“I Always wanted to visit rare gem of history” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 7 Attractions in Kirkwood
Type: Architectural Buildings, Landmarks
Saint Louis, Missouri
20 attraction reviews
“I Always wanted to visit rare gem of history”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

The guides where excellent. Very amazing home. I loved the design but for me it would be hard to live in this place personally. Very zen like with many points in the design. I would call them poison arrows but some how it all works with balance. I loved the persimmon trees all around the home. I gather some for my recipe. I am sure it is high maintenance for the fruit drops on the patio and sky light window on the roof. It is part of the whole of the design. I have wanted to go to this place for ten years and my expectation became high and I was not disappointed.

Visited November 2012

St. Louis, MO
4 attraction reviews
“One Of The Best Examples”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

The striking thing, to me, was that the folks who had this built originally kept everything (including the furniture) as is. They seemed to have the thought this would be passed on to future generations. They lived here, but kept it as kind of a museum. The tour is nice and gives good background on the problems encountered in building it.

Visited November 2011
“Close Quarters”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

Tours limited to 10 at a time. Great tour guide who knew lots about FLW and his homes. House is small, in great shape thanks to local preservationists. Very small gift area.

Visited September 2012
www.2soaringhearts.com
6 attraction reviews
“Usonian Utopia”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

The Kraus home is a superb example of Wright's Usonian style. The tour guide was very knowledgeable and the home is a wonderful insight into the quirky mind of Wright himself.

Visited November 2011
Plain City, Ohio
21 attraction reviews
“Hidden treasure”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

My brother and I were in St. Louis to visit our parents and had about two hours to kill. I remembered that there was a Frank Lloyd Wright House in the vicinity and Googled the location. It turned out to be quite simple to find. A reservation is generally necessary to tour the house, but as luck would have it there was a tour about to start and two open spots. The level of preservation in the house is breathtaking. It has been restored to its original 1955 pristine state and features all the original furnishings as well which adds immensely to the level of authenticity. this was by far the best "FLW" experience I have had since vising "Fallingwater" several years ago. The house and grounds are a marvel of design and really worth a trip. Don't count on blind luck though, make a reservation. I will visit again.

Visited September 2012