“Our First Time Was A Big Hit” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Our First Time Was A Big Hit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

We went with a group on Saturday night so it was busy and too noisy for us. But, they made up for it with FANTASTIC service and great food. The snapper special was super and the ravioli marvelous. I had a veal special with eggplant that I really enjoyed. The sides were great, too, and what really did us in were the great desserts. We will come back for sure but will try for a weekday when it's not so noisy. I highly recommend.

88% Recommend
Mo
“Very good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

My husband and I decided to celebrate our anniversary at Apt 2. It is in a small building nestled in a residential neighborhood in Kirkwood, Mo. We were met at the door by the owner. The decor is very plush. White tablecloths, chandaliers, lots of silver, real roses on the table. I would say there are only around 15 tables. Our server was very nice and knowledgable. Their rolls came out piping hot and were delicious. Drinks were served promptly. Everything is ala carte. Entrees come with two prices/lower price-smaller serving. My husband had chicken parmesan and I had veal saltimbocca. We opted for the larger servings and were not disappointed. I had three pieces of veal and his chicken almost filled the plate. Entrees came with green beans and fingerling potatoes. Both were very good.

The only reason I can't give this a excellent rating is because of the noise. It seems like this restaurant is the place for the Ladies of Kirkwood to go. There were 4 large tables of ladies and everyone knows the noise level that brings. When we arrived, there was only one other table occupied, an hour later the place was full, all women and 5 men.
We really enjoyed Apt 2, but don't think I can get my husband to go back because of the noise.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Pleasantly surprised”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

I drive by this restaurant everyday and have alway's wanted to try it. I knew by the size I would need a reservation and we are usually making plans last minute. Finally I made one and dinner was so good we had dinner there the very next night! Looking forward to dining there again soon. Don't miss this gem on the outer path of Kirkwood.

• Visited January 2013
St.Louis
“Wonderful meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

Our favorite Italian restaurant in St. Louis was Gian Peppes, on The Hill. He closed in 2001 when I guess he got tired of cooking and we were most disappointed. Just learned that he has reopened in Kirkwood and we tried the restaurant last Saturday night with 3 couples. What amazing food Peppe can cook--one special pasta dish was average, the other 5 meals were beyond exceptional. We decided that Peppe till cooks the very best Italian food in St. Louis. The old house is small and the dining room is noisy, but not as noisy as some people have commented. Our table of six could easily talk with each other but there was certainly background noise. However, the incredible food (and great wine choices) have easily made this our favorite Italian restaurant. I am looking forward to returning for dinner, trying their lunch and in warmer weather, the outdoor seating.

• Visited January 2013
Kansas City, Missouri
“Noisy place”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

When this small restaurant is filled, the noise is so deafening it is difficult to have a conversation with a party of 4 and it's impossible at a table of 6. While the food is good quality and the decor beautiful, the noise is such a problem I have little desire to return.

• Visited September 2012