois

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

clbrasseur, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Kirkwood Inn, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Thank you for sharing your experience with redeeming your BWR free room night voucher. I have since responded to you directly, and again want to thank you for recognizing our front desk staff member's assistance with this issue. We hope that you will visit us again when your travels bring you to St. Louis.
Cynthia Brasseur

Been to BEST WESTERN Kirkwood Inn? Share your experiences!