“Very Good Food, Very Expensive too!” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Very Good Food, Very Expensive too!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

My wife and I went here for our anniversary. The food was good, don't get me wrong. And we paid for it. Our bill was about $100 for 2 entrees, 1 salad, and 2 or 3 drinks. Like I said the food was good but not $100 good. If I'm going to spend $100 dollars on a special dinner for two, I'd go somewhere else. Service was EXCELLENT!

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

89% Recommend
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Many locals not aware of this gem”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

This isn't all the way off the beaten path, but many people who've lived all their lives in St. Louis don't seem to be aware of this place. Your first reaction when you walk in is that you've gone back in time; nearly-kitschy 1950s over-the-top white linen tablecloth Italian kinda' smacks you in the face. Once you get over that, the service is wonderful, the food is served hot and delicious, and you really get the idea that they're glad you're here. Give them a chance & you'll probably want to come back.

• Visited January 2013
Saint Louis, Missouri
“So so good! I want to go back!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

After a long day and a last minute decision to go out, my fiance and I decided to try out Peppe's. We don't live in the Kirkwood area but are familiar with it. We were in the are and look on TA for some place new that we hadn't tried before. So glad we did! We got there late (around 830) and they were very accommodating! The place is in an old house and was decorated very nicely--very intimate coy and chic. Very romantic, too.We were seated immediately, and had wonderful service. I surprisingly was in the mood for something other than pasta so I got the salmon special. My fiance got the pasta punttanesca. Both were delicious! Our plates were all but licked clean. I can't wait to go back, especially when it is warmer out and we can enjoy the patio.
I have to say that after reading many reviews about the nose I have to agree. It was loud but didn't bother me and we were able to have a conversation easily. I really only noticed the noise when I paid attention to it.
You have to try this place!!!!

• Visited March 2013
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Our First Time Was A Big Hit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

We went with a group on Saturday night so it was busy and too noisy for us. But, they made up for it with FANTASTIC service and great food. The snapper special was super and the ravioli marvelous. I had a veal special with eggplant that I really enjoyed. The sides were great, too, and what really did us in were the great desserts. We will come back for sure but will try for a weekday when it's not so noisy. I highly recommend.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Mo
“Very good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

My husband and I decided to celebrate our anniversary at Apt 2. It is in a small building nestled in a residential neighborhood in Kirkwood, Mo. We were met at the door by the owner. The decor is very plush. White tablecloths, chandaliers, lots of silver, real roses on the table. I would say there are only around 15 tables. Our server was very nice and knowledgable. Their rolls came out piping hot and were delicious. Drinks were served promptly. Everything is ala carte. Entrees come with two prices/lower price-smaller serving. My husband had chicken parmesan and I had veal saltimbocca. We opted for the larger servings and were not disappointed. I had three pieces of veal and his chicken almost filled the plate. Entrees came with green beans and fingerling potatoes. Both were very good.

The only reason I can't give this a excellent rating is because of the noise. It seems like this restaurant is the place for the Ladies of Kirkwood to go. There were 4 large tables of ladies and everyone knows the noise level that brings. When we arrived, there was only one other table occupied, an hour later the place was full, all women and 5 men.
We really enjoyed Apt 2, but don't think I can get my husband to go back because of the noise.

• Visited February 2013