“Healthy food done well in a great location” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Dining options: Reservations, Buffet
Dining style: Casual Dining
Rolla, Missouri
“Healthy food done well in a great location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

I had Baba Ganoush and Chicken Shawarma. They were excellent. Those with me had beef Shawarma that they enjoyed as well. Mint tea and Turkish coffee were excellent as well. Staff were friendly and interested in our experience. Excellent place to eat

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Saint Louis, Missouri
“Lovely Arabic Food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012 via mobile

First time for everything! Absolutely loved everything I've had here! I am huge on ethnic foods and this place was not a disappointment at all. Everything was really good, well cooked and made!

Malibu, CA
“Authentic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012 via mobile

A fun little restaurant with charming decor. My husband and I shared the vegetarian plate with one appetizer. It was plenty to eat. Food was delicious and it was made with fresh high quality ingredients. Loved the Mid-Eastern music!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Fort Wayne, Indiana
“Beautiful food and people”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

Our family of five came to Ranoush at 8 PM on a Thursday night. Ranoush is Syrian food, which shares its cuisine with other nations around the Mediterranean. The flavors are sharp and the spices are complex. The meats include beef, chicken, and lamb, sometimes grilled, sometimes seasoned with spices such as oregano.cumin, tumeric, garlic. We came in from the blowing wind and were seated immediately by friendly wait staff. The ambience showed comfort and warmth. We ordered the appetizer platter (with meat) to share. Everyone found something delicious, even the kids who are the pickiest eaters. The kafta was spicy, fresh, and delicious. The eggplant was out of this world. The bread is flat and more like wraps, but is fresh and flavorful. The salads are dressed with lemon juice and are more sour than we liked, but it is authentic to the flavor of the region. The vegetables were fresh and crisp. The owner came over to greet us and it was obvious he was proud of the friendliness and the excellence of the restaurant. We enjoyed ourselves immensely.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Kirkwood, Missouri
“Comfortable, delicious, friendly.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

I had lunch there today with a friend. His first time, my second. We'll be back. The people there are warm and friendly, welcoming us with smiles. The decor and atmosphere are distinct and comfortable. The menu has a lot of options, the prices are extremely fair. And the food is fabulous. What a relief from burgers and meat loaf and pizza. This Middle Eastern oasis of good taste has found a home in Kirkwood. My friend and I ended up spending 3 hours there, talking, drinking mint iced tea, and finally plunging into a fabulous dessert. I'm looking forward to my next visit.

• Visited October 2012